[SOLVED] Keyboard assignments for Hyperspin (controls explained)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED] Keyboard assignments for Hyperspin (controls explained)

Post by Arcadejunkie on Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:45 pm

Can anybody point me to or share with me what the keyboard commands are for P1 and p2 joystick and buttons etc?  Trying to configure in Joytokey and don’t know what they are

Arcadejunkie

Bonus Coins : 6
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED] Keyboard assignments for Hyperspin (controls explained)

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:43 am

You should not need to configure anything in joy to key. If you still need them though, Chris recently posted them to Facebook. I cannot currently access Facebook so I cannot provide you the link unfortunately.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 302
Hi Scores : 21

http://hyperarcades.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:39 pm

ArcadeJunkie

The drive has a hybrid control system, there are two basic types of controls: joystick/controller controls (Xbox360, tankstick, etc); or encoder based controls (devices that plug in and emulate keyboard presses, like ipac, xinmo, usually for arcade cabinets).

You can't really play the games with just keyboard; you can try, but the key presses are kind of random so that it can fit 8 buttons for P1 & 2, 4 buttons for P3 and P4, coin and start buttons for each, and then 4 buttons for each of the 4 joystick directions. Add that up, and it's 48+ buttons. So, you'd be hitting keys all over the keyboard.

If you run the Initial Install setup, at one point it will get you to the controls section and ask you which you have.

Click that one button (controller type, or encoder type) and it will set everything up for the 300+ systems. You do NOT want to start editing controls manually, this will break associations for different emulators and stuff will stop working. If you do decide on manual setup, we can't provide any support (but, you can save custom settings using the SettingsSaver program on the drive, and back up before each update). I'd highly recommend against it.

It's great to hear that you have both sides of your brain, the left side and the right side, just like normal people.
But I see the problem is that there is nothing right in your left brain and there is nothing left in your right side.

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 916
Hi Scores : 7

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:35 pm

Tankstick is a keyboard encoder and xin mo is a joystick/controller. Just to clarify.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 302
Hi Scores : 21

http://hyperarcades.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum