Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOTE FOR SYNCOVERY UPDATE PROCESS FOR 8tb and 16tb ALTERNATE Users (people that don't use single drives)

3 posters

Go down

NOTE FOR SYNCOVERY UPDATE PROCESS FOR 8tb and 16tb ALTERNATE Users (people that don't use single drives) Empty NOTE FOR SYNCOVERY UPDATE PROCESS FOR 8tb and 16tb ALTERNATE Users (people that don't use single drives)

Post by James M Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:59 pm

NOTE:

On 10/20 Chris had posted the final update process that he and I completed.  It fixed ALMOST all issues.  There was still one issue:  Alternate profiles.

NOTE #1:   Only the 8tb and 16tb can have alternate profile.  2TB and 5TB users, YOU CAN IGNORE THIS ****

NOTE #2:  Alternate profiles mean you don't use a single 8tb drive for both the first and the 8tb+ drive

SO - Before you read further:
If you have 8tb setup and use only one drive; or 16tb setup and use only 2 drives, YOU CAN IGNORE THIS TOO ***

****************************** PROCESS UPDATE ******************************

So, if you are reading beyond this point, you either have:

• The 8TB setup using MORE than ONE drive (usually 5tb+3tb or 2x4tb)
  • The 16TB setup using MORE than TWO drives *OR* a RAID ZERO Configuration

If you have one of those special set ups, you have one extra step.

Here is the facebook post below, you need to download all the files in the main comment.

Extract them to your drive, then go to the COMMENTS in that thread, and download the 2nd file that ONLY has an EXE file in it.  You need a special EXE, and you place it in D:\_ Video Lessons and Tutorials\MiscInstallFiles\Setup exes\ and you will be OVERWRITING the file you just put there in prior step.

Once you do that, you can run the update process, it is now working universal for everyone.  Sorry about a couple missteps, but this was a HUGE undertaking.

The good news is this is the ONLY time we have to do this, and all future updates will be VERY easy moving forward.

Here's the FB Post to get both the full set of files and the special EXE for alt setup users:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1722715527986759/?multi_permalinks=2001313403460302&notif_id=1508700771754775&notif_t=group_activity
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

NOTE FOR SYNCOVERY UPDATE PROCESS FOR 8tb and 16tb ALTERNATE Users (people that don't use single drives) Empty Re: NOTE FOR SYNCOVERY UPDATE PROCESS FOR 8tb and 16tb ALTERNATE Users (people that don't use single drives)

Post by CrAaAaZyLeGs Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:06 am

And what if I only have a single 8tb drive and added those extra files I didn't need?

CrAaAaZyLeGs

Bonus Coins : 8
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

NOTE FOR SYNCOVERY UPDATE PROCESS FOR 8tb and 16tb ALTERNATE Users (people that don't use single drives) Empty Re: NOTE FOR SYNCOVERY UPDATE PROCESS FOR 8tb and 16tb ALTERNATE Users (people that don't use single drives)

Post by Sahadd Prawser Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:20 pm

CrAaAaZyLeGs wrote:And what if I only have a single 8tb drive and added those extra files I didn't need?

It would go something like this:

NOTE FOR SYNCOVERY UPDATE PROCESS FOR 8tb and 16tb ALTERNATE Users (people that don't use single drives) Giphy
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 419
Hi Scores : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down