Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SOLVED!] Cross Platform Favorites Wheel (Two ways provided, ez way -- HyperXMLspin, and hard way -- copy collection xml format)

3 posters

Go down

[SOLVED!] Cross Platform Favorites Wheel  (Two ways provided, ez way -- HyperXMLspin, and hard way -- copy collection xml format) Empty [SOLVED!] Cross Platform Favorites Wheel (Two ways provided, ez way -- HyperXMLspin, and hard way -- copy collection xml format)

Post by pattonthompson Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:02 pm

Anybody know how to do this?  I would love to have a cross platform favorites wheel with all my favorite vs, co-op, and party games to make the drive more accessible to friends.

pattonthompson

Bonus Coins : 114
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED!] Cross Platform Favorites Wheel  (Two ways provided, ez way -- HyperXMLspin, and hard way -- copy collection xml format) Empty Re: [SOLVED!] Cross Platform Favorites Wheel (Two ways provided, ez way -- HyperXMLspin, and hard way -- copy collection xml format)

Post by zeenon71 Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:17 am

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to make a few wheels with specific roms from different systems? This may give you a head start:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HyperSpin/comments/55t9x8/multi_system_wheel_in_hyperspin/

I know Chris, has put together a few wheels spanning across systems (Spyro/Pinball Collection) that you can look at, as an example.

Z

zeenon71

Bonus Coins : 188
Hi Scores : 13

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED!] Cross Platform Favorites Wheel  (Two ways provided, ez way -- HyperXMLspin, and hard way -- copy collection xml format) Empty Re: [SOLVED!] Cross Platform Favorites Wheel (Two ways provided, ez way -- HyperXMLspin, and hard way -- copy collection xml format)

Post by pattonthompson Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:02 am

Yes thats exactly what I’m trying to do, just don’t know the best way to do it. That helps point me in the right direction.

pattonthompson

Back to top Go down

Post by zeenon71 Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:55 am

A good example is the D:\Arcade\Database\Pinball Collection\Pinball Collection.xml file.

Create a xml called "Party Games.xml" and copy the format from the file above. Make sure you add "Party Games.xml" to your main menu.xml so you see it on the wheel.

Z

zeenon71

Bonus Coins : 188
Hi Scores : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by pattonthompson Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:05 am

Thanks,

This looks pretty slick too, I think the add-on is already on the drive.

http://hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/7424-hyperxmlspin/

pattonthompson

Back to top Go down

Post by James M Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:55 pm

Hahah you actually pointed to my reddit post where i answered it there Smile

Note, it's a multi-system wheel, and, it just adds an "exe tag" telling it what system to run. You can view any of the multi-system collection wheels like Sonic, Mario, Zelda etc to see how it's done.

However, we DO have HyperXMLSpin on the drive. With HyperXMLSpin, you can make any custom wheel you want. Enter a search term, get all the results. Remove anything you don't want in those results and add anything that was missed; and then click "make a wheel" and it'll make your own custom wheel. This won't have art, and it'll get lost each time you update; but, it will work, and is much easier than a custom XML you make.

FYI Marking this post solved, this doesn't mean that we will not continue to help with this issue. Moving this because the above will solve this issue 99% of the time and help other users; so we want to get it to the SOLVED section. If you are still personally having the same issue, please continue to post in this thread and we will continue to assist if we can; the moving of the post is to help others, it doesn't mean we are ending viewing this thread.
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down