[SOLVED] Controls still messed up FULL UPDATE 10/21/17 (MOSTLY SOLVED - Wii is Ongoing Issue currrently being fixed)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED] Controls still messed up FULL UPDATE 10/21/17 (MOSTLY SOLVED - Wii is Ongoing Issue currrently being fixed)

Post by Jeremy Barnes on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:27 pm

Just did a little testing:

Mame 4 player, can't press buttons on player 3 and 4, except to add coins/start
Wii - Only button that works is Right Trigger
SNK Favorites - Only select, start, d-pad, analog work
Gamecube - No buttons work (player 1 and 2)

These are just the issues I've seen.  

I'm on a 16TB drive with 2 8TB drives (if that helps).  Thanks!
Jeremy Barnes

Bonus Coins : 31
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED] Controls still messed up FULL UPDATE 10/21/17 (MOSTLY SOLVED - Wii is Ongoing Issue currrently being fixed)

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:25 am

This has been escalated to Chris. He was looking at Wii last night and is now aware of the other issues.

RIG: Stormtrooper Stryker, Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, Skylake i5 6600k OC to 4.7ghz w/ Noctua D14 fan, R9 290x GPU, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 1000w PSU, Samsung Evo 850 HD

Future arcade build (have most parts already) 4 player arcade with 2 aimtrack guns, 2 spinners, force feedback racing wheel and blissbox adapter with original controllers for the following systems: NES,SNES,Genesis(3 and 6 button controllers), N64, Dreamcast, Wii/WiiU, Xbox one. Might add PS2 controllers but I always hated those.
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 240
Hi Scores : 11

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED] Controls still messed up FULL UPDATE 10/21/17 (MOSTLY SOLVED - Wii is Ongoing Issue currrently being fixed)

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:32 am

The Wii controls are tested and working, that appears to be a problem with your particular setup. Try deleting your entire "Dolphin" emulator folder and resyncing. Maybe something weird with just your config. It isn't very large so sync will be quick. After you re-sync go back to the dolphin folder. You will find there are 3 versions of Dolphin emulator. Make sure each one is set to "run as admin" on the .exe. Then repost here with an update. Dolphin is used for Gamecube and Wii so this may fix both of those issues.

RIG: Stormtrooper Stryker, Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, Skylake i5 6600k OC to 4.7ghz w/ Noctua D14 fan, R9 290x GPU, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 1000w PSU, Samsung Evo 850 HD

Future arcade build (have most parts already) 4 player arcade with 2 aimtrack guns, 2 spinners, force feedback racing wheel and blissbox adapter with original controllers for the following systems: NES,SNES,Genesis(3 and 6 button controllers), N64, Dreamcast, Wii/WiiU, Xbox one. Might add PS2 controllers but I always hated those.
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Barnes on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:42 pm

Sahadd Prawser wrote:The Wii controls are tested and working, that appears to be a problem with your particular setup. Try deleting your entire "Dolphin" emulator folder and resyncing. Maybe something weird with just your config. It isn't very large so sync will be quick. After you re-sync go back to the dolphin folder. You will find there are 3 versions of Dolphin emulator. Make sure each one is set to "run as admin" on the .exe. Then repost here with an update. Dolphin is used for Gamecube and Wii so this may fix both of those issues.

Went through all your suggestions, and still no go.  In fact, now (not sure if it was the resync or not) I get the Fradualant Activity Detected.  

Jeremy Barnes

Bonus Coins : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:02 pm

Well that is really crazy, I need to ask about that Fraudulent Activity thing. Still no idea about what that is.

But the controls issue is being looked at. Chris has a post on Facebook specifically about the Wii so look for a solution soon.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 302
Hi Scores : 21

http://hyperarcades.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:11 pm

I have escalated the fraudulent issue.

Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:21 am

This appears to be partially solved.

Wii is an ongoing issue that Chris is working on but will be a while.

Mame/SNK were fixed. Other issues user mentioned above appear to be just user-specific.

Jeremy Barnes - Try running update again today, Chris fixed MOST of the controls.

It's great to hear that you have both sides of your brain, the left side and the right side, just like normal people.
But I see the problem is that there is nothing right in your left brain and there is nothing left in your right side.

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 916
Hi Scores : 7

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:26 am

Jeremy Barnes wrote:Just did a little testing:

Mame 4 player, can't press buttons on player 3 and 4, except to add coins/start
Wii - Only button that works is Right Trigger
SNK Favorites - Only select, start, d-pad, analog work
Gamecube - No buttons work (player 1 and 2)

These are just the issues I've seen.  

I'm on a 16TB drive with 2 8TB drives (if that helps).  Thanks!

If you still have controls issues after re-syncing let us know. It does appear that these issues have to do you with your specific setup largely. After sync:

Make sure each .exe for these emulators is set to "run as administrator" then test. A reboot would be a good idea before testing.

If you still have issues after that let us know.

Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:28 am

From where on out; pleas help us by compiling a list of all games that use the nunchuck controls sideways. ANYONE with ipac controls; please launch each game starting from Z and working backward to catch up to chris starting on A.

Launch rom, see if up is up; then go to next one. BUT if Up is either Left (or somehow right); please post that game name here.

Post romname , and then if up equals left or right

It's great to hear that you have both sides of your brain, the left side and the right side, just like normal people.
But I see the problem is that there is nothing right in your left brain and there is nothing left in your right side.

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:49 am

Note: this page lists 66 games but is not a complete list. If someone wants to make this page of 66 games into a text list, that'd also help us!

https://www.giantbomb.com/sideways-wii-remote-gameplay/3015-6361/games/

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shanon on Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:33 am

James M wrote:Note:  this page lists 66 games but is not a complete list.  If someone wants to make this page of 66 games into a text list, that'd also help us!

https://www.giantbomb.com/sideways-wii-remote-gameplay/3015-6361/games/

Here you go!:  Laughing

1. Twisted Fusion
2. Tumblestone
3. Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus
4. FAST Racing Neo
5. Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
6. Ninja Pizza Girl
7. Runbow
8. Yoshi's Woolly World
9. Aperion Cyberstorm
10. Inside My Radio
11. Affordable Space Adventures
12. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
13. Elliot Quest
14. Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones
15. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS
16. XType Plus.
17. Shovel Knight
18. Mario Kart 8
19. NES Remix Pack
20. NES Remix 2
21. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
22. NES Remix
23. Super Mario 3D World
24. Ice Cream Surfer
25. Cloudberry Kingdom
26. New Super Luigi U
27. Kung Fu Rabbit
28. Nintendo Land
29. New Super Mario Bros. U
30. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
31.    Retro City Rampage
32.    Kirby’s Dream Collection Special Edition
33.    Mutant Mudds
34.    lilt line
35.    Tron Evolution: Battle Grids
36.    Donkey Kong Country Returns
37.    Namco Museum Megamix
38.    Thruspace
39.    NBA Jam
40.    Metroid: Other M
41.    Line Attack Heroes
42.    Art Style: light trax
43.    Mega Man 10
44.    Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars
45.    Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth
46.    New Super Mario Bros. Wii
47.    Excitebike World Rally
48.    Need for Speed Nitro
49.    Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!
50.    Tank! Tank! Tank!
51.    Punch-Out!!
52.    Excitebots: Trick Racing
53.    And Yet It Moves
54.    Bomberman Blast
55.    Mega Man 9
56.    Castle of Shikigami III
57.    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
58.    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
59.    Super Paper Mario
60.    Sonic and the Secret Rings
61.    Excite Truck
62.    Resident Evil
63.    Super Mario All-Stars
64.    Kirby's Adventure.
65.    F-Zero
66.    Balloon Fight

Shanon

Bonus Coins : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Shanon on Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:30 am

Here's the same list sorted alphabetically if that helps any:

1. Affordable Space Adventures
2.    And Yet It Moves
3. Aperion Cyberstorm
4.    Art Style: light trax
5.    Balloon Fight
6.    Bomberman Blast
7.    Castle of Shikigami III
8.    Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth
9. Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus
10. Cloudberry Kingdom
11.    Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!
12.    Donkey Kong Country Returns
13. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
14. Elliot Quest
15.    Excite Truck
16.    Excitebike World Rally
17.    Excitebots: Trick Racing
18. FAST Racing Neo
19.    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
20.    F-Zero
21. Ice Cream Surfer
22. Inside My Radio
23. Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
24.    Kirby’s Dream Collection Special Edition
25.    Kirby's Adventure.
26. Kung Fu Rabbit
27.    lilt line
28.    Line Attack Heroes
29. Mario Kart 8
30. Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
31.    Mega Man 10
32.    Mega Man 9
33.    Metroid: Other M
34.    Mutant Mudds
35.    Namco Museum Megamix
36.    NBA Jam
37.    Need for Speed Nitro
38. NES Remix
39. NES Remix 2
40. NES Remix Pack
41. New Super Luigi U
42. New Super Mario Bros. U
43.    New Super Mario Bros. Wii
44. Ninja Pizza Girl
45. Nintendo Land
46.    Punch-Out!!
47.    Resident Evil
48.    Retro City Rampage
49. Runbow
50. Shovel Knight
51. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
52.    Sonic and the Secret Rings
53. Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones
54. Super Mario 3D World
55.    Super Mario All-Stars
56.    Super Paper Mario
57.    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
58. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS
59.    Tank! Tank! Tank!
60.    Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars
61.    Thruspace
62.    Tron Evolution: Battle Grids
63. Tumblestone
64. Twisted Fusion
65. XType Plus.
66. Yoshi's Woolly World

Shanon

Bonus Coins : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:49 am

That is great, thanks!

Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum