[SOLVED] nintendo wii controls. updated 9/11 (issue worked on by Chris; all controls currently being revised)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED] nintendo wii controls. updated 9/11 (issue worked on by Chris; all controls currently being revised)

Post by Paul Holeva on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:28 pm

So ran the new update all went smooth Very Happy

Can see all my dolphin folders it added..

Started up hyperspin started wii . new super mario bros..

running xbox 360 controller. only the d pad works and its like its running upside down..

so closed hyperspin .. just went into the normal x64 dolphin folder opened it and the controls are correct for xbox 360... pressed all the buttons they work as they should.. so i thought id try launch the game direct from there and bypass hyperspin.... controlls still sideways/backwards even though in the dolphin settings they are responive and correct...

I went as far as zipping up all the dolphin folders except the x64 cuz i thought it might be grabbing configs from some where else on the sly..
and still no luck.. no matter what controls in change in the dolphin emulator once in game they are still the sideways backwards way...

so im stumped any ideas.
Paul Holeva

Bonus Coins : 58
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED] nintendo wii controls. updated 9/11 (issue worked on by Chris; all controls currently being revised)

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:31 am

Sounds like a joy2key issue. Try closing that and retrying the dolphin emulator on it's own without joy2key running. Just for testing.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 302
Hi Scores : 21

http://hyperarcades.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED] nintendo wii controls. updated 9/11 (issue worked on by Chris; all controls currently being revised)

Post by Michael Dale on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:11 am

Are you running with xbox or ipac because I don't know but even after update I had to click on the script for changing to xbox controls for it to work right. It was trying to work with ipac and it didn't. Make sure dolphin is reading the correct input. If you areusing xbox makes sure it is reading that and not using keyboard.
Michael Dale

Bonus Coins : 80
Hi Scores : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:05 am

Chris is currently working on the controls for everything, and he keeps revising and updating. We will not do help requests until this is all finished, because it is literally changing as we speak. There may be certain games or even certain systems (like openbor) that won’t work until this is fixed. It is a known issue, and, if it was working before you may not always want to update immediately.

There are sometimes things come out after the initial update and revised Etc., myself I have not updated for over a month because I know this is a changing system. You do not always have to immediately update, especially if all of your favorite systems are already working. You can wait a month and then update after everyone’s confirmed it is all working.

Chris is trying to unify all different controls under one system, a near impossible task... if all your stuff is working and he posts a control update that fixes something for another control scheme; you do not have to update right away. In fact, you shouldn’t... wait a few weeks and let all the issues and bugs get reported and fixed.

It's great to hear that you have both sides of your brain, the left side and the right side, just like normal people.
But I see the problem is that there is nothing right in your left brain and there is nothing left in your right side.

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 916
Hi Scores : 7

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top