Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SOLVED!] Sega Ring Edge Wheel unzips files to incorrect directory structure (appears extracting to wrong place, temp fix ITT, will fix next update)

+2
Madmac
Darren Thomas
6 posters

Go down

[SOLVED!] Sega Ring Edge Wheel unzips files to incorrect directory structure (appears extracting to wrong place, temp fix ITT, will fix next update) Empty [SOLVED!] Sega Ring Edge Wheel unzips files to incorrect directory structure (appears extracting to wrong place, temp fix ITT, will fix next update)

Post by Darren Thomas Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:16 pm

Hi Guys

I have been playing around with the Ring Edge wheel and noticed on (at least) Mario Kart and Virtua Tennis 4 that the executables are being unzipped into the incorrect directory.

For example Teknoparrot is looking for the extracted file in c:\temp\Mario Kart DX\mk_agp3_FINAL.exe

But the actual location that Hyperspin is extracting it to is c:\temp\Mario kart dx\Mariok Kart DX\mk_agp3_FINAL.exe

The same is also true for Virtua Tennis 4 (and I assume others - haven't tested).

I tested that Mario Kart was working through Hyperspin by manually copying the extracted files to c:\temp\Mario Kart DX\mk_agp3_FINAL.exe

Can you guys verify you are seeing the same thing or is it just my system? James if this is verified, can this change be made in next update?

(On a side note my Teknoparrot on the drive kept crashing every time it was fired up - I downloaded teknoparrot from the teknoparrot site and copied over the exe and dlls to the drive and that seemed to fix it. The file version for the exe had the same time and date stamp)
Darren Thomas
Darren Thomas

Bonus Coins : 96
Hi Scores : 3

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED!] Sega Ring Edge Wheel unzips files to incorrect directory structure (appears extracting to wrong place, temp fix ITT, will fix next update) Empty Re: [SOLVED!] Sega Ring Edge Wheel unzips files to incorrect directory structure (appears extracting to wrong place, temp fix ITT, will fix next update)

Post by Darren Thomas Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:12 pm

Hi Guys

Anyone else seeing this?
Darren Thomas
Darren Thomas

Bonus Coins : 96
Hi Scores : 3

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED!] Sega Ring Edge Wheel unzips files to incorrect directory structure (appears extracting to wrong place, temp fix ITT, will fix next update) Empty Re: [SOLVED!] Sega Ring Edge Wheel unzips files to incorrect directory structure (appears extracting to wrong place, temp fix ITT, will fix next update)

Post by Madmac Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:50 pm

Darren Thomas wrote:Hi Guys

I have been playing around with the Ring Edge wheel and noticed on (at least) Mario Kart and Virtua Tennis 4 that the executables are being unzipped into the incorrect directory.

For example Teknoparrot is looking for the extracted file in c:\temp\Mario Kart DX\mk_agp3_FINAL.exe

But the actual location that Hyperspin is extracting it to is c:\temp\Mario kart dx\Mariok Kart DX\mk_agp3_FINAL.exe

The same is also true for Virtua Tennis 4 (and I assume others - haven't tested).

I tested that Mario Kart was working through Hyperspin by manually copying the extracted files to c:\temp\Mario Kart DX\mk_agp3_FINAL.exe

Can you guys verify you are seeing the same thing or is it just my system? James if this is verified, can this change be made in next update?

(On a side note my Teknoparrot on the drive kept crashing every time it was fired up - I downloaded teknoparrot from the teknoparrot site and copied over the exe and dlls to the drive and that seemed to fix it. The file version for the exe had the same time and date stamp)

It is extracting to the wrong place as you described.

Madmac

Bonus Coins : 10
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by zeenon71 Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:12 pm

If you goto D:\Arcade\Emulators\TechnoParrot\UserProfiles\MKDX.xml

and temporarily change the <GamePath> to c:\temp\Mario kart DX\Mario Kart DX\mk_agp3_FINAL.exe

I'm guessing it will work, but that doesn't solve the underlying issue of the double folder it's extracting to. I haven't played with TP yet as I'm making my own issue list/fixes in a forum post.

Z

zeenon71

Bonus Coins : 188
Hi Scores : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by James M Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:43 am

Investigating and will fix on next update.
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Dale Tue May 01, 2018 3:54 pm

just wondering if this works for everyone else because I am having trouble getting any of these games to work except street fighter 4 for some reason. Most don't load at all. Wacky Races I can get to load but controls are screwed up. They are fine for street fighter 4. I am not familar at all with this emulation. It doesn't seem to have a nice emulator like dolphin or mame where I can edit controls. Just wondering what is going on. The games look awesome and would be fun but I can't get these to work. My drive is working fine now except for that and bigbox but bigbox is not a big deal.
Michael Dale
Michael Dale

Bonus Coins : 142
Hi Scores : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenon64 Mon May 07, 2018 6:48 pm

Yeah Ringedge has been a HUGE problem for me. For most games, Teknoparrot will error out. Tried a fresh install/update too.

It will extract, state loading complete, and then Teknoparrot error will pop up stating it cannot be started. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit.
Xenon64
Xenon64

Bonus Coins : 8
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down