Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SOLVED!] How do I start over (info in Pinned Post 1a/1b and on drive)

4 posters

Go down

[SOLVED!] How do I start over (info in Pinned Post 1a/1b and on drive) Empty [SOLVED!] How do I start over (info in Pinned Post 1a/1b and on drive)

Post by Arcadejunkie Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:52 am

All,

I'm been trying since october to get my root files/updates etc to work and I've downloaded and ran the updater to do if you have not updated before October 2017 etc and every thing I try errors out on missing videos or I'm missing certain rom packs to do updates etc.......I know when I first bought this (Preconfigerd drive from Chris that he said I could just download it as well.   While I don't really want to hit an 8TB download again and I'm sure we don't want to see the server hit....I just want to get this back up and running again......I've looked through pinned posts etc and I don't see anything on how to update root files or to do a complete download if you lose a drive etc.....can anybody help me with the path/process etc?

Arcadejunkie

Bonus Coins : 30
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED!] How do I start over (info in Pinned Post 1a/1b and on drive) Empty Re: [SOLVED!] How do I start over (info in Pinned Post 1a/1b and on drive)

Post by James M Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:53 am

Hi, yes, the very first two Pinned posts, 1a and 1b are how you do the initial install. You need the download version, I think it’s 1a.

First you have to download EVERYTHING, you can not skip any sections or it won’t work. You then need to extract all the folders that need extracting to the right places... again this is all in that pinned post.

Once you have all that done, you still can’t update, you need to Install that drive on the computer. If you did the first extraction part correctly, you should have about 10 folders in your D:\ drives root, one starts with 1. Install... and the other is 2. update.....

You run the installer in folder 1, that will take 30min to an hour. After that is done, you can sync in folder 2.

You have to read all the information. There’s two videos in drive explaining all this, and it was in the pinned post. Hundreds of users got this working, so the setup works, your probably skipping a step or two. You gotta read all of it, reread those pinned posts as you do this, that will help.

Sent from Topic'it App
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED!] How do I start over (info in Pinned Post 1a/1b and on drive) Empty Re: [SOLVED!] How do I start over (info in Pinned Post 1a/1b and on drive)

Post by James M Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:20 am

FYI Marking this post solved, this doesn't mean that we will not continue to help with this issue. Moving this because the above will solve this issue 99% of the time and help other users; so we want to get it to the SOLVED section. If you are still personally having the same issue, please continue to post in this thread and we will continue to assist if we can; the moving of the post is to help others, it doesn't mean we are ending viewing this thread.
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcadejunkie Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:33 am

James,

I have looked through all past emails etc but can’t find anything from Chris with my initial PW for my 8tb purchase. How do I get that pw?

Sent from Topic'it App

Arcadejunkie

Bonus Coins : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyriic Mon May 21, 2018 2:29 pm

I am having the exact same issues as the original poster here. However I do still have my username and password but it seems the password may have changed. 8TB setup here as well.

My install never allowed me to do any updates. It alwasy saw my drive as a 5TB. I would also like to redo the initial install.
Cyriic
Cyriic

Bonus Coins : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyriic Fri May 25, 2018 7:13 am

I message admins... get little to no response.

Issues with this drive since day one getting it to update. 8 mos. Later I still habe an expensive a$$ paperweight. I know I am owed nothing... but dammit I honestly expected a little more than this. This is how it went w Chris Upchurch as well. I'm gonna be honest and say I am really disappointed.

Cyriic
Cyriic

Back to top Go down

Post by Naeromagus Fri May 25, 2018 2:57 pm

You cannot update? Did you try getting special files from Facebook group..? Trust me you did not waste $ maybe try another email to Chris. I know some one here can help. Look through the help posts on here.

Naeromagus

Bonus Coins : 36
Hi Scores : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyriic Fri May 25, 2018 6:16 pm

Of course I did, I sent several but I gave up.

I have a few times also corresponded with James. About two weeks ago. I was told the server was being maintained... and that it would be back up. It is back up... but my password does not work. I have messaged for new passwords and log in info and can see that my message was READ a few days ago... yet, here I sit with a paperweight going on 8 months now.

As things have updated and changed, and updated again. I fear that I am at this point so far removed; that yes, I so far can certainly say I have wasted time AND money. I apologize if I am coming off rude or in a poor light.. but, its been 8 months. I bought this drive with a confidence and feeling like hey, I found something great and was headed finally in the right direction after my experiences with Mr. Upchurch. That feeling was temporary.

It very well may be that this is a great product... but it hasnt been for me. I have been patient and polite this whole time. Often afraid to ask for assistance or to speak out for fear of being outcast or blasted. Sometimes I get the start of some help.. any idea here or there but then I essentially get abandoned. I give up asking for a few weeks... generally out of frustration but also for real life duties.

I have even email/messaged Chris and James inquiring about possibly purchasing a physical drive to save everyone some time. I havent even gotten any answer to that. I have asked 3 separate times over the past 6 mos.
Cyriic
Cyriic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyriic Fri May 25, 2018 6:19 pm

I have put up a few posts on the forums in the past... cpl marked as solved.    smh   NOPE

https://i.servimg.com/u/f62/19/91/78/41/captur10.png
Cyriic
Cyriic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyriic Mon May 28, 2018 12:23 pm

Please. How do I get a new password for the server
Messaged few admins.. posted here... still nothing. I'd love to get some help, real help. Something better than suggesting I email admins or marking my posts solved. I'd love for this drive to be able to update or work properly just once.
Cyriic
Cyriic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyriic Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:52 am

???   Anyone?   At least help me with a new server password please so I can attempt to help Myself.

Was told to turn on anydesk the other day so I could get some remote help... the help was a no show. I gave up some OT to be here since I have been trying to get help for months. This is so far NO DIFFERENT than when I tried buying a drive from Chris Upchurch. Promises made, promises broken.
Cyriic
Cyriic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down