Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

best controller and device set up to take full advantage of the 16 tb drive.

3 posters

Go down

best controller and device set up to take full advantage of the 16 tb drive.  Empty best controller and device set up to take full advantage of the 16 tb drive.

Post by Giovanni527 Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:07 pm

ok so i have an ipac track ball and spinner. set up. what else would i need to fully enjoy this drive. i know light guns would be good. what other things would be good. what vr set up would be good. lets hear it folks. cheers

Giovanni527

Bonus Coins : 49
Hi Scores : 1

Back to top Go down

best controller and device set up to take full advantage of the 16 tb drive.  Empty Re: best controller and device set up to take full advantage of the 16 tb drive.

Post by James M Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:23 pm

LED buttons are great, look up LED with videos online, to see the power what I can do. But they can get expensive. Trackball and spinner are the two best, They have the most games. Other games use a handful of other controls but there’s really not a ton of games for them. Most of them are other types of joysticks:

Rotary joystick, this is one that the topspins in multiple directions in addition to moving in directions physically. Thank of heavy barrel and ikari warriors.

Trigger joystick, these are ones that have a trigger in the handle. And example of this would be a lot of flight and gun games like after burner.

Top fire joystick, this is one of the buttons on the top instead of toward the front. You can usually use a trigger joystick is a top fired vice versa. One of the handful games that uses this is ninja Gaiden.

Two way, and four way joysticks. These are restrictive joysticks where you can only move into or four directions for old classic games. To a joysticks are like space invaders, and four way is like Pac-Man. You don’t really need these, it’s more for feel.

Analog and 49 way joysticks. These are joysticks that are kind of like pressure sensing joysticks, instead of just the eight common directions up down left right then diagonals, they can sense how far you are pushing them. So if you barely push forward the character barely moves, but if you push it all the way forward they run. Games like NFL blitz use this, these are expensive and there are only a handful of games maybe 10 that can use it.

Pedal and racing wheel, these are for racing games but many times people just use regular buttons for the pedals and a spinner (sometimes with a wheel attached). Other people use computer wheels like logitech.

Pinball shooter and side flipper buttons. There are a couple pinball shooters on the market, a really good one is called ZEB plunger. It’s senses how far back you pull an actual pinball plunger that is great for pinball games. It’s a bit expensive at about 100 bucks, So many people just use the regular but the joystick for the pinball games.

I myself am making a Frankenstein panel that has a bit of everything, but really unless you are hard-core into playing every single thing possible, a trackball and spinner is more than enough. You could probably play 95% of the games out there with just those two things eight buttons and a good joystick. A lot of people also just hook up an Xbox controller or wireless controller for games that use more complicated double analog sticks for things like PS1 and later.

Sent from Topic'it App
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

best controller and device set up to take full advantage of the 16 tb drive.  Empty Re: best controller and device set up to take full advantage of the 16 tb drive.

Post by Giovanni527 Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:01 pm

so an xbox controller for wi games and ps game would work well

Giovanni527

Bonus Coins : 49
Hi Scores : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty Fenwick Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:29 pm

Great explanation on everything. Only thing I'll add, If you have a two player setup you can set the joystick down pull to be the pinball plunger. It gives the feel of pulling a plunger.

Marty Fenwick

Bonus Coins : 71
Hi Scores : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down