Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Emulator] (PSX/PS1) - No CD audio/music in any game

2 posters

Go down

[Emulator] (PSX/PS1) - No CD audio/music in any game Empty [Emulator] (PSX/PS1) - No CD audio/music in any game

Post by Russell Quayle Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:36 am

Hi guys

Is anyone able to help resolve my issue? Examples of this issue are: -

1.  When in Resident Evil, none of the background music in each room can be heard. All sound F/X working perfectly.

2.  When in Ridge Racer, none of the music tracks are playing during races, even the announcer on the main menu cannot be heard (as this is also a music/CD track). All other sound works fine.

Any ideas? Is there a way to check the settings for this emulator for issues like this?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Russell

Last edited by Russell Quayle on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Russell Quayle

Bonus Coins : 24
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

[Emulator] (PSX/PS1) - No CD audio/music in any game Empty Re: [Emulator] (PSX/PS1) - No CD audio/music in any game

Post by Russell Quayle Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:11 pm

Ok, so after looking more into this, PlayStation games launch into an emulator called pSX. The version is 1.13 and this looks to be from 2007. Launching games outside of Hyperspin also has the same problems with sound (no CD audio). Very few options are available to configure in the emulator itself and even the developers website is no longer available. Is this really the best emulator to use?

I see there is another PS1 emulator available on the drive called epsxe, launching this outside of Hyperspin resolves all my sound issues as everything plays fine. A lot more settings can also be tweaked in epsxe to improve graphics quality too. Does anyone know if it is easy to switch to this emulator within Hyperspin? Can I expect the controls to work? If anyone else has done this then I’d appreciate the help.

Many thanks,
Russell

Russell Quayle

Back to top Go down

[Emulator] (PSX/PS1) - No CD audio/music in any game Empty Re: [Emulator] (PSX/PS1) - No CD audio/music in any game

Post by James M Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:27 pm

We use both versions on the drive. Some games require the other version.
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Russell Quayle Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:54 pm

Thanks James, is it possible to make all games run in epsxe?

Russell Quayle

Back to top Go down

Post by James M Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:50 am

[Emulator] (PSX/PS1) - No CD audio/music in any game 15220610

Sent from Topic'it App
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Russell Quayle Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:18 am

Thanks James, almost there with this now. I've done as you've suggested and the games are launching in epsxe now as expected and with full sound Very Happy

Changing this setting each time after an update is also not a problem - it takes 2 seconds to change.

So the last thing that would resolve this issue now turns to graphics. I've set the graphics options I would like to use in epsxe itself and when launching the game via the emulator directly it uses the options I've set. Launching the same game via Hyperspin launches the game in epsxe, but, with default settings (in effect overriding the settings I've saved in the emulator). I suspect a module or Hyperspin config file is doing this, do you know where I can find this so that I can make the appropriate changes?

Yep, Chris said the same as well, so lucky me for being the only person affected by the sound problem Laughing

Many thanks!

Russell Quayle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down