[SOLVED] First time build, Root contents (instructions inside)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED] First time build, Root contents (instructions inside)

Post by Thunderbird on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:28 pm

I haven't build my drive yet (16TB), but I downloaded everything in July (part 1 and part 2) and August (the rest). My unpack to root zip contains a lot of folders and files. I've downloaded the new unpack to root zip from the facebook page this week. Should I only use this or do I need something from the old one? How should a correct Root directory look? I don't want to mess it up first time Embarassed

Thunderbird

Bonus Coins : 10
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED] First time build, Root contents (instructions inside)

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Thunderbird, once you have unzipped Part 1 it should look something like this:

Then the Part 2 zip file should be unzipped to D:/Arcade/System Roms/

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 362
Hi Scores : 25

http://hyperarcades.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunderbird on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:26 pm

The Unzip to Root folder I downloaded in July looks like this:

So I might have to delete som files then? And afterwards unzip the new one with the new setup?

Thunderbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:32 pm

Do not delete anything.  The update system we have in place with update everything once you have the drive initially setup.  You will just need to unzip the above (Part 1) to the root of the D:/ drive.  Then unzip the Part 2 file to D:/Arcade/System Roms/

Then run the update.  Please use this thread for instructions on that process:
http://hyperarcades.forumotion.com/t304-update-instructions-new-process-follow-this-guide-if-you-have-not-been-able-to-update-your-drive-since-the-new-process-came-out

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunderbird on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:46 pm

Ok, thanks. Then I'll build the drive as normal and follow the special uptade tread afterwards. I guess I can also build the N:\8TB+ drive before running the update? I'm not in a rush to run the update, I just need to get the drives setup first so I can move my computer to its permanent location.

Thunderbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:24 pm

Yes sir, it is preferred to set up the drives before doing anything else.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunderbird on Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:29 pm

Sorry... it's me again... I've now finally had time to build the drive. I haven't run any installs yet, I've just got all the folders in their place. Should I now run the 1.RUN FIRST setup that I have, or should I do the special update first?

Thunderbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:35 am

run first. Setup the drive then update.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:11 am

It's no problem, and thank you for posting it under the same thread.

Yes, first you must run the 1: Initial Install process. It will install all the required software, emulators, settings, etc to get your drive functional. The main thing you must do is make sure it's on the D Drive first. Then, run that file, and it will do EVERYTHING else for you.

It can take a long time, possibly overnight (if you have a slow computer) or at least a couple hours.

When it is done, reboot. Play some games, make sure it all works.

AFTER THAT, only after doing that initial install part, rebooting, and testing; only THEN should you attempt to update. Updating can screw things up if you do it too early, so, you want to make sure it's all ready to go before attempting.

You're very close! Very soon you'll have your completed drive Smile

So, the funniest thing about this particular signature line is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1179
Hi Scores : 24

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunderbird on Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:34 pm

Hi again. I went through the setup (windows 10) it seemed to go fine, but I got error on some of the .NET software and Visual C?? If I remember correctly. My computer didn't want to install them as it already has a newer version installed. I didn't run any Syncovery setup. Then I launched Hyperspin. Tried to start some games, didn't work as I only had a keyboard connected. Then I connected a 360 controller and I got to launch games, some worked and some didn't. The controls were all over the place. Note: I didn't do anything with the controller, it's supposed to install itself to windows.. Anyway, I tried games on the 8TB drive and also on the 8TB+ drive with various result.
As mentioned before I only have the old install process on my drive since I downloaded everything in July/Aug. It's hard to get free time to fiddle with the drive.
I don't have a Syncovery.ini file since it got blocked by my mail system, but I understand that we don't use it anymore?

Perhaps it's time to follow this as I've been told before?: http://hyperarcades.forumotion.com/t304-update-instructions-new-process-follow-this-guide-if-you-have-not-been-able-to-update-your-drive-since-the-new-process-came-out

Or maybe I need to do some more installs? Do I need all the different versions of the .Net software and so on that my computer refused?

Sorry if I'm useless, but I haven't used win10 before that much (I hate it already). How do I get a classic menu? I bet it helps :-D

I'm not sure what my question was meant to be.... but where do I go from here?

Thunderbird

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:54 pm

Hi Thunderbird,

Yes, install everything and if you have a newer version of that exact version of software just hit ok. It keeps building newer and newer versions for some of the older Emulators, but, as long as you have correct version numbers installed (even if one on your drive is newer DATE of same VERSION, it’s fine. If it’s saying something else, for instance you’re installing Version5.1 and it says you already have version9.4, that’s no good, you need both VERSIONS.

After installing, you need to reboot and most games should work; some special controls ones might need some configuring, but all the main stuff should be good.

Lastly, after you have everything extracted and initial install process done, and rebooted; now do the update. Recent update changed a lot of controls, and that should finish it all up for you.

Remember, this is a system with over 200,000 files and over 100,000 games, there are literally thousands of different ways and types of games to play. This is by far the most automated and easy to install set up, but with some of the rare and I both systems you will always have to configure a bit yourself. But all the main ones (Nintendo’s, Sega’s, PlayStations, etc) should all work flawlessly out be box.

Sent from Topic'it App

So, the funniest thing about this particular signature line is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1179
Hi Scores : 24

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top