[SOLVED] New Security Features (new process fixed as of 11/1)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED] New Security Features (new process fixed as of 11/1)

Post by Jonathan Lee on Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:17 am

While I respect all the new security features this is my story where it failed:

Today I installed a new motherboard in my Arcade PC.  It changed the drive letter and Norton Antivirus went ballistic.  I deleted all kinds of files and when I tried to restore them it did not put them back where they were supposed to be.  When I went into the drive to try an put it back and run the initial install I couldn't because I needed a password.  The password on the facebook group under the pinned post in the facebook group is wrong.  Now I have a drive that is missing who knows what files, I had to send an email to Chris (since he was the one who remotely set up my drive) and ask for help.  A simple problems like changing the drive letter or running the initial install myself, I can't do on my own anymore through the initial drive setup because it is password protected with a password that is not up to date.  I had to message Chris earlier in the week because my drive said that it was moved from one CPU to another and it has been in the same place since I brought it.  Chris was nice enough to help me fix the problem since I caught him online.  Now I have to ask him to fix it when he has time to.

The moral of all of this is I respect security and trying to stop people from stealing proprietary information.  Chis and his team work hard to produce a great product, which I commend.  Some of you aren't getting paid to do what you do.  But please fix some of this security stuff at least to where if anyone had to run the initial install they could okr at the very least keep the passwords current or a place where the password is accessible.

Thanks
Jonathan Lee

Bonus Coins : 73
Hi Scores : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED] New Security Features (new process fixed as of 11/1)

Post by James M on Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:01 pm

That is by design, we cannot have passwords floating about freely. We are fighting very hard to prevent abuse; but, keep in mind, Chris pays over $4000 in bandwidth EACH YEAR and does not charge anyone... he offsets the costs by adding new users.

When people start ripping off his drive, he loses business TWOFOLD. One, he doesn't make the small amount he makes on the drive sale; but two, they steal his bandwidth and slow it down for all the other users.

Cannot budge on this. We WANT it to be difficult because without it, the model falls apart and it'll become a pay-to-play update process.

We're trying as best we can to keep it free... we can only do this if the group is helping us. Keep an eye out for resellers with our drive (if you see someone selling a drive with a Utility wheel, or some of the other custom stuff we added; alert Chris!). We really need everyone to help.

Yes, it is a little bit harder, and there's some growing pains with the whole new process. Keep in mind NONE of us get paid for updates or support, including Chris. We are all other users just like you, trying to share and help where we can. The update process is at most a once a month thing; and should be even less frequent. So, a little bit of a hassle shouldn't deter anyone from enjoying free updates if it's for the greater good.

It's great to hear that you have both sides of your brain, the left side and the right side, just like normal people.
But I see the problem is that there is nothing right in your left brain and there is nothing left in your right side.

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 916
Hi Scores : 7

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Lee on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:15 am

Trust me I got it. We spoke on facebook after I posted this.
Jonathan Lee

Bonus Coins : 73
Hi Scores : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:32 am

Oh didn’t realize that was you; lol thought it was coincidence two people said it same day hahah

It's great to hear that you have both sides of your brain, the left side and the right side, just like normal people.
But I see the problem is that there is nothing right in your left brain and there is nothing left in your right side.

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 916
Hi Scores : 7

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top