Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[EMULATOR] PSX not loading any games

3 posters

Go down

[EMULATOR] PSX not loading any games Empty [EMULATOR] PSX not loading any games

Post by peterj116 Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:15 pm

Does Playstation still use a variety of emulators?
Every game I try has the same issue - game extracts but then I get nothing but a while screen with usually the game sounds.

I thought I'd try running directly through ePSXe to see what's happening, but that will only load iso files.
Any ideas?

peterj116

Bonus Coins : 70
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

[EMULATOR] PSX not loading any games Empty Re: [EMULATOR] PSX not loading any games

Post by ShyTalk Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:25 pm

My guess is that most people have switched over to using Retroarch instead of PSX. PSX is fine but my experience is that Retroarch is generally better. Meanwhile, ePSXe is good if you’re happy to mess around with all of the different options for different games.

ShyTalk

Bonus Coins : 21

Back to top Go down

[EMULATOR] PSX not loading any games Empty Re: [EMULATOR] PSX not loading any games

Post by peterj116 Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:46 pm

I figured it was the BIOS since it's affecting all games.
RocketLauncher says it's running pSX.
So I checked the BIOS there & games run fine directly through the emulator.
So strange that the frontend can't run it.
All games have no BIOS load screen & games have sound but just a white screen

peterj116

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Powell Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:37 pm

Hi Peter,
I ran Spyro on PSX a couple of days ago without any issues, so it works ok, at least for that game. I believe the reason for Chris sticking with the older PSX as against Retroarch or ePSXe is for greater compatibility - but you can always specify specific games to use a different emulator if you wanted to take the time to set it up that way.

If the game runs from the emulator but not via hyperspin, its most likely something screwed up in the rocketlauncher settings - to troubleshoot your issue, I'd suggest deleting the PSX folder from \Emulators (make sure you copy out your saved games folder under "memcards" first if you need to), and then also delete the psx.ini file from \RocketLauncher\Settings, and also in \Arcade\Settings - then resync to get fresh files from the server. (note, I'm not in front of my drive at the moment so above paths may be not be exactly right, but you'll find them easy enough).

rgds
Sean Powell
Sean Powell

Bonus Coins : 145
Hi Scores : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by peterj116 Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:41 pm

Thankyou for that. I'd love to try but despite repeated requests via Facebook posts, emails & PMs on Facebook directly to Chris, I still can't get access to the update page, so don't have the password. But I will try that once I get it. I hope.

peterj116

Back to top Go down

Post by ShyTalk Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:45 pm

Also, with PSX games (and assuming you don’t update like me), some games on the drive that use 2 or more disks (Abe, Metal Gear, Resi Evil) have messed up isos which need re-naming otherwise they don’t work.

I don’t think i’ve had any problems with Retroarch with any game so far. Weird how the bios screen runs slight;y slower than it should - barely works at all on PSX emulator Smile

ShyTalk

Bonus Coins : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by peterj116 Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:50 pm

I was mucking around with the emulator settings & found the problem - in the Display tab, brightness, contrast etc were all turned up to 100% by default.... Working now.

Next trick is to get into Chris' update page. One day.

Thanks for your help.

peterj116

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Powell Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:52 pm

Good catch - I should have thought of that when you said "white screen"!
Not sure what the issue with getting access to the updates page is - I've only had to email him a couple of times but when I have, I've had a response within 48hrs.

I might try running Spyro under an alternate emulator just to check performance at some stage - it runs fine, but the gfx aren't as good as I had hoped - kinda looks like they've been scaled down to the basics, maybe for performance.
Sean Powell
Sean Powell

Bonus Coins : 145
Hi Scores : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down