[SOLVED] Can't update. (solved with latest FB post on 10/21)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED] Can't update. (solved with latest FB post on 10/21)

Post by CrAaAaZyLeGs on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:07 am

Need some help severely.  I bought this specific system because I thought it would be easy but it is all going way over my head. If someone could just log in to my team viewer it would only take an experienced person a second compared to my eternity of trying to get this working.

CrAaAaZyLeGs

Bonus Coins : 8
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED] Can't update. (solved with latest FB post on 10/21)

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:15 pm

Please read the facebook group and forums before requesting this kind of assistance. We have put a lot of time into making this process easier with automation and simple instructions on the forums as well as recent (within the last week or so) facebook posts.

RIG: Stormtrooper Stryker, Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, Skylake i5 6600k OC to 4.7ghz w/ Noctua D14 fan, R9 290x GPU, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 1000w PSU, Samsung Evo 850 HD

Future arcade build (have most parts already) 4 player arcade with 2 aimtrack guns, 2 spinners, force feedback racing wheel and blissbox adapter with original controllers for the following systems: NES,SNES,Genesis(3 and 6 button controllers), N64, Dreamcast, Wii/WiiU, Xbox one. Might add PS2 controllers but I always hated those.
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 240
Hi Scores : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAaAaZyLeGs on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:16 pm

I have read. I did follow the instructions.

CrAaAaZyLeGs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:19 pm

Please give us full details on the steps you have taken and what errors you are getting. Hard to help without knowing what the problem really is.

RIG: Stormtrooper Stryker, Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, Skylake i5 6600k OC to 4.7ghz w/ Noctua D14 fan, R9 290x GPU, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 1000w PSU, Samsung Evo 850 HD

Future arcade build (have most parts already) 4 player arcade with 2 aimtrack guns, 2 spinners, force feedback racing wheel and blissbox adapter with original controllers for the following systems: NES,SNES,Genesis(3 and 6 button controllers), N64, Dreamcast, Wii/WiiU, Xbox one. Might add PS2 controllers but I always hated those.
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAaAaZyLeGs on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:29 pm

I downloaded the new 7z folder. Extracted the contents of the arcade folder into arcade and the rest to the root of D. There is nothing to click on to update in the update folder.

CrAaAaZyLeGs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:40 pm

Did you read the comments on the facebook group below Chris's post? James posted more instructions / files. See Chris's post on Oct 21 and read the comments below for the file.

2nd try is the charm?!?! This is the Updated file:
Found out that the 8tb ALT users fix wasnt working, as the code didnt match the file name.
This one is now confirmed working. Sorry for the mess.
So if anybody needs the 8tb Alt user profile. Replace this file with the one located here.
D:\_ Video Lessons and Tutorials\MiscInstallFiles\Setup exes\

https://drive.google.com/.../0B.../view
1. Syncovery-Update Installer.exe
DRIVE.GOOGLE.COM

Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAaAaZyLeGs on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:42 pm

Got a 404 error from that link.

CrAaAaZyLeGs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:44 pm

Let me clarify, you have to go to the facebook group and read the comments there, that is where the link is.

Sahadd Prawser wrote:Did you read the comments on the facebook group below Chris's post? James posted more instructions / files. See Chris's post on Oct 21 and read the comments below for the file.

2nd try is the charm?!?! This is the Updated file:
Found out that the 8tb ALT users fix wasnt working, as the code didnt match the file name.
This one is now confirmed working. Sorry for the mess.
So if anybody needs the 8tb Alt user profile. Replace this file with the one located here.
D:\_ Video Lessons and Tutorials\MiscInstallFiles\Setup exes\

https://drive.google.com/.../0B.../view
1. Syncovery-Update Installer.exe
DRIVE.GOOGLE.COM

Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAaAaZyLeGs on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:51 pm

Ok I got it from going to this Facebook page. Now what? The setup and update videos are only audio. Is that right?

CrAaAaZyLeGs

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAaAaZyLeGs on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:57 pm

I Do NOT have the files Chris mentions in these videos. Within video lessons and tutorials I have 1. Setup video 2. Update video and miscinstallfiles.

CrAaAaZyLeGs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:05 pm

Do you have a program that references syncovery? Syncovery copilot or updater?

My computer has a dead psu right now so I can't login to look at the folder stucture and location myself, sorry. I'm on a work laptop that has security locking it down.

Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAaAaZyLeGs on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:08 pm

I have the old syncovery folder

CrAaAaZyLeGs

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:03 pm

Crazylegs,

Go to this post and if you have the alternate 8 or alternate 16tb profile; do the whole post. If 2tb or 5tb; or single-drive 8tb or 16tb versions, do ONLY the instructions on link at bottom.

hyperarcades.forumotion.com/t238-note-for-syncovery-update-process-for-8tb-and-16tb-alternate-users-people-that-don-t-use-single-drives#1315

Make sure you delete the folders in the FB post before you extract the 7zip file you download.

It's great to hear that you have both sides of your brain, the left side and the right side, just like normal people.
But I see the problem is that there is nothing right in your left brain and there is nothing left in your right side.

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 916
Hi Scores : 7

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Strato Vox on Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:20 pm

Ok, I haven't updated since all this began (was waiting for things to get straightened out which I'm glad I did because looks like a bunch of bumps in the road. I'm trying to update, I unpacked the folder 7zip one that Chris posted...I unpacked it in root. From there I wasn't sure exactly where to go. I poked around, found the new syncovery assitant, however, didn't work, i looked to these posts and noticed about the page with the Facebook post for the Alt8tb users (I have a regular 8tb drive)...but downloaded that, and the installer got me a little further, to the point where it is asking me to put an ini file into the syncovery sticks on now testing to see if you received the file, and then I hit ok, and it tells me I may need to manually put the file in the Syncovery Directory. I'm not sure exactly where it wants me to put it, and moreover what file I'm supposed to be putting there. I'm sorry for my confusion on this. Any help would of course be appreciated.
Strato Vox

Bonus Coins : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top