[SOLVED]16TB is still not being Detected

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED]16TB is still not being Detected

Post by showdownx on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:05 pm

Hello,

I used the update that was posted on Facebook yesterday and my 16TB setup is still not being detected during the Initial setup install and the Syncovery update. It saying I have a 8TB when it's a 16TB. Please help!
showdownx

Bonus Coins : 21
Hi Scores : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED]16TB is still not being Detected

Post by Darragh on Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Hi, I had the same problem. Chris posted a possible solution that works for me. Make sure all of your files in the N drive are in the root folder "8TB+ Drive." Then rerun the install, it should see it as a 16tb system.
Darragh

Bonus Coins : 15
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Barnes on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:28 pm

Darragh wrote:Hi, I had the same problem. Chris posted a possible solution that works for me. Make sure all of your files in the N drive are in the root folder "8TB+ Drive." Then rerun the install, it should see it as a 16tb system.

I think that worked for me, too.  Re-running the install process and it detected 16TB AFTER making sure all system rom folders were in the 8+ Drive.  Guess somewhere along the way they got moved outside the box.  Anyway, letting the cmd run again and once done will run syncovery update to see that it gets the right .ini (16TB).  Will update as I go.  I am hopeful that this helps with controller issues I've been having (4 Xbox 360 controllers)
Jeremy Barnes

Bonus Coins : 31
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Wakdikyat on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:15 am

Jeremy, when you do the syncovery, are you getting anything from the N:\8TB+ Drive\ PC Games\ folder? Just check because when I do it on my side, it's not updating that folder at all.
Wakdikyat

Bonus Coins : 91
Hi Scores : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by showdownx on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:13 am

Thanks guys!

Sent from Topic'it App
showdownx

Back to top Go down

Post by showdownx on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:41 am

NICE...that resolve the 16TB detection issue. After placing the 'Rom' folders in the '8TB+ Drive' folder, I was also told by Chris to delete the  'Syncovery 16TB' folder and '8TB+ Media' zip folder, he said there is no need for them anymore. All you should see in the root of the 'N' drive is '8TB+ Drive' folder. (See screenshot below)

When you open the '8TB+ Drive' folder, inside you should see this: (see screenshot below)

That should solve the 16TB Detection issue.

Showdown
showdownx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackst333 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:17 am

I tried this several times and now I am lost and confused. I looked at all post. Now I need someone to see why this is not working.

Jackst333@outlook.com
teamviewer
231 310 812

I went to startup disable all files that needed to be disabled, like joytokey etc. like it stated in the post.

Runing windows 10
I enter another bug earlier but i want to see if any of the files I seen were wrong. I ran setup several times, and did the 8TB sync. Plus made sure that the root.7z was ran.

Thanks in advance. I see the post above and made sure that it was the same. Except the 16TB profile myine was empty so i copy the 16TB that Chris sent and it did not select 16TB only 8TB.

I also seen James new file to run and I tried that.

I just need this up and running. Thanks I did follow all post. I was asked that in the other bug I wrote.

Jackst333

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:45 am

Please post screenshots of your 8tb+ drive and its overall size / free space. And use imgur to post them or we won't be able to read the details we need to see.

RIG: Stormtrooper Stryker, Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, Skylake i5 6600k OC to 4.7ghz w/ Noctua D14 fan, R9 290x GPU, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 1000w PSU, Samsung Evo 850 HD

Future arcade build (have most parts already) 4 player arcade with 2 aimtrack guns, 2 spinners, force feedback racing wheel and blissbox adapter with original controllers for the following systems: NES,SNES,Genesis(3 and 6 button controllers), N64, Dreamcast, Wii/WiiU, Xbox one. Might add PS2 controllers but I always hated those.
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 240
Hi Scores : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackst333 on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:36 pm

Would it not be easier to go to teamviewer to see all this?  Here is the info. Also the drive is not compressed

Jackst333

Back to top Go down

Post by Wakdikyat on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:53 am

Try moving the M: drive to another drive letter. I think M: might be an alternative setup for HyperArcade

Jackst333 wrote:Would it not be easier to go to teamviewer to see all this?  Here is the info. Also the drive is not compressed

Wakdikyat

Bonus Coins : 91
Hi Scores : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top