[SOLVED!] PROBLEM Psx doesn't run (appears to be isolated issue, resync should fix any changed emulator settings)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED!] PROBLEM Psx doesn't run (appears to be isolated issue, resync should fix any changed emulator settings)

Post by Rodriguez CR on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:03 am

PSXFIN emulator doesn't work OK.

After PSX logo, the screen freezes.

I prefer epsxe emulator. Check it!

Thanks
Rodriguez CR

Bonus Coins : 25
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED!] PROBLEM Psx doesn't run (appears to be isolated issue, resync should fix any changed emulator settings)

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:47 am

I just tested this and it worked flawlessly. I'm about 1 update behind so I'm going to update now and test again to verify if it works. I'll report back but if mine works I recommendL

1)Re-run your initial drive install, it does get updated as changes are made somtimes
2)Try deleting your PSX folder and re-syncing it to makes sure your files are intact for the emulator.

I'll post back today after the update is done and I test

RIG: Stormtrooper Stryker, Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, Skylake i5 6600k OC to 4.7ghz w/ Noctua D14 fan, R9 290x GPU, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 1000w PSU, Samsung Evo 850 HD

Future arcade build (have most parts already) 4 player arcade with 2 aimtrack guns, 2 spinners, force feedback racing wheel and blissbox adapter with original controllers for the following systems: NES,SNES,Genesis(3 and 6 button controllers), N64, Dreamcast, Wii/WiiU, Xbox one. Might add PS2 controllers but I always hated those.
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 307
Hi Scores : 17

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED!] PROBLEM Psx doesn't run (appears to be isolated issue, resync should fix any changed emulator settings)

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:34 am

I just finished the update for root and tested PSX (playstation 1) mortal kombat 3 booted up and played perfectly.

Try out my advice above then post back here to let us know if it worked or not.

RIG: Stormtrooper Stryker, Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, Skylake i5 6600k OC to 4.7ghz w/ Noctua D14 fan, R9 290x GPU, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 1000w PSU, Samsung Evo 850 HD

Future arcade build (have most parts already) 4 player arcade with 2 aimtrack guns, 2 spinners, force feedback racing wheel and blissbox adapter with original controllers for the following systems: NES,SNES,Genesis(3 and 6 button controllers), N64, Dreamcast, Wii/WiiU, Xbox one. Might add PS2 controllers but I always hated those.
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:26 pm

Rodriguez CR:

Did you change any settings or play around with the emulator?  Or, it could be performance related; however, the PSX emulator can crash with a couple changed settings.

Mine works too.  I have no issues, and the PSX emulator is pretty popular... so I'm sure we'd hear about it from other people if there was an issue.  So, it appears it's isolated to you.

Re-update, that should fix it, it'll refresh your settings and should work.  If it does not, it might be performance related issue.

Also, try multiple games. Let us know if some work and some others dont.

So, the funniest thing about this particular signature line is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1179
Hi Scores : 24

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodriguez CR on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:00 am

Maybe is for my language pc (spanish) Same problem have other user that i spoke with him in facebook.

Appear this screen and then black screen and i can't use contrl+alt+sup , alt+f4...I need to have reset pc. I delete and resync but same problem.

I change ePSXe emulator in rocketlauncherui and WORKS OK. Only need change language emulator (default) to (english) because i don't know why but multi-discs doesn't work if this option it's activated. It's a module error (epsx.ahk) doesn't work with default language to change disc

Same problem have other user that i spoke with him in facebook.

Anyway, i prefer ePSXe. I've nvidia gtx960m and graphically it looks great if change video options (shader options, size screen..etc..)

/// sorry if i don't speak very well english //// Razz
Rodriguez CR

Bonus Coins : 25
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:54 am

Ok if you prefer to use another emulator that works better for your preferred language there is no problem with that. Sometimes with worldwide setups some custom work will be required to have the experience you like.

Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:07 am

I would also add DOCUMENT EVERYTHING YOU DO/CHANGE and also to BACK UP ANY FOLDERS YOU CHANGE.

Even simple things like changing settings, that means it is NO LONGER A “STANDARD” SETUP and thus we won’t be able to help much. When you have a custom setup, things like syncovery/Update CoPilot can stop working, or cause issues, and it WILL reset all your settings and preferred emulator.

The SettingsSaver even lets you save any one folder, so you can save that emulator folder; or, if you change a lot of Emulators and settings you can have it save your whole D:\Arcade\Emulators folder.

You must then manually compare files using something like blank syncovery profile or beyond compare and remove anything not changed. Then finally you will have the files that changed and you might need to compare those using ExamDiff or something similar to confirm settings etc.

That’s the ONLY way and even then you might have old support or base files or drivers etc... customizing is fine but if it breaks or stops working or you cannot update; please be understanding that we can NOT help you. We can ONLY help standard setup.

Sent from Topic'it App

So, the funniest thing about this particular signature line is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1179
Hi Scores : 24

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top