[SOLVED] 2TB - Errors (Partial update issue, running update will fix)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED] 2TB - Errors (Partial update issue, running update will fix)

Post by Champrt78 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:10 pm

So I haven't updated my 2tb ever. I spoke with Chris via email, and he said I should run the install then the synchover update. I did the install ,that was easy. Then I did the update, it had like over 300,000 files to delete and 125 gig to update I guess. Earlier today he said someone screwed up the server and uploaded 50gb of files, and it was goofed up. He said I should cancel the update. I did that, now my drive is messed up. There are about 20 emulators it can't find, I looked they are gone. Most notably mame64.exe. When trying to run a mame room I get Can't find D:/emulators/mame64.exe. Any suggestions on what to do? I know he is super exhausted. I am not sure if I rerun the update tomorrow if it will fix it , or if I need to start from scratch. Like wipe my drive and totally start over. Any help would be appreciated

Champrt78

Bonus Coins : 28
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED] 2TB - Errors (Partial update issue, running update will fix)

Post by James M on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:49 am

Yes, this is due to process first needing to delete everything, and then it makes room for all the stuff it’s about to download. This is by design, and it supposed remove it from your recycle bin otherwise you’d still run out of room.

When you update when the servers are back online, it will definitely fix this. It sucks that it pulled your emulators folder meaning you can’t really play much until it servers are up again, but that should be tomorrow or Sunday at latest.

I know it sucks to hear someone be patient, but be patient and when the servers are back up run the update. It will make your copy exactly match with all the newest files and settings, and you can immediately run everything after that. Nothing is broken, there are no problems, it will all fix itself as soon as you can run the update again. Watch when he post servers are up, there will probably be a new update password.

It's great to hear that you have both sides of your brain, the left side and the right side, just like normal people.
But I see the problem is that there is nothing right in your left brain and there is nothing left in your right side.

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 916
Hi Scores : 7

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Champrt78 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:04 am

Cool, thanks. I don't even have it in a cab yet, so it's not a big deal, I'm just trying to get it all ready for when I get my cab.

Champrt78

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:06 am

No problem; I know the feeling. Building my cab for a year and I’ve only been playing MAME at my computer while building it lol

It's great to hear that you have both sides of your brain, the left side and the right side, just like normal people.
But I see the problem is that there is nothing right in your left brain and there is nothing left in your right side.

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 916
Hi Scores : 7

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Champrt78 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:49 pm

is synchovery back up?

Champrt78

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top