[SOLVED!] Update 16tb 12/26/17 (will review and confirm upon user posting what it's trying to delete)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED!] Update 16tb 12/26/17 (will review and confirm upon user posting what it's trying to delete)

Post by XrobotronX on Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:01 pm

Hey guys! I just updated my 16tb root and system roms successfully. I was gonna update the 8tb+. Syncovery wants to move 1 and delete 187 (268.9gb).

Is this correct? Should I go with it? I will wait before I do anything...

Thank You

XrobotronX

Bonus Coins : 49
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED!] Update 16tb 12/26/17 (will review and confirm upon user posting what it's trying to delete)

Post by James M on Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:58 pm

Please post a screen shot of what it's trying to delete.

It should show a results page like this image, click the plus arrow so we can see the filenames it's trying to change like i did here. Hit ALT+PRINTSCREEN to screen capture it and then paste it to imgur and post link here.

Example:
https://snag.gy/2oRAIC.jpg

Post that, don't delete that many files, not sure what it's doing yet.

So, the funniest thing about this particular signature line is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1179
Hi Scores : 24

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED!] Update 16tb 12/26/17 (will review and confirm upon user posting what it's trying to delete)

Post by James M on Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:58 pm

Also, right now only beta testers that know what they are doing should be updating... you should wait or else you can update drive and it'll stop working on some or all of it until the beta testers find issues and we can fix.

So, the funniest thing about this particular signature line is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by XrobotronX on Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:30 pm

I volunteered to be a tester. Also, I don't think I should continue with syncing the 8tb+. I have 197gb free on the drive now. I also was wondering why the files are being deleted. Do they not run or something? Thank You

XrobotronX

Bonus Coins : 49
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:13 pm

Oh okay great, I just wanted to make sure you're a beta tester.

The otaku ones are no longer supported, they werent games they were magazines that are no longer on the drive. The sonic one is on the drive but there was a duplicate.

That leaves Wii, WiiU, and GOG Games... I'm not sure why deleting those. I can't see everything in that image. Don't delete it for now.

Please msg me on facebook and mention this post and that you're a tester. I'll try and teamviewer and see what's going on. I'll be online for an hour.

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:21 pm

Chris said this IS correct. He said it appears you hadn't updated in a LONG time and that's why it's deleting stuff. GOG games had tons of duplicates in that 1500 list of titles, and the Wii stuff is already on the FIRST drive so you have two copies of it, that's why removed from 2nd drive.

You are fine to update. Here's a link to what Chris said:
https://snag.gy/42bVdk.jpg

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:59 pm

Yes GoG I think deletes down to around 1100+ games instead of 1500, that was an update a while ago so I agree it must have been a bit of time since you updated. It is good to question large deletes before proceeding with them.

RIG: Stormtrooper Stryker, Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, Skylake i5 6600k OC to 4.7ghz w/ Noctua D14 fan, R9 290x GPU, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 1000w PSU, Samsung Evo 850 HD

Future arcade build (have most parts already) 4 player arcade with 2 aimtrack guns, 2 spinners, force feedback racing wheel and blissbox adapter with original controllers for the following systems: NES,SNES,Genesis(3 and 6 button controllers), N64, Dreamcast, Wii/WiiU, Xbox one. Might add PS2 controllers but I always hated those.
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 307
Hi Scores : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top