[SOLVED] Error Message when running Syncovery on Roms

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED] Error Message when running Syncovery on Roms

Post by XrobotronX on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:40 am

I had no issues with the update. The co-pilot recognized that a older profile was running, I told it to use the new one. I think I am still good.  Very Happy  I updated the root, that didn't take long and was successful.

I don't have the StarFox 2 rom yet, so I went to update the system roms sync, and that didn't go so well. I don't even know what folder is the duplicate one. If I click continue, will it continue with the sync?

XrobotronX

Bonus Coins : 46
Hi Scores : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED] Error Message when running Syncovery on Roms

Post by XrobotronX on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:18 am

I am trying it over again. I just extracted to root and overwrote what was there the first try. This time I deleted it all before I extracted to root again. I am gonna do the root again, then the roms sync afterwards. I will let you know how it goes.

XrobotronX

Back to top Go down

Post by XrobotronX on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:29 am

Same result. Never seen this before. If I click continue, I can go ahead with the sync. I will just let it sit like it is until I hear from someone. Gonna go to sleep now.

XrobotronX

Back to top Go down

Post by Wakdikyat on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:21 am

It's an old problem that is popping back up. It has to do with the folders on the Unix side being cap sensitive. Only Chris and resolve this.

XrobotronX wrote:Same result. Never seen this before. If I click continue, I can go ahead with the sync. I will just let it sit like it is until I hear from someone. Gonna go to sleep now.
Wakdikyat

Bonus Coins : 91
Hi Scores : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:17 am

Just hit continue, it should still update if there is anything to update under "roms".

RIG: Stormtrooper Stryker, Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, Skylake i5 6600k OC to 4.7ghz w/ Noctua D14 fan, R9 290x GPU, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 1000w PSU, Samsung Evo 850 HD

Future arcade build (have most parts already) 4 player arcade with 2 aimtrack guns, 2 spinners, force feedback racing wheel and blissbox adapter with original controllers for the following systems: NES,SNES,Genesis(3 and 6 button controllers), N64, Dreamcast, Wii/WiiU, Xbox one. Might add PS2 controllers but I always hated those.
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 240
Hi Scores : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by XrobotronX on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:34 am

I went ahead with the roms sync anyways. I did not get the starfox 2 rom though. Did anyone else get it?
I also wanted to mention that I only have 62.3gb free on the D:/ and 197gb free on the N:/. Should that be the same as other 8tb × 2 "16tb" users? Or possibly I did something wrong? I used to have more on D:/. Gonna get some sleep, I will check back later.

XrobotronX

Back to top Go down

Post by showdownx on Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:49 am

XrobotronX wrote:I went ahead with the  roms sync anyways. I did not get the starfox 2 rom though. Did anyone else get it?
I also wanted to mention that I only have 62.3gb  free on the D:/ and 197gb free on the N:/. Should that be the same as other 8tb × 2 "16tb" users? Or possibly I did something wrong? I used to have more on D:/. Gonna get some sleep, I will check back later.

I got that same message. Did you ever get a resolution for that? I going to hit continue and see what happens afterward.
showdownx

Bonus Coins : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:47 am

It is a non issue, we will get it fixed but it affects literally nothing that will impact your experience on the drive and you can still fully update.

RIG: Stormtrooper Stryker, Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, Skylake i5 6600k OC to 4.7ghz w/ Noctua D14 fan, R9 290x GPU, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 1000w PSU, Samsung Evo 850 HD

Future arcade build (have most parts already) 4 player arcade with 2 aimtrack guns, 2 spinners, force feedback racing wheel and blissbox adapter with original controllers for the following systems: NES,SNES,Genesis(3 and 6 button controllers), N64, Dreamcast, Wii/WiiU, Xbox one. Might add PS2 controllers but I always hated those.
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by showdownx on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:50 am

OK cool! Sounds good! Thanks for you help!
showdownx

Back to top Go down

Post by XrobotronX on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:03 am

What about the StarFox2 rom. I remember Chris saying he added it. I could just download it and add it myself. Doesn't it have to be named differently for it to work with HS?

XrobotronX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:48 am

My computer is down right now so I don't know if that rom actually was uploaded to the server yet or not. Can anyone else verify? When Chris says "added" he often means these are things he is working on building on his setup to then test before uploading to the servers for syncovery. It doesn't necessarily mean it is available unless he also says "update live" or "available from syncovery" something to that effect. He is working on a lot at once so the rom may not yet be available for download.

Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by showdownx on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:29 am

Star Fox 2 for the Super NES?
showdownx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:00 pm

Yes I don't remember the exact post he mentioned it but I can't verify that it is actually on the drive with syncovery right now. Can anyone else who has updated weigh in on that?

Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: