Finally updating Root....Questions on System roms though

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Finally updating Root....Questions on System roms though

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:12 pm

1. If you update, you have the correct files i.e. latest patch but that is a poor explanation. You have a drive copy of what Chris has. Everyone has a copy of the same drive, that is the way it is designed. When you update you copy the drive to your drive and have the most recent everything. That is why you update.

2. It is normal to delete and copy new files. As we get better versions or newer files, we replace the older stuff. This is why you see some files getting deleted. This isn't a problem. You cannot update more than what your drive has and every drive is different due to dead sectors. You will need to either not update what you cannot hold or move some stuff off the drive to make room. Your choice.

3. That is correct. The other stuff is for the 8tb+ drive.

Run the sync.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 302
Hi Scores : 21

http://hyperarcades.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:14 pm

BECAUSE DRIVES HAVE DEAD SECTORS, your drives ARE NOT BOTH THE SAME SIZE. Right click them both and look, you will quickly realize that just because a drive says 4 tb, it does not actually have 4000 GB. My drive may have 3.6tb and yours may only have 3.4tb. Heck the 2 drives that you have will most certainly not have the same size on disk. That is the problem.

TO take that further, 2 drives will have more dead sectors on average than a single 8 tb drive. This means that Chris' 8tb drive is hosting more than your 2 4 tb drives can hold. So as I said, you can either delete some stuff or move it. Your all.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:17 pm

Here is my work pc's drive that should have 320 GB.

Here is the actual product specs: https://www.cnet.com/products/toshiba-mq01acf032-hard-drive-320-gb-sata-6gb-s/specs/

You can easily see that the red square shows much less that 320 GB.

So if a 320 gb drive lost 23 gb, how much do you think could be lost on a 4tb drive? Probably the amount you cannot copy.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:40 pm

You have a special setup that I do not understand then. You will need to email Chris directly. I believe that his profiles are for 5tb and 3tb. I do not know that he supports a 4tb and 4tb. So my suggestions was to move 1 tb from the first drive to the second and resync, removing the stuff you moved from the profile. So for example, move the ps2 games that are on the first drive to the second and then when you re-sync, remove them from the profile on the first drive. There is a right click option to remove stuff.

And please do not make another separate thread next time you have a problem. You now have about 12 threads floating around specifically about updating. Please use this thread and only this thread till you completely figure out your issue.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:04 pm

To get your drive working right away I recommend deleting some import games (that you won't play anyway as they are in a different language). When syncovery wants to redownload them just right click and choose "leave alone" and it will not copy them over. Then you are updated and you can proceed with looking things over to figure out why they won't fit. If that is all that is left you likely won't notice anything missing anyway when actually using your drive. Get it working and then troubleshoot the rest after. Sounds like you basically have it working now.

RIG: Stormtrooper Stryker, Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, Skylake i5 6600k OC to 4.7ghz w/ Noctua D14 fan, R9 290x GPU, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 1000w PSU, Samsung Evo 850 HD

Future arcade build (have most parts already) 4 player arcade with 2 aimtrack guns, 2 spinners, force feedback racing wheel and blissbox adapter with original controllers for the following systems: NES,SNES,Genesis(3 and 6 button controllers), N64, Dreamcast, Wii/WiiU, Xbox one. Might add PS2 controllers but I always hated those.
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 240
Hi Scores : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: