[SOLVED] HS and MAME Tankstick Issues - (need to program tankstick, instructions on how to configure tankstick at bottom of post)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED] HS and MAME Tankstick Issues - (need to program tankstick, instructions on how to configure tankstick at bottom of post)

Post by Jonathan Lee on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:05 pm

Good Evening All,

After the recent updates in HS the Player 1 and Player 2 buttons won't let start the game.  In the game (I tried SFII) Player 1, button 3 does not do anything.  I looked in Hyper HQ and it was the right buttons.  I looked in the MAME Settings and the buttons were mapped except the P1 Up, Down, Left, and Right.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Jon
Jonathan Lee

Bonus Coins : 95
Hi Scores : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED] HS and MAME Tankstick Issues - (need to program tankstick, instructions on how to configure tankstick at bottom of post)

Post by James M on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:08 pm

I used it today on SF2 and other games in mame, it works.

But, I do notice that sometimes after returning from a game, HyperSpin window still doesn't have focus. You have to Alt+Tab to "switch" back to HS and then it'll work.

But, all the buttons are mapped correctly. Did you do the controls question that the updater asks you "which setup" and you choose xbox or ipac etc? If you manually updated without whole process, that'll be the issue.

So, the funniest thing about this particular signature line is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1179
Hi Scores : 24

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED] HS and MAME Tankstick Issues - (need to program tankstick, instructions on how to configure tankstick at bottom of post)

Post by Jonathan Lee on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:11 pm

James M wrote:I used it today on SF2 and other games in mame, it works.

But, I do notice that sometimes after returning from a game, HyperSpin window still doesn't have focus.  You have to Alt+Tab to "switch" back to HS and then it'll work.

But, all the buttons are mapped correctly.  Did you do the controls question that the updater asks you "which setup" and you choose xbox or ipac etc?  If you manually updated without whole process, that'll be the issue.

Yes it did I chose IPAC.  Was i suppose to chose IPAC Xbox? Is there a way to change it after running the setup?
Jonathan Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:13 pm

Im not sure, the new "Hybrid" version Chris did confuses me too lol.

I will ask other admins to check this out.

But, try other games, see if isolated issue.

So, the funniest thing about this particular signature line is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:14 pm

Oh Tankstick is encoder based, so yeah, choose ipac!

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Lee on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:28 pm

James M wrote:Oh Tankstick is encoder based, so yeah, choose ipac!

So the Ipac feature alone is not working. Is there a way to change it to Ipac + X Box after the fact?
Jonathan Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:56 pm

Try running the exe in here:

D:\_ Video Lessons and Tutorials\MiscInstallFiles\Unused

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Lee on Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:53 pm

I looked at my Joytokey profile. Does yours look the same? I noticed there is no button setup for P1 or P2.

Jonathan Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:17 pm

The tankstick would not use joy2key as it is not a joystick.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 362
Hi Scores : 25

http://hyperarcades.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristopherShaw on Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:27 pm

Im confused about your post. What doesnt have buttons assigns. Everything looks fine. And like the above said. Joytokey isnt used when you have a tankstick. Its just for the xbox 360 controller which is software layer that emulates the tankstick, but with more buttons.
ChristopherShaw
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 106
Hi Scores : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Lee on Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:39 pm

Chris, the P1 and 2 Buttons don't work in MAME to select a game from the menu on HS and the P1, button 3 did not have an assignment to it, if I press it nothing happens.  Before, if i was in Mame in HS, i could launch a game by pressing the P1 button
When you launch the game in RL, the P1 snd P2 buttons will work, but the P1 button 3 won't work. If you go into the settings it won't let you change the P1, button 3. James and I were discussing this issue last night, thats why this post is a bit choppy.  He pointed me to this post:

http://hyperarcades.forumotion.com/t336-solved-mame-not-work-after-recent-update-throws-error-could-not-load-controller-file-xarcade-cfg-temp-fix-is-to-use-old-version-until-next-update-patch-is-released

I did not get a chance to try it and see if it works since on the post it said that it was fixed today.  I will update to see if this fixes the problem.  If not, I will try what James suggested yesterday. I will also post a video on YouTube to show what the problem is.

The steps is took to see if it was a problem was I opened Hyper HQ to see if the buttons were correct. I tested the controller with the Xarcade test file and all the buttons worked. Then I launched the game in RL and P1 and P2 buttons worked but P1, button three didn't work. Then I tried to launch the game in HS. The problem appears to me to be an issue with front end and what button starts the game. Inside of MAME with the P1, button three it appears to be an issue with autohotkeying that button to 0.
Jonathan Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Lee on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:20 pm

I made a video of the issue to explain what is going on.  I hope I explained it well enough. Everything was working well until the last update.  I tired the patch mentioned above with the different controller config and it did not work (http://hyperarcades.forumotion.com/t336-solved-mame-not-work-after-recent-update-throws-error-could-not-load-controller-file-xarcade-cfg-temp-fix-is-to-use-old-version-until-next-update-patch-is-released).

Jonathan Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by PhatArcade on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:17 am

Hey Jonathan Lee. Make sure you have a keyboard connected to your pc. Boot into Hyperspin and then MAME. Select a MAME game and click "TAB" key on the keyboard once your in game. This brings up advanced controls in MAME.....a blue menu. If you go to "Input (general), then "Player 1 Controls".....you will be able to look through each switched command to make sure they are correct. If not....click "Enter" on the missing or miss-labelled command and then use that button or stick direction for it to take.

Bonus Coins : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Lee on Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:28 am

I'm familiar with these settings however that is part of the problem. I can't start the game from HS right now. The p1 and p2 buttons are not working in HS to select any game. I am launching all of my games now through RL.
Jonathan Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by PhatArcade on Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:10 am

Have you tried plugging in a keyboard and using they correct keyboard commands to test?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Lee on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:57 am

Yes I have and it is the same exact thing. I have tried to update it and it's the same thing. I have tried both IPAC and IPAC+Xbox controls and it's the same thing.
Jonathan Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by PhatArcade on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:07 am

shot in the dark here but, there's a slider switch on the back of the xarcade tankstick. You might want to try it on a different position and test. You could also try to "custom" program the tankstick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Lee on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:20 pm

PhatArcade wrote:shot in the dark here but, there's a slider switch on the back of the xarcade tankstick.  You might want to try it on a different position and test.  You could also try to "custom" program the tankstick.

***UPDATE***  I ran the initial install again and it fixed the problems with the P1 and P2 starting games in HS, however the P1, button 3 cannot be changed.  to fix this issue you will have to reprogram the X-arcade tankstick so it will match the autohotkey config.  Here is how you do it if you have a TANK STICK:
1.  Move the slider behind the tankstick one click to the left.
2.  On the top left side of the tankstick, there are two buttons.  The button to the farthest left press it.  The red light will go out.  Now you are in program mode.  
3.  You will need a PS/2 Keyboard.  You cannot use a PS/2 adapter.  Plug in the keyboard to the closest serial port coming out of the xarcade. On the P1, Button 3 press and hold Numpad 0 and the P1, button 3.  Let the button blink twice and release.
4.  Repeat step 2 and the red light will come on, the programing is complete.
5. If you ever have to restart your CPU, the buttons should stay however if it doesn't move the slide over one click, press the left button on the top, the light will go out. Then press the button again. The programing is back to what it was when you programed it.    

Another thing I found out is if you have PS/2 ports on your motherboard, use those instead of the USBs.  From what I have read, the USB can only allow a certain amount of inputs at one time, however the PS/2 allow as many inputs as you can press.  Just FYI.

Again, thanks to everyone for their help and assistance.
Jonathan Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:53 pm

Awesome work, thank you for this update.

Chris, admins, we should save this as an installer file for the drive.

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

resolved pictures tell the story. my mistake. RTFM

Post by Jackst333 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:54 pm

My computer is new and doesn't have the Keyboard ps2 only USB. I will try what you have done and see if works. Thanks for the update.

Merry Christmas

Jackst333

Bonus Coins : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by PhatArcade on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:27 am

Try a thriftshop for a $2.00 buy on an old PS/2 keyboard Jackst333. Usually they have loads of them. They're getting harder to come by new or on ebay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top