[SOLVED] Updating Instructions Needed Please (posted instructions, but only works when servers not down)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED] Updating Instructions Needed Please (posted instructions, but only works when servers not down)

Post by Dennis on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:18 am

Ok, its been a few months and im ready to update my 8TB drive. What are the instructions to do so? I have seen so many update threads on Facebook but getting a little confused.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank You,
Dennis
Dennis

Bonus Coins : 18
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED] Updating Instructions Needed Please (posted instructions, but only works when servers not down)

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:37 am

I cannot access Facebook from work but there is a post on there that Chris recently posted a file called "Special Updating Tool".  Follow that post to the T and then read the pinned post for further details but to summarize:

Download the Special Updating Tool.  
Sync root.  
Run the Syncovery update program found in the folder name _2. Syncovery Update Folder.
Input the password found on the pinned Facebook post.
Follow the prompts and answer as needed.
Sync with Syncovery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFA6p2C65IQ

Very simple now honestly.  And once you get past this one time deal it will be a matter of running that program from the _2. Syncovery Update Folder and entering the password.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 302
Hi Scores : 21

http://hyperarcades.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED] Updating Instructions Needed Please (posted instructions, but only works when servers not down)

Post by Dennis on Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:50 pm

i followed the steps, downloaded, extracted to root and im running the syncovery update and i get the message below:

Dennis

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:06 am

Due to the way the update is zipped sometimes people will extract it to root like instructed and be left with an additional folder called 'Install and Syncovery update. Extract to root'. Can you verify that your root looks like the following:

If not please move the contents of 'Install and Syncovery update. Extract to root' to the root of D:/ so that it mirrors what I posted.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:20 am

Nevermind just ran the new special tool and it is much easier. Give me a couple of hours and I will put together a specific tutorial.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:58 am

Admin wrote:Nevermind just ran the new special tool and it is much easier.  Give me a couple of hours and I will put together a specific tutorial.

Ok, i will wait for your instructions.
Dennis

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:12 am

Also, SERVERS ARE CURRENTLY DOWN

When Chris posts that servers are down; the update process will NOT work; do not even attempt it or it could cause an issue.

When he posts on Facebook SERVERS BACK UP there will probably be a new update password. You’ll need that and then follow instructions above.

Also please read forum before posting for help requests... there are literally three threads in Tutorials and New Update process explaining all this... having to re-post this info each time someone doesn’t see it is time consuming and slows our work. Please read all support threads for other info.

It's great to hear that you have both sides of your brain, the left side and the right side, just like normal people.
But I see the problem is that there is nothing right in your left brain and there is nothing left in your right side.

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 916
Hi Scores : 7

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum