Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James M - Arcade Machine with Modified VigoLix & Portable Control Panel

2 posters

Go down

James M - Arcade Machine with Modified VigoLix & Portable Control Panel Empty James M - Arcade Machine with Modified VigoLix & Portable Control Panel

Post by James M Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:50 am

Hi guys!

I'm making a huge four player pedestal; so, I'm selling my old rig and decided to make a video showing off what it can do. It's a long video, but you can skip most of the games (we all have, it's a 100gb version of Chris' free drive), and around the 20min mark you can see how it becomes PORTABLE!

I can post the motherboard and info if anyone interested. The motherboard doesn't need a full, heavy power supply, it powers up with a DC plug like a laptop, and has 4 different outputs for video! VGA, DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort... so it can play on any modern TV or Monitor.

I took the control panel out and put it on a card table with a projector, and we played SF2 tourney outside (on a giant house wall about 10ft high gaming lol) during a BBQ after it got dark out.

It's not a high-end rig; it can handle SOME of the PS1 games, but nothing with Polygons like Battle Arena Toshinden etc.

Costs:

Control Panel was about $250 bucks: Motherboard and Processor about $125, 8gb Memory about $50, 2 Player 20 Button Kit (Sticks, and Zero Delay Encoders included) about $80. Optional Trackball was $30 off eBay, and wood was about $20 bucks.

The outer cabinet was a single piece of 1/2" MDF and weighs 30 lbs; I used vinyl decals on sides, and black paint on front and inside. The wood and paint and vinyl was about $100 bucks.

This doesn't include the Hard Drive, operating system, the games, setup, etc. But, you can replicate this build for $500 or less

Video showing it all:
https://youtu.be/NH4FL56l8Gw
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

James M - Arcade Machine with Modified VigoLix & Portable Control Panel Empty Re: James M - Arcade Machine with Modified VigoLix & Portable Control Panel

Post by Sahadd Prawser Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:56 pm

Very cool James, easily taken anywhere to hook up and play.
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 419
Hi Scores : 25

Back to top Go down