Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Philadelphia Eagles Superbowl LII Winners Arcade

3 posters

Go down

My Philadelphia Eagles Superbowl LII Winners Arcade Empty My Philadelphia Eagles Superbowl LII Winners Arcade

Post by rkwallace Thu May 24, 2018 8:57 am

This is a pic of my full standing Philadelphia Eagles Superbowl LII Champions arcade.  Read it could take up to a month for my 16tb hard drives to arrive and complete this project.  Oh well Crying or Very sad

It started here:
My Philadelphia Eagles Superbowl LII Winners Arcade 29683210

The end result:
My Philadelphia Eagles Superbowl LII Winners Arcade Eagles12

Internals that are constantly being upgraded:
My Philadelphia Eagles Superbowl LII Winners Arcade 29064610

Last edited by rkwallace on Thu May 24, 2018 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total

rkwallace

Bonus Coins : 18
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

My Philadelphia Eagles Superbowl LII Winners Arcade Empty Re: My Philadelphia Eagles Superbowl LII Winners Arcade

Post by rkwallace Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:24 pm

My Philadelphia Eagles Superbowl LII Winners Arcade 20180610

I bought a basket off Ebay to store the bluetooth keyboard and controllers, cost me about $11.

My Philadelphia Eagles Superbowl LII Winners Arcade 20180611

Big changes here.  I'm always doing something.  I changed out the motherboard to a Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI, I wanted additional SATA Ports (4, instead of using USB 3.0 for faster file copying) and onboard WIFI instead of USB.  I bought a Icy Dock Hard Drive Enclosure (4 drive) off Ebay for $39.  My plan is using 1 SATA Port for OS Drive (SSD), 2 right now for my 16tb Setup (External Hard Drives will be saved for backups, copy data to 8tb internal hard drives) and 1 for the upcoming PS3 / PSN Hard Drive (24tb Arcade System).   Big things in little packages.

P.S.  Upgraded the Graphics Card to a ZOTAC Geforce GTX 1050i, needed more horse power under the hood.

rkwallace

Back to top Go down

My Philadelphia Eagles Superbowl LII Winners Arcade Empty Re: My Philadelphia Eagles Superbowl LII Winners Arcade

Post by rkwallace Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:41 am

Click Here

This is what happens when you get bored.  You light it up

rkwallace

Back to top Go down

Post by rkwallace Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:17 pm

After 3 weeks my 16tb hard drives came in, not too bad. I know I gave Chris the blues but in the end the wait wasn't that bad. Now I'm off to the races, thanks to all and I will post after completion.

rkwallace

Back to top Go down

Post by rkwallace Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:04 am

rkwallace wrote:After 3 weeks my 16tb hard drives came in, not too bad.  I know I gave Chris the blues but in the end the wait wasn't that bad.  Now I'm off to the races, thanks to all and I will post after completion.

Still haven't completed my arcade. My initial 8tb hard drive crashed and now I have to have it recloned. Chris has been terribly busy, his computer crashed, and he was out of town. He probably hasn't gotten to my emails so I'm dead in the water. Embarassed

rkwallace

Back to top Go down

Post by Naeromagus Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:37 am

I know what you mean, sorry to hear about the crash. i had to have my drives recloned also, my advice go out now to buy 2 back up drives and clone a backup as soon as you get your drives back 1st thing before playing, as to avoid any further heartache.

Naeromagus

Bonus Coins : 36
Hi Scores : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by rkwallace Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:49 am

Naeromagus wrote:I know what you mean, sorry to hear about the crash. i had to have my drives recloned also, my advice go out now to buy 2 back up drives and clone a backup as soon as you get your drives back 1st thing before playing, as to avoid any further heartache.

Excellent advice, I planned on that from the beginning and got the 8+ (second hard drive backed up). The 1st hard drive (with the install files) was the one that crashed. Therefore I didn't get time to back it up or install my arcade.

I haven't been able to contact anyone to clone the 1st hard drive so I started an online update to see how far I can get. I know Chris has been busy and have no animosity about getting this done so I'm trying all avenues.

Baby steps but I will finish. Very Happy Very Happy

rkwallace

Back to top Go down

Post by rkwallace Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:31 am

rkwallace wrote:
Naeromagus wrote:I know what you mean, sorry to hear about the crash. i had to have my drives recloned also, my advice go out now to buy 2 back up drives and clone a backup as soon as you get your drives back 1st thing before playing, as to avoid any further heartache.

Excellent advice, I planned on that from the beginning and got the 8+ (second hard drive backed up).  The 1st hard drive (with the install files) was the one that crashed.  Therefore I didn't get time to back it up or install my arcade.

I haven't been able to contact anyone to clone the 1st hard drive so I started an online update to see how far I can get.  I know Chris has been busy and have no animosity about getting this done so I'm trying all avenues.

Baby steps but I will finish.  Very Happy Very Happy

Chris telephoned me last night. The fix is in. Talk about GREAT Customer Service, I never expected a personal telephone call with his busy schedule. He truly stands by his body of work.

rkwallace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:19 pm

I had a pos seagate drive die on me when I first bought the setup also, its saddening to have happen after all the waiting. Glad you are on the up and up. I like your setup but if I could give one piece of constructive advice: You look pretty comfortable playing with computer components and that means you can play with arcade components, not that much different to learn. I recommend trying some of the different buttons and sticks vs the tankstick ,you may find some interesting options. But this is coming from a guy that still doesn't have his built so take that for what it's worth lol.
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 419
Hi Scores : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down