Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[EMULATOR](PS1/PS2) - Format memory card prompt / Spyro wheel

2 posters

Go down

[EMULATOR](PS1/PS2) - Format memory card prompt / Spyro wheel Empty [EMULATOR](PS1/PS2) - Format memory card prompt / Spyro wheel

Post by Sean Powell Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:01 pm

[EMULATOR](PS1/PS2) - Format memory card prompt / Spyro wheel

Couple of related queries on this:

1) I went to the Spyro collection wheel last night and any of the Spyro PS1 games I started wanted me to choose a memory card slot, then said that it would need to format the memory card to continue.  This might be a noob thing but I'm reluctant to click on anything that says "format" without knowing what it will do.  ie, if I say format here, will it try and format D:\ where the game is running from, or is this safe to click on and then progress?

2) I ended up running "Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly" on PS2 which also asked me to choose a memory card slot and asked me to format, but then said I could proceed without a memory card but would be unable to save games.  However, it seemed that what game referred to as the "L1" button (possibly LT?) was not mapped, which is required for "bubble breath" in the game.  I looked at the PS2 control mapping displayed on the Controls wheel and it only shows six buttons being mapped.  Is this a set up error? Can anyone else jump in and verify whether this works for them or not?

3) In the absence of the memory cards, is it possible to save games in PS1 / PS2? I understand the various emulators work by unzipping the game files to cache, running the game through the emulator, then deleting the files from cache at the end, so unless it is updating the game state back into the zip rather than just wiping the files, presumably not?

thanks
Sean Powell
Sean Powell

Bonus Coins : 145
Hi Scores : 4

Back to top Go down

[EMULATOR](PS1/PS2) - Format memory card prompt / Spyro wheel Empty Re: [EMULATOR](PS1/PS2) - Format memory card prompt / Spyro wheel

Post by Sean Powell Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:57 pm

just to close this out in case anyone else has as similar queries...
1) format just creates a new file as a virtual memory card under the emulator
2) remapped the buttons to work correctly on my setup directly in the emulator
3) yes you can save, once the appropriate memory card slot has been formatted.
Sean Powell
Sean Powell

Bonus Coins : 145
Hi Scores : 4

Back to top Go down

[EMULATOR](PS1/PS2) - Format memory card prompt / Spyro wheel Empty Re: [EMULATOR](PS1/PS2) - Format memory card prompt / Spyro wheel

Post by James M Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:39 pm

Nicely done. I think you were missing a controls file maybe Joy2Key didn't update. That set of controls might not be mapped for everything else, but, if you sync and update and it's still working, then it was fixed.
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down