Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update Instructions - New process Follow this guide if you have not been able to update your drive since the new process came out.

3 posters

Go down

Update Instructions - New process  Follow this guide if you have not been able to update your drive since the new process came out. Empty Update Instructions - New process Follow this guide if you have not been able to update your drive since the new process came out.

Post by Admin Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:38 am

The following is as concise a list of instructions as I could come up with on how to update your drive.  This should be used in place of any old method.  It is meant to get your drive, no matter how long it has been since your last sync, setup for the new process.  It is broken down into two sections.  A one time update that needs to be performed to setup the drive and an ongoing process to keep your drive updated.

ONE TIME UPDATE

Delete the folder _2. Syncovery Update Folder
Download the 'Special Updating Tool' by following this link: ***Special Updating Tool***
Unzip that file to anywhere on your C:/ drive.  DO NOT UNZIP IT TO YOUR D:/ DRIVE!

Once it is unzipped you should see 2 items in the folder you just made: A Syncovery folder and A 'Run First.reg' file.
Update Instructions - New process  Follow this guide if you have not been able to update your drive since the new process came out. Vp86ZoV
Run the 'Run First.reg' file

Then open the Syncovery Folder and run the 'Syncovery.exe' as seen in the red box below:
Update Instructions - New process  Follow this guide if you have not been able to update your drive since the new process came out. LY2F7aW

MAKE SURE THE SERVER IS UP BY CHECKING THE BANNER ABOVE BEFORE MOVING ON.  This will open Syncovery which is the program we use to update the drives.  Click the 'SPECIAL PROFILE FOR UPDATING' line item and then click the Play button (highlighted green)
Update Instructions - New process  Follow this guide if you have not been able to update your drive since the new process came out. 9kWCzlx

Allow this sync to delete and add anything and everything that it lists for your drive.  Once this finishes your drive will be setup for the new update process.  Step 1 Complete.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 373
Hi Scores : 27

https://hyperarcades.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Update Instructions - New process  Follow this guide if you have not been able to update your drive since the new process came out. Empty Re: Update Instructions - New process Follow this guide if you have not been able to update your drive since the new process came out.

Post by Admin Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:38 am

Step 2: Keeping your drive up to date.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Update Instructions - New process  Follow this guide if you have not been able to update your drive since the new process came out. Empty Re: Update Instructions - New process Follow this guide if you have not been able to update your drive since the new process came out.

Post by Admin Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:39 am

FAQ:

1.  "I got this error, what do I do?"
Update Instructions - New process  Follow this guide if you have not been able to update your drive since the new process came out. 4mIJ8Cl

DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD.  A sister thread has been created specifically to deal with this issue.  Please post there:
https://hyperarcades.forumotion.com/t305-the-syncoveryfile-download-had-an-error-please-re-run-this-process#1657

2.  "I am using a non-default setup on my drives, what can I do?"

DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD.  Another sister thread has been created specifically to deal with this issue.  Please post there:
https://hyperarcades.forumotion.com/t307-i-am-using-an-alt-drive-setup-and-cannot-get-the-new-syncovery-process-to-work#1678

Examples of non-default drive setup:
Anything that does not have D:/ as the main drive
8TB - Any non-8 TB drive and another drive (5 TB and 3 TB for example)
18TB - Any non-dual 8 TB drive setup (8 TB, 5 TB, 3 TB for example)

Last edited by Admin on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:50 pm; edited 3 times in total

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:45 pm

If you are getting the Syncovery ini error OR using a non-default drive letter please post in the threads mentioned above.  

Last edited by Admin on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Jay Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:20 pm

ok...i start syncovery...i have

Left hand path
4TB Playstation games sync
8tb Root Sync
System roms sync

thats the 4 options......

Anyone i attempt to start It asks for a syncovery password......The Wizshaw one.....so hows that possible? the log on information password
Jay Jay
Jay Jay

Bonus Coins : 24
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:43 pm

Im getting a Login Failed message when i try to run the play button for the "Special Profile for Updating". What should i do? It asks me for a username and password but the one that is there isint working.
Dennis
Dennis

Bonus Coins : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:22 pm

Did you use the new one Chris posted today?

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:47 pm

Admin wrote:Did you use the new one Chris posted today?

Ok, thanks!
Dennis
Dennis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:25 pm

After Step 1, do I need to run the _1. Setup Folder again? What is step 2?
Dennis
Dennis

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:28 pm

Step 2 is eventually going to be regular syncovery.  Just use what you have if it is running though.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down