Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arcade Monitor - Not the same old noob question.

3 posters

Go down

Arcade Monitor - Not the same old noob question.  Empty Arcade Monitor - Not the same old noob question.

Post by vga Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:36 pm

Hey all.
Just wanted to get some feedback on what folks are putting in their current builds.

Not intended to be a debate over old school CRT with scan lines vs new school flat panel LED/LCD.

I just wanted to get some CURRENT feedback concerning what displays you guys were choosing and why.
I'm currently using 32" LCDs for most of my cabinets, but I've debated going larger.
And I'm not using 4K displays, but with prices on LCD and LEDs coming WAAAAAY down, I was curious what you all were doing.

For me, the days of a $50 craigslist tv buy are all but over when I can get a brand new display for $200. But that's just me.

Also, looking to build my first Virtual Pinball rig this year and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for display size there.
I've heard bigger inst always better.
Cabinet is going to be a custom build cab, so I don't have to worry about it fitting an existing enclosure.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts.
vga
vga

Bonus Coins : 41
Hi Scores : 1

Back to top Go down

Arcade Monitor - Not the same old noob question.  Empty Re: Arcade Monitor - Not the same old noob question.

Post by Marty Fenwick Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:19 pm

Hello Vga,
CRT with scan lines vs new school flat panel LED/LCD - Go with crt if you have the right game room.
I went with a 24" monitor since I was designing a slim style arcade which is dictated by cabinet width.
Those choosing 32" monitors or larger are usually going for 4 player cabs, or wall hung pedestal cabs.
Goodluck with your design. Marty

Marty Fenwick

Bonus Coins : 71
Hi Scores : 8

Back to top Go down

Arcade Monitor - Not the same old noob question.  Empty Re: Arcade Monitor - Not the same old noob question.

Post by Sahadd Prawser Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:25 pm

I'm still using 1080p 32" right now. The vpin you want a 4k screen to get a more realistic look if you are converting to a 3d screen at some point. Usual sizes are 40" for close to real pinball size I think or 32" for smaller. I'd check in with Donald though, he knows a lot about this area!

https://www.youtube.com/user/donannis

Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 419
Hi Scores : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down