Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cost of cross grade

2 posters

Go down

Cost of cross grade Empty Cost of cross grade

Post by jimh54 Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:20 pm

Hello,
I purchased a set of 16TB Hyperspin drives from a guy on ebay. I do not yet know whether they are from Hyper Arcade systems or from someplace else. I am hoping they are from here because upgrading will be less complicated and less expensive. I see nowhere except a passing mention that if one has a set of drives form another vendor there is a path to cross-grade to Hyper Arcade system. I do not see any mention of price for such a transaction. Does anyone have any Idea what it might cost to go from a 16TB Hyperspin set of drives to the 24TB cloud system? I already have the necessary drives. Also, How would the 24TB system need to be configured if the drives are internal to the PC? I understand that one drive needs to be D: but what do the other two need for drive letters?
I have sent an email to the main Site for the answer to the cross grade question but have not received an answer.
Thanks

jimh54

Bonus Coins : 16
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Cost of cross grade Empty Re: Cost of cross grade

Post by Sean Powell Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:17 pm

I think the short answer is that if you bought off ebay, it's not a legit wizshaw drive - might either be someone ripping off Chris and re-selling without permission, or a completely different 16tb setup. If you emailed chris (wizshaw@gmail.com) with a pic of the folder structure, he'll tell you though. He is usually a few days backlogged with email though.
Sean Powell
Sean Powell

Bonus Coins : 145
Hi Scores : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by jimh54 Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:27 pm

Thanks, I'm in conversation with him right now via email. I would like to get to the bottom of this too. I won't receive the drives until tomorrow. So I'll send him the info then.

jimh54

Back to top Go down

Post by jimh54 Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:41 am

I received the drives and do not think they are originated from Chris. There is no way to update or sync them. many of the games have errors when starting up and the control scheme seems really off. I do not think Chris would let this happen. Also, the readme files mention Hyperspin-fe.com. I do not think Chris uses that Front End on his drives.

Anyway, I went ahead and purchased the 24TB online drive option yesterday. I so far have not received anything except the receipt email. What should I expect next? Does Chris send the FTP and passwords or do I go to facebook for them? I don't know how to get the information I purchased. I hope someone can enlighten me. Thanks.

Edit. Just got the information. thanks anyway.

jimh54

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Powell Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:32 pm

All good! You won't regret it!! Smile
Sean Powell
Sean Powell

Bonus Coins : 145
Hi Scores : 4

Back to top Go down