Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SOLVED!] feature request: Universal shortcuts for save/load states (cannot easily add due to 3 controls platforms but can add to VoiceBot easily)

2 posters

Go down

[SOLVED!] feature request: Universal shortcuts for save/load states (cannot easily add due to 3 controls platforms but can add to VoiceBot easily) Empty [SOLVED!] feature request: Universal shortcuts for save/load states (cannot easily add due to 3 controls platforms but can add to VoiceBot easily)

Post by 2skoops Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:31 pm

I noticed in the Retroarch config that a bunch of commands like fast forward and save/load state are unmapped.  I know these aren't used very much in the arcade world, but it would be a nice options to have for certain consoles.

Has anyone else updated their config to allow save/load state in all (or most) emulators?  I did a quick search and didn't see any results (although the forum search doesn't seem to always work), so I'm wondering if this has been requested before or if there are any plans to implement it?
2skoops
2skoops

Bonus Coins : 7
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED!] feature request: Universal shortcuts for save/load states (cannot easily add due to 3 controls platforms but can add to VoiceBot easily) Empty Re: [SOLVED!] feature request: Universal shortcuts for save/load states (cannot easily add due to 3 controls platforms but can add to VoiceBot easily)

Post by James M Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:51 am

This would be great, but it is not easily implemented for the drive. If you do it; please save the configuration files and we'll add it for other users to use. Reason we can't just implement it is because the drive has 3 completely separate configurations for controls, and not all features can be mapped.

So, you'd be on your own; but, it is certainly doable and feel free to share.

One thing I *can* possibly do is that I can add those commands to Voicebot. If you post what system emulated and the controls on this post; I'll add it in there like I did for mame. So, you can just *SAY* "Save Game Slot 1" and it'll do it. That would work with any setup and work universally. If you do the legwork of commands list, i'll add it.

Moderator wrote:
FYI Marking this post solved, this doesn't mean that we will not continue to help with this issue.  Moving this because the above will solve this issue 99% of the time and help other users; so we want to get it to the SOLVED section.  

We are putting this in the SOLVED but unsorted thread.  It is unlocked and you can still reply.  If you are still personally having the same issue, please continue to post in this thread and we will continue to assist if we can

When your issue is solved; or, if we don't hear back for 2 weeks; we will finalize this thread by moving it to the right category in the solved issues.  The moving of the post is to help others, it doesn't mean we are ending viewing this thread.
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down