[SOLVED!] Running the GET NEW UPDATE PROCESS TOOL (pinned post has info)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[SOLVED!] Running the GET NEW UPDATE PROCESS TOOL (pinned post has info)

Post by Liam Malone on Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:24 pm

I have tried to run the new tool but it keeps saying the server is down.  Is this correct or have I screwed up somewhere?
Liam Malone

Bonus Coins : 9
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: [SOLVED!] Running the GET NEW UPDATE PROCESS TOOL (pinned post has info)

Post by James M on Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:27 am

Chris has server down to fix control issues. He pulled it yesterday morning and said he’d have it back up ASAP. Watch FB to see when he opens it back up again.

Sent from Topic'it App

So, the funniest thing about this particular signature line is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1179
Hi Scores : 24

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by woodguy32 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:01 am

Same issue.. since the new update process, never got it to work.. I can't keep up with the constant changes .. Have no idea whats going on..just gave up on the drive and run a retro pie hyperspin 128gb which works perfect...always have issues with the big drive for the arcade machine..

hoping the update fixes stuff..

Thanks

woodguy32

Bonus Coins : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:58 pm

Wrong forum guys. Pretty clear that this is not the correct forum.

Admin
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 362
Hi Scores : 25

http://hyperarcades.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:27 pm

Fuuuck, I give up.  You think you're frustrated about all the changes and how to do stuff. First, imagine having to rewrite the entire process of installing all that stuff but to make it as easy as possible.  Then, after doing that, how many times can we answer same question...

There is a pinned post on facebook that tells you WHERE the information is. It's on this forum in another section, and it literally tells you HOW to do the update process.  It walks you through step by step, start to finish. "I'm lost and don't know what to do" It is in there.  We're not going back to the old process of handing out profiles, people were literally stealing the drive from Chris.  One guy was selling the PROFILES to people so that he'd get the money and then they'd steal the bandwidth downloading it from Chris unknowingly to him and them.  Do you want to pay for that bandwidth of 8 and even 16 tb of download traffic?  So, we are not going back.  

Since we can't go back, you will have to figure out the new process, or don't update.  That's the only thing I can really say, I hate to be a jerk about it, but there's a pinned post on facebook with the link, and then there's pinned posts on the forum with a detailed walkthrough.  The only thing you have to do is see when Chris says servers are up on facebook and then get the update while it is up.  I thought they were up today, but it looks like he might have paused that.   Wait for the FB post to say servers are up, then go here:

http://hyperarcades.forumotion.com/t333-pinned-post-3-how-to-update-your-new-drive-common-update-problems

I mean we're busting our ass helping other people for free, literally no benefit.  I've been on here every night for a week and almost every single post about the update process is because people don't read the pinned post or facebook or on the forums.  Did either of you check the solved section either?  You'll see a dozen similar posts...

Liam, since you have the new tool, you need to get the SYNCOVERY / UPDATE password from the facebook post and enter it into that program when it asks for the password.  If it doesn't work, servers are down, try again the next day.  If it is up, it'll run syncovery for you, prepare all the files, download the updates, then reconfigure your controls, saved settings, etc all for you.

Woodguy32 since you might not have the new update tool, go to that link above and find out which case you are in.  If you've updated since October2017 get the "for users that had issues" link, if you have not updated since then, use the "for users that haven't updated since october17" link.

Yes, there are pre-imaged drives for RaspberryPI but they are fun for playing up to maybe a handful of PS1 games.  The largest ones are what, 300gb?   This is 8 fucking terrabytes, yes, it is going to be more complicated.   Imagine having to figure out all the emulators, how they work, how to install them, dial in the settings, find the media, etc.   It's as automated as possible.  But, there's always going to be something you'll have to fix etc.

If the update gets you up and running and fixes everything, I truly recommend not updating ever again.. every update will introduce errors.  There's just too many variables and too many things that you can't account for.  Some are minor where a game might not run etc; but some updates can make your drive unplayable until we figure out the bug and fix it.  If the drive can't be down for a period of time, don't update, or back up the working copy of the drive.  I have a clone of both 8tb drives i have, yes, that's expensive, but, that's how I protect it.  And, i'm pretty good at fixing stuff and configuring all the software on the drive... if i wasn't, all the more reason to back it up or not update unless you're willing to do some troubleshooting or wait for it to be solved and re-updated.

So, the funniest thing about this particular signature line is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything, it's too late to stop reading it

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Malone on Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:25 pm

Sorry!  i just got my drive at the beginning of dec. 2017.....i did not get a list of instructions of where to ask what questions...i thought general support might be the place to start.  sorry if i offended anyone!
Liam Malone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser on Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:55 pm

Liam Malone wrote:Sorry!  i just got my drive at the beginning of dec. 2017.....i did not get a list of instructions of where to ask what questions...i thought general support might be the place to start.  sorry if i offended anyone!

The place to start is here:

http://hyperarcades.forumotion.com/f5-common-problems-solutions-start-here

If that info doesn't give you what you need read through the "solved issues" section at the top of "General Support"

http://hyperarcades.forumotion.com/f17-solved-issues

We are a really small crew volunteering our help and we're getting burnt out repeating the work we have already done. I think soon repeat thread we will just have to delete without answering and move on since the solutions are already here. You are new so don't sweat it too much but I'm posting this for the benefit of everyone on the forum. You absolutely must read and be aware of what is already posted on this forum before creating a new support post. It takes about 10 minutes to look at every section of the forum and the titles of every single post we have on here (that includes the sections not related to support).

RIG: Stormtrooper Stryker, Gigabyte Gaming 7 MB, Skylake i5 6600k OC to 4.7ghz w/ Noctua D14 fan, R9 290x GPU, 16gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V, 1000w PSU, Samsung Evo 850 HD

Future arcade build (have most parts already) 4 player arcade with 2 aimtrack guns, 2 spinners, force feedback racing wheel and blissbox adapter with original controllers for the following systems: NES,SNES,Genesis(3 and 6 button controllers), N64, Dreamcast, Wii/WiiU, Xbox one. Might add PS2 controllers but I always hated those.
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 307
Hi Scores : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Malone on Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:13 am

Thank you!
Liam Malone

Back to top Go down

Post by James M on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:16 pm

Sorry man, I was frustrated... that was about the 20th post with the same question this week. It's exhausting.

I know you're a new user, you have every right to ask questions and probably shouldn't know what quite to do. Many longtime users just ignore all the posts, the help files, and everything else and ask here. I point them where they should have gotten the info, but that takes almost as much time as solving it for them... at the end of the day, they're wasting our time and theirs.

Marking this solved, glad we got you pointed in the right direction!

James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top