[USER BANNED] Syncovery Update deleting over 700.000 files :-/

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[USER BANNED] Syncovery Update deleting over 700.000 files :-/

Post by Cubalibre on Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:43 pm

First of all I want to say that I run the syncovery update earlier today. I finished the root and was about 80% through the second step when Chris shut down the server. So now I tried again.....and when trying to do the root once again, I get a message saying that I dont have enough space.....it needs 286GB and I only have 86GB left.....so I skipped that one.....because I already did it earlier. But now when im doing the second part, with the roms......it says its going to delete over 700.000 files......WHY!!!??? Is it going to delete everything and then put it back in? I don't understand anything...

I have a feeling this is going to f*ck up my hardrive....

Cubalibre

Bonus Coins : 15
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: [USER BANNED] Syncovery Update deleting over 700.000 files :-/

Post by Cubalibre on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:06 pm

So....it's deleting 720.423 files.....7TB of content.....it can't be right! Nothing but trouble with this drive and updates. Im going to bed now.....and I guess I will have a empty drive when I wake up... :-(

Cubalibre

Back to top Go down

Post by kadrik0 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:30 pm

I don’t think it is officially up yet. He hasn’t posted he is done. I saw that too on the systems roms but I didn’t sync it. The root files would have put me over too by a good 200gb. He added a 280gb file to the root but i bet he is extracting it and most of the files are newer versions. You should cancel that sync before it is is too late. It can take a long time to download tb’s of content depending on your internet connection and if you have a cap it could take much much longer since you would have to start and stop downloading.

kadrik0

Bonus Coins : 27
Hi Scores : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubalibre on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:50 am

Just woke up, and just as I thought......everything is gone on the drive :-(

And I guess I will have no luck in contacting Chris.....so Im fucked.... :-/

Cubalibre

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:46 am

Jeez why the hell would you go to bed overnight when there was obviously an error and let it wipe out 7tb worth of files and then complain about it. No, it should never delete more than 300gb that was the largest one time change (when we changed big dos set about a year ago). Besides that the largest change was 100gb. If you see TERRABYTES being deleted you have something wrong.

And no, the update was not live, he was working on the files... so yes, I can see why you have that issue. Yes, you are in trouble if you have a wiped drive.

Go in and see if you can recover data. Do not put anything else on the empty drive until you fix... you might need a good third party undelete program. Some of them will recover files but filenames will be screwed up.... like gamename.zip might become gamenam?.7? If it recovers a majority of the drive but doesn’t get filenames, run syncovery again and it SHOULD detect those (if filesizes match) and just rename it.

Why would you let it delete that many files?!

Sent from Topic'it App

So, the funniest thing about this particular signature line is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1179
Hi Scores : 24

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Cubalibre on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:27 am

James M wrote:Jeez why the hell would you go to bed overnight when there was obviously an error and let it wipe out 7tb worth of files and then complain about it.  No, it should never delete more than 300gb that was the largest one time change (when we changed big dos set about a year ago).  Besides that the largest change was 100gb.    If you see TERRABYTES being deleted you have something wrong.

And no, the update was not live, he was working on the files... so yes, I can see why you have that issue.  Yes, you are in trouble if you have a wiped drive.

Go in and see if you can recover data.  Do not put anything else on the empty drive until you fix... you might need a good third party undelete program.  Some of them will recover files but filenames will be screwed up.... like gamename.zip might become gamenam?.7?   If it recovers a majority of the drive but doesn’t get filenames, run syncovery again and it SHOULD detect those  (if filesizes match) and just rename it.

Sent from Topic'it App

Well.....I thought it was strange, but I guess I trusted the program. I have no idea how these things work. And how should one know if the update is LIVE or not? It says here that the server is up. Chris shut down the server for some updates yesterday and after a couple hours it was back up again.

I talked to Chris today.....and he said he had moved the system roms folder, and forgot to put it back i place. So now Im running the syncovery again and downloading all the roms......7 days to go.... :-/

Cubalibre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:59 am

What you have done is a HUGE waste of bandwidth on Chris's server. He pays (literally) thousands of dollars a year to provide these updates to all users with no charge for free. What you paid for the initial drive was for the drive and its contents only. WOW to see this level of disregard for what he is doing for users is unreal. Why you didn't stop the update and wait to see what other people had to say before proceeding is beyond me.

***You are now banned due to your complete disrespect for the free resources provided by Chris***

Cubalibre wrote:
James M wrote:Jeez why the hell would you go to bed overnight when there was obviously an error and let it wipe out 7tb worth of files and then complain about it.  No, it should never delete more than 300gb that was the largest one time change (when we changed big dos set about a year ago).  Besides that the largest change was 100gb.    If you see TERRABYTES being deleted you have something wrong.

And no, the update was not live, he was working on the files... so yes, I can see why you have that issue.  Yes, you are in trouble if you have a wiped drive.

Go in and see if you can recover data.  Do not put anything else on the empty drive until you fix... you might need a good third party undelete program.  Some of them will recover files but filenames will be screwed up.... like gamename.zip might become gamenam?.7?   If it recovers a majority of the drive but doesn’t get filenames, run syncovery again and it SHOULD detect those  (if filesizes match) and just rename it.

Sent from Topic'it App

Well.....I thought it was strange, but I guess I trusted the program. I have no idea how these things work. And how should one know if the update is LIVE or not? It says here that the server is up. Chris shut down the server for some updates yesterday and after a couple hours it was back up again.

I talked to Chris today.....and he said he had moved the system roms folder, and forgot to put it back i place. So now Im running the syncovery again and downloading all the roms......7 days to go.... :-/

Last edited by Sahadd Prawser on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total

RIG: Stormtrooper Stryker, Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, Skylake i5 6600k OC to 4.7ghz w/ Noctua D14 fan, R9 290x GPU, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 1000w PSU, Samsung Evo 850 HD

Future arcade build (have most parts already) 4 player arcade with 2 aimtrack guns, 2 spinners, force feedback racing wheel and blissbox adapter with original controllers for the following systems: NES,SNES,Genesis(3 and 6 button controllers), N64, Dreamcast, Wii/WiiU, Xbox one. Might add PS2 controllers but I always hated those.
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 307
Hi Scores : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristopherShaw on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:00 am

This is Chris
Did i not post the other day that anybody who spoke aggressively towards any of the admins would be removed from the group? And not only that... you sat there knowing full well that it was going to delete your drive and said oh well. I guess im just going to wake up and everything will be deleted? And said this update system is nothing but trouble. This is free access to stuff that you woild have to build yourself. If your not part of the solution. Then your a problem for everyone.

Im changing the password and removing you from the group. You got fair warning in the post a few days ago.

Chris

ChristopherShaw
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 106
Hi Scores : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top