[SOLVED!] Xbox 360 Controller Issues - Super Nintendo, Genesis, MAME (fixed on current update)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED!] Xbox 360 Controller Issues - Super Nintendo, Genesis, MAME (fixed on current update)

Post by Jaidek on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:57 pm

Hello,

I have been having issues with the latest version of the Hyper Arcade and my Windows 10 machine running an Xbox 360 controller. I am running through an official wireless adapter, but for some reason the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis emulators aren't recognizing the controller (there may be others). Also, when running games in MAME (ex: Street Fighter II) the controller is always player two. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Corey
Jaidek

Bonus Coins : 20
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED!] Xbox 360 Controller Issues - Super Nintendo, Genesis, MAME (fixed on current update)

Post by James M on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:02 pm

I use an xbox wireless controller with a non-official adapter (which is even sketchier) and I haven't had issues.

Did this pop up recently? Did you try those emulators recently before your last update, and then again after and it stopped working? Or, have you not tried those emulators recently and it could have possibly been an issue before the update?

Server is currently down, but did you update in the past month? How long have you had the issue? Does it work perfectly everywhere else?

So, the funniest thing about this particular signature line is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1179
Hi Scores : 24

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED!] Xbox 360 Controller Issues - Super Nintendo, Genesis, MAME (fixed on current update)

Post by Jaidek on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:37 pm

Hey James,

I am new to Hyper Arcade and this latest version is the only version I have run on my machine. So I am unsure if previous versions worked. I'd say I last updated about 2 weeks ago.

The Xbox 360 controller works fine in Hyperspin menu, I just tried Fatal Fury 3 (MAME) and once again the controller was player 2 and on this game none of the face buttons worked.

Thanks,
Corey
Jaidek

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:45 am

So your controls were not set up properly, something happened. HyperSpin uses different controls and the “real” controls are run with the emulator.

Did you run the Initial Install program that installs everything when you first get the drive? That is where controls are installed.

Run that Initial Install Program again, it will let you skip installing some programs (just click “cancel” to not install all the software again, or, better yet, since you DID have some issue, maybe let it reinstall everything again... it just over-installs the previous one fixing any errors and not changing anything if there were no errors).

After the installed drivers and stuff you’ll get a msgbox about shortcuts and then finally controls. Click Xbox on that controls question and let installer finish everything up. Reset computer, then try again.

If that still doesn’t work, you’ll need to resyncing when server is back up... if the initial installer doesn’t fix it means you didn’t get all the controller files on your last sync.

Sent from Topic'it App

So, the funniest thing about this particular signature line is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaidek on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:34 am

Hey James,

Sorry for the confusion in the other thread, I am multitasking a bit at the moment. I have been building a joystick and I wanted to see if it had similar issues as what I was experiencing on my Xbox 360 controller (it is). Each time I switched control types, I chose the proper configuration (IPAC for my joystick, XB+Xinmo for Xbox 360).

I reran the installation completely this time, without hitting cancel, but I am still getting the same issues I mentioned above. Is there any way to check that the proper controller configuration is being copied over and loaded? Also any quick way of switch between IPAC / Xbox 360 profiles without doing the installation process again?

Like you said, maybe my sync didn't pull down all the config files? Do we have an ETA on when the server will be live again?

Thanks again for the help!
Corey
Jaidek

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:38 am

Is this still an issue for you? We haven't had anyone else report issues on xbox controllers, and that's by far the most common setup.

The servers are currently down, but I believe a sync will fix.

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top