Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Syncovery - Taking all my bandwidth! (Useful Software)

Go down

Syncovery - Taking all my bandwidth! (Useful Software) Empty Syncovery - Taking all my bandwidth! (Useful Software)

Post by kadrik0 Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 pm

I use netlimiter 4. It is a free program where it lists all your programs, you have to put a check next to syncovery, and then you can set the bandwith you want to limit it to.

I have a 24mb internet connection but it is capless. I have syncovery set to 1.5MB (aka 15mbps) in Netlimiter 4 so I have nearly 9mb for up to three tvs to watch hulu, netflix, and slingtv. If I don’t limit we can’t use our magicjack phone, internet tv, or play online games. This is a life saver.

You can do this in netlimiter but I ended up going the batch file route. I have task scheduler set to run a batch file at 11:30pm to close netlimiter and another task to turn netlimiter at 5am so that when we are all sleeping syncovery has full use of our bandwidth. This is overkill. You can just close and reopen manually.

Just be careful, you set this wrong in netlimiter and you can either block or seriously slow your syncovery download.

This will slow your downloading by about a 1/3 if you are anything like my setup but it is worth it. My family was about to kill me since upgrading drives takes 6 weeks or longer for me. Lucky to download 120gb a day. Darn little files. tongue

https://www.netlimiter.com

kadrik0

Bonus Coins : 48
Hi Scores : 5

Back to top Go down

Syncovery - Taking all my bandwidth! (Useful Software) Empty Re: Syncovery - Taking all my bandwidth! (Useful Software)

Post by kadrik0 Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:29 pm

Pic of net limiter settings. On the right next to syncovery just click edit, select the mb drop down, and then enter your number. Remember 1MB is equal to 10Mb.

Syncovery - Taking all my bandwidth! (Useful Software) Sync10

My close netlimiter script.
taskkill /im nlclientapp.exe

My open netlimiter script. This is windows 10 64bit.
c:
cd..
cd..
cd program files
cd locktime software
cd netlimiter 4
start nlclientapp.exe
rem done

Great website to help you make the task scheduler.
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-schedule-batch-file-run-automatically-windows-7

In a nutshell I just made a closenl.bat file and copied the command above into it. Same for opennl.bat with the open command. Then I just set a scheduled task at 11:30 to run the close bat file and a 2nd task at 5am to run the open bat.

kadrik0

Bonus Coins : 48
Hi Scores : 5

Back to top Go down