Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To (And Please) Register Your FaceBook to Forum Acct (and Why)

+24
ecory0
samadama
RickyTTT
eyedocbuzz
drw4013
Lefneer311
Everant
Sean Powell
scrotty
Angel R
Shanon
YouuShiii
lew7197
Mima713
expbaby
epicrean
KSS5
MichaelM
mjohnson007
James M
jumpster
Miguel Joel Gauthier
333done
Sahadd Prawser
28 posters

Go down

How To (And Please) Register Your FaceBook to Forum Acct (and Why) Empty How To (And Please) Register Your FaceBook to Forum Acct (and Why)

Post by James M Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:48 am

We ask that ALL users please Associate your Facebook account with your forum account.

If you used the "Log in with Facebook" option to start your account and to log in, you're already good.

If not, here's why... we have a closed group only for PAID users, so that we don't get crappy bandwidth or friends giving friends free access to updates to download the entire drive.  So, we must check each user.  The main list is the facebook group.  If we can't see your facebook account, we can't tell you are a paid user.

Please do this, it takes 3 clicks:

1) Goto "Profile"
2) Click "Preferences"
3) Click the blue "Associate your FaceBook Account" button

That's it!  You'll be fully registered.

Any accounts not registered will be deactivated until it has been completed.
How To (And Please) Register Your FaceBook to Forum Acct (and Why) ZWLdM0F
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

How To (And Please) Register Your FaceBook to Forum Acct (and Why) Empty Re: How To (And Please) Register Your FaceBook to Forum Acct (and Why)

Post by Sahadd Prawser Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:45 am

I will also add that we don't have any type of monetization anywhere in this forum or part of the setup. So this facebook association is purely for security and knowing "who is who" since many people have not kept their facebook and forum names consistently the same. Thanks!
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 419
Hi Scores : 25

Back to top Go down

How To (And Please) Register Your FaceBook to Forum Acct (and Why) Empty Re: How To (And Please) Register Your FaceBook to Forum Acct (and Why)

Post by 333done Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:04 am

yes that is fine,if you have a FB ACCOUNT , BUT I CHOSE TO LEAVE FB YEARS AGO

333done

Bonus Coins : 5
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:23 pm

333done wrote:yes that is fine,if you have a FB ACCOUNT , BUT I CHOSE TO LEAVE FB YEARS AGO

You could create a fresh account and only use it for access to Chris's facebook group. You will not be able to receive the current updates on what Chris is doing or when passwords are changed if you don't have access to that group. That is the only place the current information is allowed to be posted. Just make a profile put mostly fake info on it if you like and let Chris know who you are so he can verify that you purchased the drive setup. Then you will have full access. These are security measures put in place to protect the drive content from re-sellers. Apologies for the inconvenience but it will only take you a few minutes to do.
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by 333done Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:01 am

yes i have just done so .

333done

Back to top Go down

Post by James M Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks 333Done for mentioning that, and Sahadd for answering. Good points both.

Also, in addition, we do not do anything with Facebook, it's only the most complete list of 'approved' users besides Chris' email receipts. We didn't have an easily formatted list; but, by merging your acct with facebook acct, we can see a little checkbox and quickly approve new people.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but, we're doing this for free in our spare time to help, and that's the easiest way for us.
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Miguel Joel Gauthier Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:17 pm

hey guys wishing everybody a happy new years keep up the great work:) i just reinstalled windows as i had a bad virus.now looking for password for the install setup. any help Would be very appreciated thanks
Miguel Joel Gauthier
Miguel Joel Gauthier

Bonus Coins : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by James M Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:02 pm

Michael that’s easy... there’s two passwords and both are in he pinned post on FB group. There’s an INSTALL password, you’ll need that to run the “initial setup” program in the first folder on the D drive (D:\1. Initial Setup\) the other one is the SYNCOVERY/UPDATE password. You do that after the initial install I mentioned above and then the Update process is in (D:\2. Update) folder.

Both passwords are in the FB pinned post. To see it, click on the Hyper Updates group on the left side of Facebook and the firs post is a pinned post by chris. Click “see more” so you can see the whole post and it’ll be in there.

Sent from Topic'it App
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by jumpster Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:22 pm

Is the facebook linking broken - I originally tried to register and got and error - when I try to associate my account, I get the same error "App Not Setup: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions."

jumpster

Bonus Coins : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by James M Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:05 am

Yeah something just changed yesterday on FB and screwed everyone using that module over... not our users, but all forumotion based sites that used that connect module.

Were trying to fix but it’s not easy. Stay tuned here.

Sent from Topic'it App
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by mjohnson007 Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:16 am

Tried and I get the following error

"App not set up: this app is still in development mode, and you do not have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permission"

So can I have permission... :-)
M

mjohnson007

Bonus Coins : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:33 pm

It is fixed as of now thanks to the mysterious and magical Adam...
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by mjohnson007 Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:36 am

thanks, worked like a charm... Smile

mjohnson007

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelM Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:40 pm

I only see this post in paid users, but I linked with facebook and all.
Dont really know what I should be able to see?!

Have I been given the correct access?
MichaelM
MichaelM

Bonus Coins : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by James M Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:14 pm

There is only "Guest" and "Member" sections, there is no "paid" user. You're fine; you're not a guest.
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by KSS5 Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:32 am

New to all this but registered and still downloading/installing 8 TB of files!! Shocked

Umm...I don't have a FB acct AND I'm not setting an acct up. If and when I ever need to reinstall, can't I just email Chris for the current install password?

Thanks,

Matt
KSS5
KSS5

Bonus Coins : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by epicrean Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:57 pm

I just linked my account....

A couple of possible issues

1. The email address used to purchase the drive is different than the email address I used to register here
2. My facebook email account is different than the email address used to purchase the drive and different than my FB account.

I have all the emails from Chris, just want to get everything setup.
epicrean
epicrean

Bonus Coins : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:13 am

Our system is in place to avoid extra messages to Chris, he services a group of 700+ people and cannot take time to manually complete processes we already have in place. Set up a fake facebook account without any of your real info and link it to the email address you used to sign up for this forum. Then everything will link properly and Chris can add you to the arcade facebook group for update information. Everything will then work properly. If you choose to not setup a fake facebook account you are simply forgoing the option to have free future updates which is your choice but I would recommend the fake account route.

KSS5 wrote:New to all this but registered and still downloading/installing 8 TB of files!! Shocked

Umm...I don't have a FB acct AND I'm not setting an acct up.  If and when I ever need to reinstall, can't I just email Chris for the current install password?

Thanks,

Matt
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:18 am

Are you seeing a full forum yet? Or just a few areas with limited posts?

epicrean wrote:I just linked my account....

A couple of possible issues

1.  The email address used to purchase the drive is different than the email address I used to register here
2.  My facebook email account is different than the email address used to purchase the drive and different than my FB account.

I have all the emails from Chris, just want to get everything setup.  
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by epicrean Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:49 pm

I believe I am seeing the full forum but not 100%   I see the help section, the show of your rig section.  Not sure what else is out there.

When I click the "Paid" section, the only thing I see is this post about linking FB accounts
epicrean
epicrean

Back to top Go down

Post by epicrean Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:26 pm

so how do we get an invite to the FB group?
epicrean
epicrean

Back to top Go down

Post by expbaby Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:24 am

I just set up a new forum account and associated my Facebook username to it. I’m still not sure if I’m seeing the entire forum. When i go to preferences and look at the “associate Facebook option” there is no option or status of whether I’m associated.

Here are the categories I’m seeing.

How To (And Please) Register Your FaceBook to Forum Acct (and Why) 15247410

Sent from Topic'it App

expbaby

Bonus Coins : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Mima713 Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:07 am

Hello. It seems I cannot find the "Secret Facebook" anymore to get de update-pw for my 16Tb Bad ass setup. Can you please re-add me as a payed up member?

Thanks

Michiel Marchau

Mima713

Back to top Go down

Post by lew7197 Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:57 pm

Same here. Can you please add me to the secret group now i've linked my Facebook account? Thanks!

lew7197

Bonus Coins : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by YouuShiii Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:44 pm

Got the same problem. Can you add me back please ?

Thx
YouuShiii
YouuShiii

Back to top Go down

Post by YouuShiii Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:45 pm

BTW we can't post into any support section ?
I have an install problem and I can't post a new Topic Sad
YouuShiii
YouuShiii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:19 am

You only get invited to the facebook group by Chris once you buy the drive from him. If you have already purchased please contact him directly.

epicrean wrote:so how do we get an invite to the FB group?
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shanon Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:39 am

Hello, I cannot find the "Secret Facebook" anymore.  Please let me know what I need to do.  I can't remember Chris's email so I'm unable to contact him directly.  Please help.

Shanon

Bonus Coins : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel R Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Hi guys. New here. Hello. I purchased cloud 2tb yesterday. No link to dl yet. Also, may i be invited to the super secret fb gtoup? Tyty

Angel R

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:13 am

You can also contact Chris through his website that you initially purchased from. He is the ONLY person who can invite you to the facebook group. That is the only place to get syncovery update information from that is current.

Shanon wrote:Hello, I cannot find the "Secret Facebook" anymore.  Please let me know what I need to do.  I can't remember Chris's email so I'm unable to contact him directly.  Please help.
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:15 am

Welcome Angel. Chris will get back to his email replys, facebook invites etc in waves. This can take up to a month so please be patient. His inbox tends to get insanely full of messages and he leaves the email alone while he is working on the next upgrade to the drive before then catching up on emails.

Angel R wrote:Hi guys. New here. Hello. I purchased cloud 2tb yesterday. No link to dl yet. Also, may i be invited to the super secret fb gtoup? Tyty
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel R Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:03 pm

Got my email from Chris and currently downloading. THX

Angel R

Back to top Go down

Post by scrotty Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:33 pm

Just tried to associate the forum account to FB. Facebook won't allow because this forum isn't using a secure connection:

Facebook has detected HyperArcades Forum isn't using a secure connection to transfer information.

Until HyperArcades Forum updates its security settings, you won't be able to use Facebook to log into it.

scrotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Powell Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:41 pm

yeh, I get that too when logging into the forum - I just "ok" past it, but would be good if that can be fixed? I suspect it might be a forumotion issue out of the control of the admin's though...
Sean Powell
Sean Powell

Bonus Coins : 145
Hi Scores : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Everant Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:15 am

Yeah same boat Sad

Everant

Bonus Coins : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefneer311 Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:19 pm

Obviously my comment here isn't super productive; just adding to the chain. I'm unable to connect FB & Hyperarcades.forumotion.com accounts. Facebook is rejecting the attempt.

I'm attempting this while logged in to the forums (obviously) and also logged into FB in another tab.

It seems the result is the same if I'm not logged into FB.

This is likely a limitation of Forumotion.com, right?

Lefneer311

Back to top Go down

Post by drw4013 Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:08 pm

What there ever an update for this? We cannot connect accounts via Faceook due to the secure connection error.

This sticky should be updated.

drw4013

Back to top Go down

How To (And Please) Register Your FaceBook to Forum Acct (and Why) Empty Linking to Facebook

Post by eyedocbuzz Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:48 am

Tried to link account to Facebook using your instructions. Received error message: Facebook has detected HyperArcades Forum isn't using a secure connection to transfer information.
Until HyperArcades Forum updates its security settings, you won't be able to use Facebook to log into it.
Any suggestions?

eyedocbuzz

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyTTT Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:28 pm

I cannot link my fb neither, and I want to start the installation ASAP!!

RickyTTT

Back to top Go down

Post by samadama Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:12 am

I cannot link my profile either. Having the same issue

samadama

Back to top Go down

Post by ecory0 Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:46 pm

I get this error message from facebook
"App Not Setup: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions."

ecory0

Back to top Go down

Post by pappabees Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:03 am

I get the same error when trying to tie my FB account. Is this still being used? How do we link our account when we get app not setup issues? I am added to Chris's FB account and I am good there and in Discord

pappabees

Bonus Coins : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by wenzthis Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:52 pm

I'm getting the same "app not setup" error on FB when i try to add, Should we be using the discord group vs this one?

wenzthis

Back to top Go down

Post by gameoso Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:23 pm

I get this error message from facebook
"App Not Setup: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions."
gameoso
gameoso

Back to top Go down

How To (And Please) Register Your FaceBook to Forum Acct (and Why) Empty I am getting an error message...

Post by KingK76 Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:03 pm

When trying to associate with my FB account I get the error message: "App Not Setup: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions.". What needs to be done to rectify this? Can I simply ask for permission here?

KingK76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down