[SOLVED! - Workaround] Utility folder kills sync (solution, was a bug but continued sync anyway.)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED! - Workaround] Utility folder kills sync (solution, was a bug but continued sync anyway.)

Post by Shamus McCrave on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:05 pm

I have tried a few different things but keep getting
"\Utility\Other\Help/Images: Duplicate Folder Name, please resolve manually"  
I have deleted and restored the folder.  Also tried running it without it.  No Change.
Are we still to delete the utility folders as well as the setup folders before updating?
thanks
Shamus McCrave

Bonus Coins : 12
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED! - Workaround] Utility folder kills sync (solution, was a bug but continued sync anyway.)

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:59 pm

Hi Shamus, my computers PSU is dead so I can't have a look at it to troubleshoot myself. Are you not able to hit "continue" after the error message and sync anyway?

RIG: Stormtrooper Stryker, Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, Skylake i5 6600k OC to 4.7ghz w/ Noctua D14 fan, R9 290x GPU, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 1000w PSU, Samsung Evo 850 HD

Future arcade build (have most parts already) 4 player arcade with 2 aimtrack guns, 2 spinners, force feedback racing wheel and blissbox adapter with original controllers for the following systems: NES,SNES,Genesis(3 and 6 button controllers), N64, Dreamcast, Wii/WiiU, Xbox one. Might add PS2 controllers but I always hated those.
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 240
Hi Scores : 11

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED! - Workaround] Utility folder kills sync (solution, was a bug but continued sync anyway.)

Post by Shamus McCrave on Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:22 pm

it allows me to continue but there are zero system roms to be updated which I highly doubt. I think it bails out and then continues ust adding the utility menu as an updated folder.
Shamus McCrave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:42 pm

About 2 (fairly recent) updates ago there was a small list of roms to update about 8-10 I think. If you did those I don't think there is anything else. The recent updates have been very heavy on Root, not on roms.

RIG: Stormtrooper Stryker, Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, Skylake i5 6600k OC to 4.7ghz w/ Noctua D14 fan, R9 290x GPU, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 1000w PSU, Samsung Evo 850 HD

Future arcade build (have most parts already) 4 player arcade with 2 aimtrack guns, 2 spinners, force feedback racing wheel and blissbox adapter with original controllers for the following systems: NES,SNES,Genesis(3 and 6 button controllers), N64, Dreamcast, Wii/WiiU, Xbox one. Might add PS2 controllers but I always hated those.
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamus McCrave on Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:47 pm

ok cool. yes I have updated that last time as well. I guess I just dont like having that error. I like green check-boxes Razz
Shamus McCrave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:56 pm

Oh I'm OCD too, totally get it. We will get that one figured out after we have these other more major issues hashed out. So far what Chris has found is that the issues are not being caused by anything wrong with the new release but rather users having old files, not running something right or having the wrong drive structure. So hopefully that means we will have that sorted out soon.

Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:47 pm

Shamus McCrave wrote:ok cool.  yes I have updated that last time as well.  I guess I just dont like having that error.  I like green check-boxes Razz

Hey Shamus,

If you get that error NEXT TIME we update, please screen shot it. I think after you update ROOT that should fix it, you can then try running update process again and see if it gives it to you.

If so, please screenshot it, and also screenshot:

D:\Arcade\System roms\Utility

Use ALT+PRINTSCREEN to capture window (Ctrl+printscreen gets your whole screen and is hard to see)

If you can paste screenshot in this thread, I can try to troubleshoot.

It's great to hear that you have both sides of your brain, the left side and the right side, just like normal people.
But I see the problem is that there is nothing right in your left brain and there is nothing left in your right side.

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 916
Hi Scores : 7

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamus McCrave on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:22 am

Shamus McCrave

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamus McCrave on Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:24 am

not solved.
Shamus McCrave

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:42 pm

Just hit continue. It works fine that way.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 302
Hi Scores : 21

http://hyperarcades.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top