Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the 8tb drive really such a mess???

4 posters

Go down

Is the 8tb drive really such a mess??? Empty Is the 8tb drive really such a mess???

Post by Cubalibre Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:07 pm

Hi!

I have to say that I have had a really good contact with Chris before I bought the 8tb drive. He has always answered my emails, but since I bought the drive I haven’t been able to get a hold of him.

I first downloaded the promotional drive, witch worked well, but this 8tb drive....there are so much wrong.

First of all I have the 16tb content in hyperspin....witch means for an example that I have the media for over 1000 Nintendo Wii.....and the 8tb drive only comes with 100.

Then there are a lot of games that don’t run, because it’s trying to find roms under F:\M:\ and other drives, and not D:\

Another thing is when I run a MAME game, it opens a window in the middle of the screen, and you can se Hyperspin in the background on both sides.

Another thing is that it always opens Windows when loading a game......shouldn’t that happen in the background?

In several games the mouse cursor is on top of the game.

Games are missing in hyperspin weels, but can be found and launched in Rocket launcher.

Hyperspin have been freezing a lot, and I have to CTRL ALT DEL to end it, and start it back up again.

This is just some of the problems I’m having. This drive is a real mess, and I’m so disappointed....

Cubalibre

Bonus Coins : 15
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Is the 8tb drive really such a mess??? Empty Re: Is the 8tb drive really such a mess???

Post by Michael Dale Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:52 pm

I don't have all those problems. I do get confused that when something is fixed like bezels in one update it becomes broken again later but I only have ever set up one wheel (mame) hyperspin by myself. It was a pain in the butt for me, mostly getting all the files together. Hence why I prefer something like Chris drive.

But with this new forum I think the drive will get much better because it seems to be much organized and it is more than 1 man trying to keep up with everything.

Chris drive is the best option available still. No one else offers the amount of games and updating system like this. Anyone else you buy a drive and whatever is on it is on it. The work put on this is daunting.
Michael Dale
Michael Dale

Bonus Coins : 142
Hi Scores : 9

Back to top Go down

Is the 8tb drive really such a mess??? Empty Re: Is the 8tb drive really such a mess???

Post by Cubalibre Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:09 am

Maybe I have these problems because I haven't been able to run syncovery......when trying to run syncovery, I just get a message saying I have the wrong password...

Cubalibre

Bonus Coins : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodriguez CR Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:17 am

It would be good to redesign Hyperspin. Insert system to system check it completely (with new romsets updated). There are many useless files and systems that do not work properly.

It would leave the hard drive cleaner, without unnecessary files, totally updated.
Rodriguez CR
Rodriguez CR

Bonus Coins : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:26 am

Cubalibre wrote:Maybe I have these problems because I haven't been able to run syncovery......when trying to run syncovery, I just get a message saying I have the wrong password...

https://hyperarcades.forumotion.com/f5-common-problems-solutions-start-here

Please read through this link if you have recently purchased / upgraded. Doing these fixes will help with a lot of common problems. You can also try using another front end like launchbox to see if you like it better. I believe there are about 6-7 different front ends in total. You have 16tb showing up because the wrong database file was run, it is as simple as running the correct one. Depending on what version of the drive you have you change this with the copilot program or I believe under "user options" folder or a folder under the install process and select the 8tb setup. I'm running the most current version of the drive so can't quite recall the exact folder on the previous setup.

We have main sections at the top of the support section please post any other issues you find there (specific missing games like you mentioned, problems with certain emulators etc) but make sure you do the main troubleshooting first to verify it is a drive issue and not an issue on your particular system.

https://hyperarcades.forumotion.com/f17-general-support

Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 419
Hi Scores : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down