Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tweaks and fixes

3 posters

Go down

Tweaks and fixes    Empty Tweaks and fixes

Post by smartfx Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:38 pm

As requested on FB for vetting. The tweaks and fixes i spoke about including American laser games working with aimtrak.
Heres a list of the tweaks ive made...i have all these files backed up..

Databases;
COLLECTION SORTING...

MORTAL KOMBAT KOLLECTION
>Trilogy PS1 has been replaced with the N64 version as this version works fine without hitch.
>MEDIA folders have also been included and updated to reflect the database changes and additions

GUN GAMES
>Sorted and added additional games including Virtua Cop 1, 2. And working versions of HOUSE OF THE DEAD 1,2 Now using NAOMI not MAME
>MEDIA folders have also been included and updated to reflect the database changes and additions

DOUBLE DRAGON COLLECTION
>Added Double Dragon Neon.exe to 8tb+ drive as this file was missing
>Updated module to reflect the change
This makes the collection a full working collection fort 8tb users.

EMULATOR FIXES
>Demule and PSX....Simply right clicking on the emu >Properties>compatability>check 'disable fulscreen enhancements' (no menu bar on top)
>AHK for PSX and Demule eddited to enable fullscreen plus changed aspect ratio. (RATIO relevent when either using 1080p or 1024. 16:9 IF 1080P)
>Added MAME196 as alternative emu in Rocket Launcher to be used with Lethal Enforcers to fix no sound problem.
>PSX2 updated to latest version to fix various graphic problems with MORTAL KOMBAT shaolin Monks, Call of Duty etc. This also includes stabel and tested settings.
>PSX updated to newest version to fix glitchy graphics and sound issues with games (This also includes newer and more stable version of PSX bios) This has shown a notable change even when PSX starts up (improved graphics and sound on SONY PSX loading screen) and games.

ROM FIXES
>'READY 2 RUMBLE Boxing' (The 1st one) for Dreamcast as there was 2 'READY 2 RUMBLE BOXING ROUND 2''s
>'Loaded' for PSX as previous version had no background music
>AMERICAN LASER GAMES (All BATCH FILES HAVE BEEN EDITED TO ALLOW FOR AIMTRAK UTILISATION)
>Mame settings include my setup of AIMTRAK to work with the likes of TERMINATOR 2, LASER GHOST and ALIEN3 etc (My PC auto sets AIMTRAK to GUN2 so it makes no difference running the HYPER SETUP to find XBOX controller and AIMTRAK ID's.
>Game settings for gun games like screen rotated to 0'degrees....previously all set to 90'degrees.

ROCKET LAUNCHER SETTINGS
>Rocket launcher settings for enabling Bezel on PSX also assists on enabling fullscreen for a few emus.
Basically setup the global settings to save a bezel change after holding down the XBOX shoulder button for 4 seconds. This can change some stubborn emus to fullscreen.
Handy if you have a widescreen tv. Atleast with this enabled..users have the option of changing screen size if they have a large TV.  

TOOLS
>Updated Arcade Guns to latest version. Found this to work perfectly with Aimtrak gun. Previous version would not recognise Firmware nor side button input.

CUSTOM USER SETTINGS INFO
i have found that setting my 4K TV to 1024 RES fixes a few positional issues. I have tried every res setting to fix the end game screens which position off to the bottom right when exitting, even tried rocketlauncher ratio settings. But found..to fix this..i need to set windows display to 1024. strange...but maybe handy for anyone else experiencing the same thing.

Last edited by smartfx on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total

smartfx

Bonus Coins : 4
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Tweaks and fixes    Empty Re: Tweaks and fixes

Post by Marty Fenwick Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:04 am

Hey smartfx,  Just read your fixes and very nice job. I also made some changes to American Laser Games and also to the Action Max Games. To be honest, it has been so long since I made these I don't recall what these changes were for? I believe the changes were about: (adding)  -fullscreen_window   but it's been too long, not sure. Anyway I know these work for me:   American Laser GamesTweaks and fixes    Americ11
Action Max Games Tweaks and fixes    Action10

My guess is these have already been fixed in newer harddrive versions ( mine's June 2017 ). If you're updating your harddrive, smartfx fixes should take care of this, if not match these .bat files for your system roms games in American Laser and Action Max and these should work.

On my to do list:
1) Mame settings include my setup of AIMTRAK to work with the likes of TERMINATOR 2, LASER GHOST and ALIEN3 etc (My PC auto sets AIMTRAK to GUN2 so it makes no difference running the HYPER SETUP to find XBOX controller and AIMTRAK ID's.  
2)Sorted and added additional games including Virtua Cop 1, 2. And working versions of HOUSE OF THE DEAD 1,2 Now using NAOMI not MAME. May have a couple questions.

Thanks again, Marty

Marty Fenwick

Bonus Coins : 71
Hi Scores : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by smartfx Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:19 am

Not a problem Marty.

And you are correct in guessing that the .bat files for American Laser Games each need to be edited with the full-screen line.

Sure any questions regarding these tweaks just ask.

Smartfx

smartfx

Bonus Coins : 4
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by zeenon71 Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:06 pm

I'm going to have to pick your brain, when I have time. I just configured my xinmo (p1p2) and two xbox360 (p3p4) on my 16tb image now I need to add my 2 aimtraks. Last time I did this, I hosed up my controllers.

smartfx, are these files available for download?

Z

zeenon71

Bonus Coins : 188
Hi Scores : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum