The SyncoveryFile Download had an error. Please re-run this process...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:47 am

If you have this error please post below so that we can deal with each one individually to try to identify exactly what is causing this issue.  Use this format

1. Drive Size

2. Are you using the default setup? Yes or No?

3. Post a screenshot of your Root directory on your D:/ drive.  It should look like this:

PLEASE USE IMGUR.COM FOR ALL IMAGES

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 302
Hi Scores : 21

http://hyperarcades.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

8TB, Yes, [url=https://imgur.com/jiS0wlz][img]http://i.imgur.com/jiS0wlz.png[/img][/url]

Post by Terry Moreland on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:14 am

Here is a screen print of my drive. I am a new user. Have downloaded the drive, unzipped 7z files, run setup and received an error during syncovery saying that the ini file did not download try again. I tried a couple of times, finally went through, then I got a password error. I have been trying multiple things to get the drive up and running and have tried both the Old and new processes and am afraid I have ended up with the wrong .ini file. I have sent an email to Chris, but if anyone can help that would be great.
Terry Moreland

Bonus Coins : 1
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: The SyncoveryFile Download had an error. Please re-run this process...

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:56 pm

The drive does not have to be updated to work. If you built it correct it will work.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackst333 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:36 pm

I have a 16tb Drive bought from Chris, The issue is that when syncing it only sees a 8TB drive. Have worked with several people and say follow this and follow that. I let the process work and seems as the process is not working as it has been months since I have any results for a working system. I sat for three days with Teamviewer open an nobody every looked at this.

Issue is I get a sync errors, then will not go any further. I disable everything that says to be disabled and no luck.

Therefore what are my next steps. I ran the new zip file, I deleted the two folders as Chris mention and I keep getting errors.  

Let me know what my next steps are. You can Email at jackst333@outlook.com and I will see the results a lot faster than the forum Please.

And yest default setup, Xbox, Light gun.

Last edited by Jackst333 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Jackst333

Bonus Coins : 15
Hi Scores : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Your second drive is wrong.  Simple fix.  Create a folder on the second drive (N:/) called "8TB+ Drive" and move everything into that folder.  Should fix your wrong drive detection problem Jack.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackst333 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:45 pm

I have that setup just like that and still does not work. Any other Ideas?

Jackst333

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackst333 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:50 pm

What is supposed to be in the Syncovery 16TB Profile folder. There is an INI file there. Where do we get the new INI file if this is bad (Maybe) I made sure that all directories are there but no files inside of directories. They are empty.

Jackst333

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackst333 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:57 pm

When the process gors and a black screen (Dos) comes up and says :

"The SyncoveryFile Download has an error. Please rerun this process and if it happens again you may need to manually put the INI file in the Syncovery Directory."

Edited by mod: info about update files will confuse others. Last sentence removed.

Jackst333

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:22 pm

Jackst msg me on FB and I’ll send you a file to reset your profile. Takes two seconds

Sent from Topic'it App

It's great to hear that you have both sides of your brain, the left side and the right side, just like normal people.
But I see the problem is that there is nothing right in your left brain and there is nothing left in your right side.

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 916
Hi Scores : 7

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by mxstar1 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:34 am

SOLVED MYSELF: DELETED UN-NEEDED FOLDERS FROM ROOT, RAN AGAIN WITH CO PILOT PASSWORD. WORKED

1. 8TB

2. Default

3. https://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/19/80/87/44/screen10.png
mxstar1

Bonus Coins : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:15 pm

Glad to hear that mxstar1. I will try to ask people about that as a work around, deleting folders I mean.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Sanchez on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:18 pm

Hey everyone....i have the 8tb drive and never finished updating due to the shut down the other day...i wasn't sure if everything was up and running yet so I tried to go back in the update and was given an error message of my version of co-pilot is not compatible with my pc...i have windows 7 and was updating earlier in the week....im in no rush so I didn't know if copilot was live again or if we need new updating files that I may have missed recently...my fb name in case I need to be messaged is Michael Sanchez.....thanks everyone
Michael Sanchez

Bonus Coins : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:53 am

Michael, can you get a screenshot of that for me so I can pass it on to the guy that wrote the copilot? I do not think we have ever seen that.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Sanchez on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:20 am

this is the error i keep getting...doesnt matter whether i open syncovery or the co-pilot
this is for a single 8tb drive set as D:/

Last edited by Michael Sanchez on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Michael Sanchez

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Sanchez on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:22 am

like i said earlier, i was updating just fine before the forced shutdown so i dont know what might have gotten deleted and not replaced before we were kicked off
Michael Sanchez

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Sanchez on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:57 pm

Ok...so narrowed it down to this...i need the co pilot and or syncovery program reinstalled.....i know this because I recently had a ground.exe virus that renames all ico and exe files to start with the letter g...for example my hyperspin.exe was renamed to ghyperspin.exe....so I used malware to delete as many infected files as I can find...so earlier I tried 2 boot up my Android drive to make a new theme that I'm working on and hypertheme and hyperspin game me the same errors ...i also had deleted those files earlier that were previously infected...so I redownload hyperspin from the site and moved those files to the android drive and it booted up perfectly....both hypertheme and hyperspin exes were on my Android drive but would not boot up unless it was attached to the exes that were also renamed to start with a g.....so the only way I can get copilot and syncovery back is to reinstall it on the drive....i use fillzilla ftp in case it needs to be sent 2 me with instructions on how to reinstall it and my fb info is the same as here Michael Sanchez...thanks again everyone
Michael Sanchez

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:04 pm

You can redownload those files from Facebook if you need them. I am not familiar with that virus but that definitely sucks. Once you download the copilot from Facebook, just recopy it to root like you did before and it will delete everything that does not match the server and redownload everything that you need. Since it only does .exe and .ico files hopefully that isn't too much. You should not need to worry about the ftp if you still have the majority of the drive set up correctly.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravepants on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:01 pm

Hello,

Having The SyncoveryFile Download had an error. Please re-run this process issue. (have had for a while now)

1. Drive Size - 8TB (Default)

2. Are you using the default setup? Yes or No? - Yes

3. Post a screenshot of your Root directory on your D:/ drive. It should look like this: - Exactly the same as the stickied one.

It would seem the process nuked the syncovery file that i had previously, this worked in syncovery but the password was incorrect for the FTP. (i made another post about this)

When syncovery launches it creates a default empty file, and i managed to use the syncovery.ini.bak file to restore it to where it was before, but the password is still incorrect in that old file, so i need the new one to download i guess before i can update.
Ravepants

Bonus Coins : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Perfect, Raven. This is exactly what we need I think. If you do not mind, will you PM me your facebook name so that I can get you in touch with James to figure this out?

Also, what was the deal with the FTP because I mentioned the problem to Chris and he was confused about it. I could not remember the thread that was in.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaidek on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:24 pm

So my machine decided to reset during my Syncovery update. Sad Now when I run the process again, I am getting the "The SyncoveryFile Download had an error. Please re-run this process..."

1. Drive Size - 5TB (Default)
2. Are you using the default setup? Yes or No? - Yes

Windows 10, Firewall and Anti-Virus disabled.

It looks like it never downloads the .ini and I no longer have it in the Syncovery Monthly update tool, nor in the D:\Arcade\System roms\5TB Syncovery Profiles

Thanks,
Corey
Jaidek

Bonus Coins : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Try this new updater that James developed. Make sure to use the password on Facebook.

http://hyperarcades.forumotion.com/t315-solved-server-status-server-up-and-new-updater-exe-file-posted?nid=23#1817

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaidek on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:52 am

Unfortunately the new updater is doing the exact same thing. I even tried answering both yes and no to "Did you recently upgrade drives?". If I were to run the Special Updating Tool, could that fix my problem or cause more?
Jaidek

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:14 am

It definitely could not hurt anything. Yeah try to go through that process and see what happens. Man, we are hoping to have this sorted out soon.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaidek on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:20 am

Still no luck. I ran the Special Updating Tool and it copied over ~48mb of files, then proceeded to run Syncovery (both the original and the new one James created).

Is there anywhere I can get the 5tb Syncovery profile besides the ftp? I still haven't gotten a reply from Chris on the new password.
Jaidek

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:59 am

Yeah I can hook you up when I get home if I remember. Sorry if I do not but I am not the best about that haha.

The copilot in the _2. Syncovery Update Folder is how profiles are distributed now. All passwords are on the pinned post in the Facebook Group.

The email that you provided does not match any of the emails that we have for purchased drives. Can you give me the email you used to buy the drive so that I can verify which drive you have and add it to my database of users? I also need your Facebook name if possible. You can PM me those if that makes you feel better.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravepants on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:15 pm

Hello,

Quick update, (i dont seem to have the option to post images im afraid)

Anyhow, I downloaded the Users-with-Update-Issues-Syncovery-Update-Tool-v7-11.14.2017.7z and extracted it to the root as instructed by the text file.

I ran the new shortcut and it goes through the script, but in the end when syncovery launches it displays the behaviour that it has no .ini at all.

I tracked down the ini to the "D:\Arcade\System roms\Utility\Data\sut" folder where i've found it before, and when I open the .ini there doesnt appear to be the correct information inside that relates to the drives:

[Main]
ProfileOverviewWidths=60 180 30 130 180 130
LastStartup=43054.75097
EmailSenderName=Syncovery
EmailSMTPPort=25
EmailSMTPAuth=N
EmailSASL=N
EmailSSLv7=16
EmailImplicitTLS=N
LogFolder=C:\ProgramData\Syncovery\Logs
DatabasePath=C:\ProgramData\Syncovery\Database
Last32BitUninstallChecked=43054.7501352315
SchedulerIdleStartup=0
DetectInternet=N
DetectInternetEvenManually=N
DetectInternetInterval=10
Logging=3
KeepMaxLogs=50
LogRealtimeStatusMinutes=-1
LogRealtimeStatusLevel=0
EmailOptions=4026548226
ShutdownWaitSecs=300
GlobalSettings=0
RealtimeKeepAliveSeconds=-1
MaxThreadsPerProcess=20
SeparateProcesses=12
MultiComProgressInterval=1
BufSize=1024
iSplitAfterEntries=1000000
NeverSplitJobs=0
UseGlobalSpeedLimiter=N
GlobalSpeedLimit=-100
UseWindowsAPI=0
UserSpecificMutexes=0
GlobalExcludeMasks=\$RECYCLE.BI*;\RECYCLER;\System Volume Information - *Temporary Internet Files - *.DS_Store;Thumbs.db;*.$$$ - **.$syncoveryIncoming Syncovery Packages
NotToZipMasks=(none)
NotForPartialMasks=*.jpg;*.gif;*.doc;*.xls;*.docx;*.xlsx;*.zip;*.ini;*.txt
MinPartialSize=524288
IncompleteExt=.$syncovery
RsyncPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\cwRsync\bin\rsync.exe
S3PartSize=536870912
S3MaxUploadThreads=3
DBServerType=0
DBServerUsername=SYSDBA
DBServerPassword=masterkey
DBServerAddress=localhost
CPUAffinity=0
ThreadPriority=3
iRemoteAndCacheScanningThreads71=10
iLocalScanningThreads=5
iInternetScanningThreads=3
iNetworkScanningThreads=3
LastInternetConnectionCheckUTC=0
[Registration]
RegNameV7=Vdown RG
RegCodeV7=MCKOFA7MNGUQY7954

This to me looks like the default ini that syncovery creates if there is not one present, could it be the file that is getting downloaded is corrupt, or does not contain any information?

Also i noticed this .ini is about 2k in size, where i beleive the previous working one i had was around 7-8k.

The result is of course that syncovery does not show the sync options when launched.

I have tried it with an older ini file i got from chris ages ago, which works, but obviously the password to access the FTP is out of date.

I hope some oif this helps, and i can post any logs or allow remote access if required.

PS: As i know where the ini lives, is there any chance I could get a copy of the standard 8TB drive version just to test if it works as expected when placed in the directory? no problem if not, im happy to plug away trying to get the script working.
Ravepants

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravepants on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:59 am

Hey all,

I tried again this morning, with the existing co-pilot exe on the drive, and the Users-with-Update-Issues-Syncovery-Update-Tool-v7-11.14.2017 one, both are now giving me the The SyncoveryFile Download had an error. Please re-run this process error as before.

EDIT:

I just wanted to add, that when I used the new password Chris posted today 17/11 and went through the process, it now appears to be working, I have the syncovery.ini and syncovery is allowing me to sync again.
Ravepants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top