[SOLVED] PAUSE for multi disc games and load screens (fix for loadscreens and tempfix for pause while investigating drive for Pause option for future)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED] PAUSE for multi disc games and load screens (fix for loadscreens and tempfix for pause while investigating drive for Pause option for future)

Post by Benjamin Booth on Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:43 pm

One improvement I think would be beneficial is if all systems were configured with load screens, so that when a game is selected there is some feedback. Right now I only see load screens for Playstation games. Loading emulators from slow 8TB drives can take awhile, even for NES games, so I think universally setting load screens would be an improvement.

Another related question, I've read that the PAUSE in-game menu can be used to load multi-disc games. Is there any way we can get PAUSE set up so that it can be used to insert new discs for multi-disc games such as FFVII? Thanks!
Benjamin Booth

Bonus Coins : 15
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED] PAUSE for multi disc games and load screens (fix for loadscreens and tempfix for pause while investigating drive for Pause option for future)

Post by Michael Dale on Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:58 pm

For some reason fade screen is turned off with update. You just need to turn it on in rocketlauncher and you get loading screens.
Michael Dale

Bonus Coins : 80
Hi Scores : 6

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED] PAUSE for multi disc games and load screens (fix for loadscreens and tempfix for pause while investigating drive for Pause option for future)

Post by James M on Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:43 am

You can enable both.  I believe the fade screen was accidentally turned off, but you can turn it on easily.

Goto RocketLauncher (RocketLauncherUI) and click on GLOBAL on the left, then SETTINGS for the Icon at the top/middle, then FADE-GENERAL for section and then FADE IN and click ENABLE.

You can also enable PAUSE menu, but, this is NOT supported on the drive because it has not been set up for all emulators yet.  It won't break or hurt anything; but, it might cause a game to crash, not work, etc.   Feel free to enable it in a similar way; and, if you find the pause does NOT work for a certain system, please post it here.

It takes us a LONG time to go through system by system testing, that's why it's not implemented yet.  However, if our users can help us by testing wheel by wheel and posting all the results here; that'd make it a quick and easy fix for us to enable it.

Here's a cheat sheet on how to enable both:

https://i.imgur.com/nQE5WOu.png

It's great to hear that you have both sides of your brain, the left side and the right side, just like normal people.
But I see the problem is that there is nothing right in your left brain and there is nothing left in your right side.

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 916
Hi Scores : 7

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum