Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arcade Designs and Builds Thread

4 posters

Go down

The Arcade Designs and Builds Thread Empty The Arcade Designs and Builds Thread

Post by Sahadd Prawser Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:01 pm

This is a place where you can post resources on how to build your own arcade and concept ideas for finished products. I have most of the parts I need to set mine up but still have to build the box. I'm looking at a "pedestal" style arcade for space reasons. In the future you can always add a box and screen to it later so it is a nice option but for now I will hang a tv on the wall. I have some resources put together on my home computer with websites that offer measurements, blueprints etc and will get to posting those later.

Here is a link to a pedestal build:

https://imgur.com/gallery/2MfZ6

The Arcade Designs and Builds Thread ORTe7B8

And here is one you can just buy ( I'm not affiliated with any business or get any incentives to promote anything) :

http://retroactivearcade.ca/4-player-pedestal/   (Canada Based)

http://centerpiecearcades.com/ (USA Based - An affiliate with Chris Shaw Drive as listed on https://www.hyperarcadesystems.com/)
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 419
Hi Scores : 25

Back to top Go down

The Arcade Designs and Builds Thread Empty Re: The Arcade Designs and Builds Thread

Post by Sahadd Prawser Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:51 pm

This is the most impressive one I have seen yet, aspire to greatness my friends...

Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

The Arcade Designs and Builds Thread Empty Re: The Arcade Designs and Builds Thread

Post by JustMarioBros Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:41 pm

Sahadd Prawser wrote:This is the most impressive one I have seen yet, aspire to greatness my friends...

I'm assuming this is what you were talking about. wow... So this is the Ferrari of arcade cabinets. It's always good to have something to look up to for inspiration.
JustMarioBros
JustMarioBros

Bonus Coins : 130
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:43 pm

Indeed
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by JustMarioBros Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:44 pm

At least this confirms that you can use USB devices for flight games and racing games. I just need to know what he means with "modified".
JustMarioBros
JustMarioBros

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:32 pm

There are some q&a in the comments I think the main mod was he made the guns wireless.
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcux Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:26 am

JustMarioBros wrote:
Sahadd Prawser wrote:This is the most impressive one I have seen yet, aspire to greatness my friends...

I'm assuming this is what you were talking about. wow... So this is the Ferrari of arcade cabinets. It's always good to have something to look up to for inspiration.

I dunno, I still like mine better, I still have a dynamic marquee and a controls screen over that guy. He has no spinners or coin slots on that!. I have wired guns with kickback (why they are not wireless) I have the steering wheel and foot pedals, but I don't want to connect it to my control panel and scratch my cp plexi Wink

I didn't want o put led lights everywhere because I wanted it to look like an arcade cabinet, not an amusement park..

I put mine into the cabinet build forum on here.
Marcux
Marcux

Bonus Coins : 30
Hi Scores : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by JustMarioBros Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:48 am

I gotta say I love me some arcade amusement parks lol.
JustMarioBros
JustMarioBros

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcux Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:49 am

Lol, i'll have to add LED backlighting to mine then Wink
Marcux
Marcux

Bonus Coins : 30
Hi Scores : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:52 am

New post full of pictures and / or video or it doesn't exist Marcux! Wink oh wait you did create one!

Marcux wrote:
JustMarioBros wrote:

I dunno, I still like mine better, I still have a dynamic marquee and a controls screen over that guy. He has no spinners or coin slots on that!. I have wired guns with kickback (why they are not wireless) I have the steering wheel and foot pedals, but I don't want to connect it to my control panel and scratch my cp plexi Wink

I didn't want o put led lights everywhere because I wanted it to look like an arcade cabinet, not an amusement park..

I put mine into the cabinet build forum on here.
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:36 pm

Here is an excellent site discussing components, builds and templates you can use to design your arcade:

http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick.html

Site with different builds and arcade cabinet plans

http://www.arcadecab.com

How to install Utrack trackball

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/?topic=83988.0

Last edited by Sahadd Prawser on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by JustMarioBros Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:22 pm

Slagcoin is a lifesaver. Anyone who wants to build their own project has to have that bookmarked for sure.
JustMarioBros
JustMarioBros

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:42 pm

Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by James M Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:45 am

I saw this video years ago, the "modified" part is his amazing controller he built that does LED light + Rotary + TopFire.... incredible. He also did a super cool gun mod that looks legit.

I tried msging this guy, would love to see his work how he did the custom stuff.
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down