Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas Instruments Parsec - not loading

3 posters

Go down

Texas Instruments Parsec - not loading Empty Texas Instruments Parsec - not loading

Post by dayoff Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:42 pm

Should Parsec on the Ti99 work?  I see two entries, one is 'Parsec' and another is 'Parsec USA'.  The first one doesn't have a preview, and errors out, not being able to find the rom, the second one has a preview video, and it starts to launch/extract, and just goes back to hyperspin.  Tried it directly in Rocketlauncher, and it's the same situation.

Pete

dayoff

Bonus Coins : 32
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Texas Instruments Parsec - not loading Empty Re: Texas Instruments Parsec - not loading

Post by James M Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:24 am

TBH I'm surprised that emulator even worked. It must be a duplicate, we'll remove it from the XML.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Moderator wrote:
FYI Marking this post solved, this doesn't mean that we will not continue to help with this issue.  Moving this because the above will solve this issue 99% of the time and help other users; so we want to get it to the SOLVED section.  

We are putting this in the SOLVED but unsorted thread.  It is unlocked and you can still reply.  If you are still personally having the same issue, please continue to post in this thread and we will continue to assist if we can

When your issue is solved; or, if we don't hear back for 2 weeks; we will finalize this thread by moving it to the right category in the solved issues.  The moving of the post is to help others, it doesn't mean we are ending viewing this thread.
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Texas Instruments Parsec - not loading Empty Re: Texas Instruments Parsec - not loading

Post by dayoff Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:25 am

Question, when do these changes usually come along to the build?  (having two Parsecs and neither of them work?) Noticed the latest update doesn't reflect these changes..does that usually make it's way over to a syncovery update, or something i should be manually changing?

dayoff

Back to top Go down

Post by dayoff Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:07 pm

...Question - I don't think any of the Ti99 roms work...can anyone run any of them? From what I can tell, it seems like the roms are for another version of MESS. I may be wrong, but I tried like 10-15 of them, and none would load. When I tried to run it from the commandline with mess directly, i get 'FATALERROR: Device TI-99 cartridge load failed: Invalid image. If I load up a TI99 emulator and load the rom, it seems ok.

dayoff

Back to top Go down

Post by James M Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:23 pm

I'm not sure, we might have to switch emulators then.

It was supposed to be on the update late Feb; Chris marked it as fixed when I sent him the issue on the duplicate. Not quite sure, I'm finding a lot of stuff missing from that update.
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by dayoff Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:13 am

Just curious - what was the update supposed to cover?  Neither roms worked, I was just pointing out that there were two of them... When I opened up the two roms directly this weekend, they are actually listed as 'part 1 of 2' and 'part 2 of 2'...sort of strange as this is a fairly small cartridge....not quite sure why there would need to be two parts to it.  Smile

...but I think you're right, the emulator really has to be checked out, as nothing works. Sad

dayoff

Back to top Go down

Post by zeenon71 Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:35 pm

I just want to link this to the other forum post:

https://hyperarcades.forumotion.com/t711-ti99-roms-don-t-work

Once you do what I stated in the other thread, try the Parsec (green wheel image, not black)

Z

zeenon71

Bonus Coins : 188
Hi Scores : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down