[SOLVED]Am I missing wheels in the 16tb system? (System updated on 10/22/17)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED]Am I missing wheels in the 16tb system? (System updated on 10/22/17)

Post by Darragh on Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi, I'm somewhat new to the system, and I have two questions about missing wheels. Today is my first-time extensively running the system (freshly updated today; I have the 16tb setup).  The update did see that I have the 16tb system and I did the Syncovery with the 16tb options.

One of the main reasons I got the system is to play around with the Atari ST emulator. However, I cannot find it in Hyperspin (nor is there a wheel in HyperHQ).  I do have an Atari ST ROM folder. It is also not showing up in RocketLauncherUI (which lists 267 found systems).

My questions are:

Should I have an Atari ST wheel and if so where do I find it?

How many wheels should the 16tb system have? The website seems to suggest 391 total wheels.

Thanks,
Thomas
Darragh

Bonus Coins : 15
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED]Am I missing wheels in the 16tb system? (System updated on 10/22/17)

Post by Wakdikyat on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:12 am

Confirm that it's not on my 16TB setup either. The roms are still there, so you can probably set up still play them using RetroArch or possibly MESS
Wakdikyat

Bonus Coins : 91
Hi Scores : 4

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED]Am I missing wheels in the 16tb system? (System updated on 10/22/17)

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:57 am

Try using the categories view and looking in the computers sub section. I will check when I get home but it should be there if looked at that way. I am working on updated main menu xmls but it is taking a while as some of the systems were deliberately taken off for several reasons. Atari ST though should be there.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 302
Hi Scores : 21

http://hyperarcades.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darragh on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:12 am

Thanks for the help!
Darragh

Back to top Go down

Post by Darragh on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:28 pm

After looking through the wheels, I still cannot find the ST wheel. It seems that the 16tb system is missing a few that are listed on the website.
Darragh

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:01 pm

I will ask about this. Are you using the category or default view for the main menu?

I can tell you how to add it if you let me know which menu version you are using.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:07 pm

Also while I am at it I will let you know that a while back Chris removed some systems from the xmls because they were having issues with them, the controls could not be reworked to be used easily by the system, or they were ancient computers. This system may have fallen into the ancient computers section but I am not sure. Everything you need to run this should still be there so I am sure we cna get it working. You will need a mouse and keyboard for that system.

As I said earlier, I am working my way through a complete view of the xmls that chris has in the Main Menu folder for databases (there are many in there). I am trying to remove duplicates or useless items. When I get this more complete I am going to run it by Chris to be added to the drive or at least looked at. In the mean time, we can get it working on your system.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Darragh on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:54 pm

Thanks again for the help. I'm new to the Hyperspin program, but I pretty sure that I'm in default view for the main menu (I'm not sure how to change it). If you are swamped, I'm sure I can find a guide to get it working. I just wanted to check to make sure I was not running into an update error before I start to play around with things.

Darragh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:27 pm

I think it is under "user options" folder swap between "nested view" or something to that effect. You just run it once to change it back and forth. Also it is under James's "Utility Wheel" in hyperspin, you can selected between nested and non nested in there.

RIG: Stormtrooper Stryker, Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, Skylake i5 6600k OC to 4.7ghz w/ Noctua D14 fan, R9 290x GPU, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 1000w PSU, Samsung Evo 850 HD

Future arcade build (have most parts already) 4 player arcade with 2 aimtrack guns, 2 spinners, force feedback racing wheel and blissbox adapter with original controllers for the following systems: NES,SNES,Genesis(3 and 6 button controllers), N64, Dreamcast, Wii/WiiU, Xbox one. Might add PS2 controllers but I always hated those.
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 240
Hi Scores : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Darragh on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:32 am

Sahadd Prawser wrote:I think it is under "user options" folder swap between "nested view" or something to that effect. You just run it once to change it back and forth. Also it is under James's "Utility Wheel" in hyperspin, you can selected between nested and non nested in there.

In the Utility Wheel I see two deep and three deep options for the Wheels. When I try to activate them (I assume hitting start), nothing happens.

I'm not seeing any options labeled nested in either HQ or the Rocket Launcher Utility.

Am I doing something incorrectly? (and sorry if these are noob questions)

Darragh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:01 pm

Those should be the options you select yes. Are hyperspin and rocketlauncher both set to "run as administrator"?

RIG: Stormtrooper Stryker, Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, Skylake i5 6600k OC to 4.7ghz w/ Noctua D14 fan, R9 290x GPU, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 1000w PSU, Samsung Evo 850 HD

Future arcade build (have most parts already) 4 player arcade with 2 aimtrack guns, 2 spinners, force feedback racing wheel and blissbox adapter with original controllers for the following systems: NES,SNES,Genesis(3 and 6 button controllers), N64, Dreamcast, Wii/WiiU, Xbox one. Might add PS2 controllers but I always hated those.
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 240
Hi Scores : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:42 pm

You have to set it one way or the other in utility, then relaunch hyperspin.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top