Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How turn off game loading screens and animations

3 posters

Go down

How turn off game loading screens and animations Empty How turn off game loading screens and animations

Post by tamoore1 Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:48 pm

How do I turn off the MAME screens that say the name of the game and say now loading before a game launches? I somehow turned it on and can't figure out how to turn it off...I've looked everywhere Sad I think it's causing my audio volume to be set to 1 when game actually loads....so I basically have no game audio. Before these animations came on it was working fine. Just need help being pointed in the right direction.

For example...when I launch Frogger in MAME, I see a zelda screen...then another screen that says Now Loading and words on which game is loading, the year of the game and a graphic of Beavis and Butthead???

Thanks in advance for the help.
tamoore1
tamoore1

Bonus Coins : 10
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

How turn off game loading screens and animations Empty Re: How turn off game loading screens and animations

Post by Sean Powell Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:33 am

There are prompts in the setup program for whether you want to use speech and intro videos.

Sent from Topic'it App
Sean Powell
Sean Powell

Bonus Coins : 145
Hi Scores : 4

Back to top Go down

How turn off game loading screens and animations Empty Re: How turn off game loading screens and animations

Post by James M Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:26 am

These are ALWAYS on, it's probably the games you first loaded without any issue were loading so fast you didn't see it.

It's called FADE settings.

You can turn them off, but, it can cause issues and you'll be staring at a black screen while it loads. It's in RocketLauncherUI. Go in there, after RLUI loads:

Click GLOBAL on the left
Then SETTINGS on the right
Then FADE tab under settings

In the main area after clicking FADE-General tab, you'll see two sections, at the top left it's Fade IN and top right it's Fade OUT

You can flip the first dropdown box to FALSE and these will no longer happen. For longer loading games it might look odd, it's unzipping the game in the background and you now no longer know how long that might take. Also, sometimes it crashes the whole setup for some reason (it's a known issue with RL/HS and not our issue; community does not have a fix). If you have game crashing issues before a game loads, you'll need to set them both back to true.
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down