What is best way to synch your backup drive?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is best way to synch your backup drive?

Post by Michael Dale on Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:07 pm

Okay, maybe this is stupid question but what is best way to synch your backup drive. I am having trouble getting my backup drive to connect to syncorcy and I don't want to piss off your installation system as I don't understand it. I have no problem on my main drive. In fact it is working great now, hence why I want to back it up now. I like to avoid doing a complete format of my backup and copy over if I can as that is a pain. Plus, I want to know how to keep my backup in synch for future updates.

Now maybe I did something wrong. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to screw up any of my drives.
Michael Dale

Bonus Coins : 87
Hi Scores : 6

Back to top Go down

Re: What is best way to synch your backup drive?

Post by Wakdikyat on Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:20 am

Why not sync backup drive with your main drive so you can avoid having to redownload the files and using up bandwidth?
Use programs like unstoppable copy or synctoy.

Michael Dale wrote:Okay, maybe this is stupid question but what is best way to synch your backup drive. I am having trouble getting my backup drive to connect to syncorcy and I don't want to piss off your installation system as I don't understand it. I have no problem on my main drive. In fact it is working great now, hence why I want to back it up now. I like to avoid doing a complete format of my backup and copy over if I can as that is a pain. Plus, I want to know how to keep my backup in synch for future updates.

Now maybe I did something wrong. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to screw up any of my drives.
Wakdikyat

Bonus Coins : 91
Hi Scores : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Dale on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:29 am

I tried synctoy. It isn't working for me. It seems to freeze 75% through when just comparing. I downloaded free filesynch and am trying to see if that works. There is a thing called robocopy I guess for command prompt but I rather have a graphical interface. I still do some things within the command prompt but it is usually for trouble shooting. I don't like copying files that way. It makes me a little nervous. It shouldn't. But I don't want to mistype a command and screw up my hard drive. It is easier for me to see what is going on in a program.
Michael Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Wakdikyat on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:14 pm

Try unstoppable copier.
http://www.roadkil.net/program.php?ProgramID=29

Michael Dale wrote:I tried synctoy. It isn't working for me. It seems to freeze 75% through when just comparing. I downloaded free filesynch and am trying to see if that works. There is a thing called robocopy I guess for command prompt but I rather have a graphical interface. I still do some things within the command prompt but it is usually for trouble shooting. I don't like copying files that way. It makes me a little nervous. It shouldn't. But I don't want to mistype a command and screw up my hard drive. It is easier for me to see what is going on in a program.
Wakdikyat

Bonus Coins : 91
Hi Scores : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Dale on Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:59 pm

freefile synch got the job done for me. I tried synchjoy first but it froze during comparing the drives. This one worked and very fast but my drives were close to being synched because recently I copied them them the long way (copy and paste) which I never want to have to do again. I suggest everyone keeps a backup. I know it sucks to pay a little extra to back it up but if you are going to be updating it is good to have something close to what you want, just in case you need to go back to previous settings.
Michael Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top