[SOLVED!] 8 tb drive failed (HD Failed: Try data recovery+sync, if not work then have to contact Chris, see if able to redownload parts)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED!] 8 tb drive failed (HD Failed: Try data recovery+sync, if not work then have to contact Chris, see if able to redownload parts)

Post by mackvensive on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:40 am

I have the 8tb Alt set up. My 5tb drive with the folder 1 files just died on me, not functioning @ all.  When I went back to download the files via Filezilla, there's no folder 1 present. what can I do to resolve this..

mackvensive

Bonus Coins : 8
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED!] 8 tb drive failed (HD Failed: Try data recovery+sync, if not work then have to contact Chris, see if able to redownload parts)

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:25 pm

Contact Chris via email to figure out the best resolution. The 8tb seagate is on sale this time of year I see it for $179 Canadian right now at newegg.ca. That is dirt cheap so this is an opportunity to make your life easier and use the standard setup. Also I know it isn't always affordable to do so but I keep a backup of my drive. I feel your pain I had a drive die on me early on and lost a lot of data. I also recommend buying the HGST drive personally it costs more but it is literally the most rock solid drive you can get with the very lowest failure rate.

RIG: Stormtrooper Stryker, Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, Skylake i5 6600k OC to 4.7ghz w/ Noctua D14 fan, R9 290x GPU, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 1000w PSU, Samsung Evo 850 HD

Future arcade build (have most parts already) 4 player arcade with 2 aimtrack guns, 2 spinners, force feedback racing wheel and blissbox adapter with original controllers for the following systems: NES,SNES,Genesis(3 and 6 button controllers), N64, Dreamcast, Wii/WiiU, Xbox one. Might add PS2 controllers but I always hated those.
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 307
Hi Scores : 17

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED!] 8 tb drive failed (HD Failed: Try data recovery+sync, if not work then have to contact Chris, see if able to redownload parts)

Post by mackvensive on Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:35 pm

Thanks Sahadd, I just purchased the 8tb western digital drive. The 5tb Seagate was only a couple of moths old and it just completely stop spinning on me...

mackvensive

Bonus Coins : 8
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:38 am

mackvensive wrote:Thanks Sahadd, I just purchased the 8tb western digital drive. The 5tb Seagate was only a couple of moths old and it just completely stop spinning on me...

That SUCKS, I know the feeling.

If drive still spins, you can use data recovery and it will restore most of the files but with all crappy filenames.  GameName.zip becomes Game??me.zi? and stuff like that.  If you can undelete a bunch of data on there, syncovery will recognize the filesize and partial name and should be able to rename everything that lines up in those places... might be worth a shot.

Also, if you can't, redownloading that whole thing is a LOT of bandwidth. I know Chris wouldn't really ask, but, if you could, I'd paypal him $20-40 if he lets you redownload the same thing. And/or a very nice testimonial for him. Most resellers would just tell you "sorry" and not even reply to other emails, or at best give you a $10 discount.

So, the funniest thing about this particular signature line is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1179
Hi Scores : 24

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top