Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House of the Dead 2 and House of the Dead EX under the MAME and gun wheel don't work

5 posters

Go down

House of the Dead 2 and House of the Dead EX under the MAME and gun wheel don't work Empty House of the Dead 2 and House of the Dead EX under the MAME and gun wheel don't work

Post by Control4reak Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:41 pm

Both load into a blank screen with no sound and alt+tab fails to show it running in the background. Any suggestions. ALso, House of the Dead for PC opens in a very small window and doesn't allow any control.

Just curious if anyone has these working yet?

Control4reak

Bonus Coins : 70
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

House of the Dead 2 and House of the Dead EX under the MAME and gun wheel don't work Empty Re: House of the Dead 2 and House of the Dead EX under the MAME and gun wheel don't work

Post by zeenon71 Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:29 am

So here are MY opinions/suggestions....

1) (I did not know this) Googling MAME HOTD yields a few posts that have the same error as you (and I) in which the game does not work in MAME.

2) For House of the Dead on PC, I'm assuming you mean House of the Dead 3? Sorry I only have the 16TB drive so I don't know if Chris installed different versions on older drives.

HOTD3 needs something on C: or in the reg to work correctly. The HOTD3 included on the drive can't be configured when you try to click Graphic/Controller Settings (hod3launch.exe).

So this is what I did, goto the google drive @ http://igg-games.com/house-of-the-dead-free-download-1-2-3.html and download the file. Extract and install HOTD3, to ANOTHER folder, DO NOT overwrite HOTD3 that is currently on the drive. Now that this HOTD3 has written the correct files, you can go back to the original HOTD3, click on the hod3launch.exe and config your controllers and screen size.

As a side note, if your going to use HOTD2 from the above link, you need to set the compatibility mode on the exe to WinXP.

Z

zeenon71

Bonus Coins : 188
Hi Scores : 13

Back to top Go down

House of the Dead 2 and House of the Dead EX under the MAME and gun wheel don't work Empty Re: House of the Dead 2 and House of the Dead EX under the MAME and gun wheel don't work

Post by Fearhasnocure Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:51 am

yeah there indeed something from when you go into shooting games section for house of the dead 2 loads up but just a black screen can this be fixed?

Fearhasnocure

Bonus Coins : 51
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by zeenon71 Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:04 pm

This thread is 2 yrs old so I'm not sure how correct the info is:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=148086.0

zeenon71

Bonus Coins : 188
Hi Scores : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by James M Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:32 am

Investigating

Sent from Topic'it App
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty Fenwick Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:33 am

Control4reak, You are correct. Mame games are constantly evolving towards (unplayable) to (Working). In Mame HOTD, HOTD2 and HOTDex even with updated audited roms these will still not work. This is not Chris's harddrives fault. Another Mame wheel (Hyper NeoGeo64) plays but the sound is aweful, so I removed it. I hope to be able to include the HOTD, etc. games from another emulator. I'll update this when I do.

Marty Fenwick

Bonus Coins : 71
Hi Scores : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down