How To (And Please) Register Your FaceBook to Forum Acct (and Why)

Go down

How To (And Please) Register Your FaceBook to Forum Acct (and Why)

Post by James M on Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:48 am

We ask that ALL users please Associate your Facebook account with your forum account.

If you used the "Log in with Facebook" option to start your account and to log in, you're already good.

If not, here's why... we have a closed group only for PAID users, so that we don't get crappy bandwidth or friends giving friends free access to updates to download the entire drive.  So, we must check each user.  The main list is the facebook group.  If we can't see your facebook account, we can't tell you are a paid user.

Please do this, it takes 3 clicks:

1) Goto "Profile"
2) Click "Preferences"
3) Click the blue "Associate your FaceBook Account" button

That's it!  You'll be fully registered.

Any accounts not registered will be deactivated until it has been completed.

So, the funniest thing about this particular signature line is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1482
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Re: How To (And Please) Register Your FaceBook to Forum Acct (and Why)

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:45 am

I will also add that we don't have any type of monetization anywhere in this forum or part of the setup. So this facebook association is purely for security and knowing "who is who" since many people have not kept their facebook and forum names consistently the same. Thanks!

RIG: Stormtrooper Stryker, Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, Skylake i5 6600k OC to 4.7ghz w/ Noctua D14 fan, R9 290x GPU, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 1000w PSU, Samsung Evo 850 HD

Future arcade build (have most parts already) 4 player arcade with 2 aimtrack guns, 2 spinners, force feedback racing wheel and blissbox adapter with original controllers for the following systems: NES,SNES,Genesis(3 and 6 button controllers), N64, Dreamcast, Wii/WiiU, Xbox one. Might add PS2 controllers but I always hated those.
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 361
Hi Scores : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by 333done on Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:04 am

yes that is fine,if you have a FB ACCOUNT , BUT I CHOSE TO LEAVE FB YEARS AGO

333done

Bonus Coins : 4
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:23 pm

333done wrote:yes that is fine,if you have a FB ACCOUNT , BUT I CHOSE TO LEAVE FB YEARS AGO

You could create a fresh account and only use it for access to Chris's facebook group. You will not be able to receive the current updates on what Chris is doing or when passwords are changed if you don't have access to that group. That is the only place the current information is allowed to be posted. Just make a profile put mostly fake info on it if you like and let Chris know who you are so he can verify that you purchased the drive setup. Then you will have full access. These are security measures put in place to protect the drive content from re-sellers. Apologies for the inconvenience but it will only take you a few minutes to do.

RIG: Stormtrooper Stryker, Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, Skylake i5 6600k OC to 4.7ghz w/ Noctua D14 fan, R9 290x GPU, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 1000w PSU, Samsung Evo 850 HD

Future arcade build (have most parts already) 4 player arcade with 2 aimtrack guns, 2 spinners, force feedback racing wheel and blissbox adapter with original controllers for the following systems: NES,SNES,Genesis(3 and 6 button controllers), N64, Dreamcast, Wii/WiiU, Xbox one. Might add PS2 controllers but I always hated those.
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by 333done on Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:01 am

yes i have just done so .

333done

Bonus Coins : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks 333Done for mentioning that, and Sahadd for answering. Good points both.

Also, in addition, we do not do anything with Facebook, it's only the most complete list of 'approved' users besides Chris' email receipts. We didn't have an easily formatted list; but, by merging your acct with facebook acct, we can see a little checkbox and quickly approve new people.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but, we're doing this for free in our spare time to help, and that's the easiest way for us.

So, the funniest thing about this particular signature line is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Miguel Joel Gauthier on Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:17 pm

hey guys wishing everybody a happy new years keep up the great work:) i just reinstalled windows as i had a bad virus.now looking for password for the install setup. any help Would be very appreciated thanks
Miguel Joel Gauthier

Bonus Coins : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:02 pm

Michael that’s easy... there’s two passwords and both are in he pinned post on FB group. There’s an INSTALL password, you’ll need that to run the “initial setup” program in the first folder on the D drive (D:\1. Initial Setup\) the other one is the SYNCOVERY/UPDATE password. You do that after the initial install I mentioned above and then the Update process is in (D:\2. Update) folder.

Both passwords are in the FB pinned post. To see it, click on the Hyper Updates group on the left side of Facebook and the firs post is a pinned post by chris. Click “see more” so you can see the whole post and it’ll be in there.

Sent from Topic'it App

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by jumpster on Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:22 pm

Is the facebook linking broken - I originally tried to register and got and error - when I try to associate my account, I get the same error "App Not Setup: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions."

jumpster

Bonus Coins : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:05 am

Yeah something just changed yesterday on FB and screwed everyone using that module over... not our users, but all forumotion based sites that used that connect module.

Were trying to fix but it’s not easy. Stay tuned here.

Sent from Topic'it App

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by mjohnson007 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:16 am

Tried and I get the following error

"App not set up: this app is still in development mode, and you do not have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permission"

So can I have permission... :-)
M

mjohnson007

Bonus Coins : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:33 pm

It is fixed as of now thanks to the mysterious and magical Adam...

Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by mjohnson007 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:36 am

thanks, worked like a charm... Smile

mjohnson007

Bonus Coins : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelM on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:40 pm

I only see this post in paid users, but I linked with facebook and all.
Dont really know what I should be able to see?!

Have I been given the correct access?
MichaelM

Bonus Coins : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:14 pm

There is only "Guest" and "Member" sections, there is no "paid" user. You're fine; you're not a guest.

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by KSS5 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:32 am

New to all this but registered and still downloading/installing 8 TB of files!! Shocked

Umm...I don't have a FB acct AND I'm not setting an acct up. If and when I ever need to reinstall, can't I just email Chris for the current install password?

Thanks,

Matt
KSS5

Bonus Coins : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by epicrean on Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:57 pm

I just linked my account....

A couple of possible issues

1. The email address used to purchase the drive is different than the email address I used to register here
2. My facebook email account is different than the email address used to purchase the drive and different than my FB account.

I have all the emails from Chris, just want to get everything setup.
epicrean

Bonus Coins : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:13 am

Our system is in place to avoid extra messages to Chris, he services a group of 700+ people and cannot take time to manually complete processes we already have in place. Set up a fake facebook account without any of your real info and link it to the email address you used to sign up for this forum. Then everything will link properly and Chris can add you to the arcade facebook group for update information. Everything will then work properly. If you choose to not setup a fake facebook account you are simply forgoing the option to have free future updates which is your choice but I would recommend the fake account route.

KSS5 wrote:New to all this but registered and still downloading/installing 8 TB of files!! Shocked

Umm...I don't have a FB acct AND I'm not setting an acct up.  If and when I ever need to reinstall, can't I just email Chris for the current install password?

Thanks,

Matt

Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:18 am

Are you seeing a full forum yet? Or just a few areas with limited posts?

epicrean wrote:I just linked my account....

A couple of possible issues

1.  The email address used to purchase the drive is different than the email address I used to register here
2.  My facebook email account is different than the email address used to purchase the drive and different than my FB account.

I have all the emails from Chris, just want to get everything setup.  

Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by epicrean on Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:49 pm

I believe I am seeing the full forum but not 100%   I see the help section, the show of your rig section.  Not sure what else is out there.

When I click the "Paid" section, the only thing I see is this post about linking FB accounts
epicrean

Back to top Go down

Post by epicrean on Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:26 pm

so how do we get an invite to the FB group?
epicrean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down