[SOLVED!] Message saying server is down despite it being marked as up on the forum (must watch FB, forum tries to be up to date but Chris is overseas and on his own timeframe, his posts on FB is the most accurate)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED!] Message saying server is down despite it being marked as up on the forum (must watch FB, forum tries to be up to date but Chris is overseas and on his own timeframe, his posts on FB is the most accurate)

Post by FlipFlop on Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:36 pm

I'm trying to do the october-2017 new update process to allow me to get the latest HS updates. I followed the facebook instructions, deleting those folders mentioned, tossing the GetNew...exe file on the desktop and running it. I used the install password when prompted (I assume that is the one I need since I still need to install the profile on my computer linking it to my PC hardware).

However, after doing this, I am receiving a message the server is down. I think the server is up, though, since apparently people are accessing it now.

I'd like to know how I should proceed.
FlipFlop

Bonus Coins : 14
Hi Scores : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED!] Message saying server is down despite it being marked as up on the forum (must watch FB, forum tries to be up to date but Chris is overseas and on his own timeframe, his posts on FB is the most accurate)

Post by James M on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:29 pm

You have to go by what FB says, i try to keep the forum current but Chris is over in Philippines and changes stuff on a whim and we have no idea when it changes. He pulled it today to update some files. Said he'd have it up "in 18 hours" but no idea if it's up or not. We try to do that as a general rule, but, it's all by what chris says on FB unfortunately.

So, the funniest thing about this particular signature line is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1179
Hi Scores : 24

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED!] Message saying server is down despite it being marked as up on the forum (must watch FB, forum tries to be up to date but Chris is overseas and on his own timeframe, his posts on FB is the most accurate)

Post by FlipFlop on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:35 pm

James M wrote:You have to go by what FB says, i try to keep the forum current but Chris is over in Philippines and changes stuff on a whim and we have no idea when it changes.  He pulled it today to update some files.  Said he'd have it up "in 18 hours" but no idea if it's up or not.  We try to do that as a general rule, but, it's all by what chris says on FB unfortunately.

Ah, I see, alright. I thought there were people updating, and I wasn't sure if the "server is down" message also doubled for people who input the wrong password.

Just to clarify, though - the password I need is the "install password" first, which will get me the new profile and set up the system to recognize my PC, and then, after that, I will use the other password, correct?
FlipFlop

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:48 pm

Mostly correct.

The Install Password is for the re-installation of the drive... that's that 1hr process when you first got the drive and had to install all the emulator software etc. You shouldn't need that this time unless you have controls issues after update.

The UPDATE PASSWORD or SYNCOVERY PASSWORD are the same thing; you need to run the update copilot (D:\_2. Syncovery Update Folder\2. Run syncovery update.exe) and use the password in THAT program.

That program will download the correct syncovery profile for you, install it, get the files you need and update, and then run through reconfiguring your controls and settings after the update part. That should be all you have to do.

So, the funniest thing about this particular signature line is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by FlipFlop on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:19 pm

There's one thing I kinda don't understand yet. At which point in the process will my personal profile based on my motherboard be generated so I can also update my hyperspin? I think that is the point of failure in my current attempts.
FlipFlop

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:07 am

It’s not being used yet, shouldn’t affect you in any way.

Sent from Topic'it App

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:09 am

I mean the part it’s based on your motherboard.

The update process is based on the games you have... it detects your games and figures out your drive size from that.

If it doesn’t detect right size; it’s because you didn’t download everything or didn’t put them in right places.

Sent from Topic'it App

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top