Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet The Admins (Volunteers helping on the project and on the Forums)

+2
Albert Mulder
Sahadd Prawser
6 posters

Go down

Meet The Admins (Volunteers helping on the project and on the Forums) Empty Meet The Admins (Volunteers helping on the project and on the Forums)

Post by Sahadd Prawser Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:43 am

First of all I would like to thank everyone who is contributing to the forums in a positive way and working to help each other. This drive and the systems we are working on are vast and complex so your patience and collaboration are truly appreciated by all of us. We thought having a post like this might give everyone a little perspective on what we are trying to do here and who the people are that are helping.

Also before getting into that I want to once again remind all drive purchasers that the only thing that you have paid for is the drive in its current configuration at the time of your purchase. The updates, facebook group and forum support are all free services that are not part of that drive purchase package so please do not make the mistake of coming across as entitled in regards to these areas.

We have had a few issues with people being very disrespectful of our efforts and having some very unrealistic expectations. The only expectation you should have in regards to there services is that over time they will improve and you absolutely do have and will have the best arcade drive option available in the world. We can't put a more specific time limit on the incremental steps that will be taken beyond that.
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 419
Hi Scores : 25

Back to top Go down

Meet The Admins (Volunteers helping on the project and on the Forums) Empty Re: Meet The Admins (Volunteers helping on the project and on the Forums)

Post by Sahadd Prawser Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:52 am

Meet me! Sahadd

Growing up on original NES and getting my first computer at age 8 kept me very interested in both gaming and technology, so much so I originally went to university for a tech program years ago but ended up making a career change a few years after that. I'm a handy guy and like tinkering on projects ranging from stereo wiring, vehicles, home renovation of all sorts and building pcs by picking every part and putting them together myself. I'm also an outdoorsman so a bit of an "everyman" in a sense with the areas I take an interest in and have a skillset. The challenge of building my own arcade has been a fun one so far and its still a work in progress.

I'm from Canada and have a job in finance that requires me to travel a lot, primarily driving with some flights as well. My typical work week ranges from 50-70 hours depending on what is going on. Time is my most valuable commodity but if you are patient i'll just help you for free Wink

Cheers!
Meet The Admins (Volunteers helping on the project and on the Forums) WEeWAwe
https://imgur.com/a/tITVN
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 419
Hi Scores : 25

Back to top Go down

Meet The Admins (Volunteers helping on the project and on the Forums) Empty Re: Meet The Admins (Volunteers helping on the project and on the Forums)

Post by James M Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:45 pm

Meet The Admins (Volunteers helping on the project and on the Forums) 995815_10200199395923420_1547695723_n,
This is James M.

Growing up I played a ton of games and sports.  If I wasn't doing one, I was doing the other.   I first started on an Atari2600 that I once left on and burned an image into our TV... had to throw it out.  Graduated to ColecoVision playing Zaxxon, Looping (AArrrggg the controls!), and Smurfs.   Eventually played NES, SNES, PS1 (Battle Arena Toshinden was my jam!), then PS2.  

When the PS2 came out, I was working at a Mom & Pop Arcade as the lead tech... fixing buttons and re-soldering cables whenever something broke.  On slow days (aka every weekday) I got to play endless free games.  Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Elvira Pinball, and I've got a wicked shot in SuperShot basketball.  At home, I was playing Socom, Socom II, and then something changed..

Had a kid, stopped playing games.  I went from PS2, all the way to Xbox1 a couple years ago... never played any of those games in the meantime.  Missed the whole Halo series, missed Gears of War, missed all the Street Fighters and Mortal Kombats after the first few.  But, absolutely worth it.  I have a daughter that's 12.

Now that she's old enough, I went out and got the 8tb drive from Chris.  I wanted to get EVERYTHING possible, no matter how obscure or rare, because it's all vanishing.  My point is preservation... I want to show my daughter where they all came from, and how it got to here.  The first time her and I beat the game Bad Dudes, we took a selfie in front of the final screen with the president saying "Bad Dudes"

Current day.. I'm in sales, I sell cables!  I'm a damn good salesman, so I do well Smile  
At home, I'm a homebody, I like to do anything my wife and daughter feel like doing.
In my spare time I like to play sports... hockey a couple times a week, basketball whenever I can.  

When I'm not doing those things, I enjoy watching movies.   When not doing that... I'm finally gaming!  

My Computer Rig:
click to see my computer rig:

My Arcade Rigs:
click to see my arcade rigs:
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Mulder Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:35 pm

Hello,

.    Let me introduce myself and tell you a little about me. My name is Albert, and growing up we never had much, if I wanted to play video games, I went to a friend’s house, and depending on the friend depended on the system we played. But around middle school time we got a computer in the home and old Amstrad 8625 I think, just a green screen and these odd disks, had someone teach me a little basic programing, but never got far as the internet was not around yet (or google). A few years later someone gave me an old x386 and man it was color screen and dos (Oooo). A few months later I learned about upgrading. And over the years I was always messing with PC’s / building them took some programing in high school but teacher sucked so I learned qbasic mostly on my own.

.    After high school and still playing with pc’s I was modding ps1s had ran my own FTP site for hosting cd images, you uploaded one I did not have you could download 10 you wanted.  So I have always been more into PC games until PS3 era so I really want to play good old games now.

.    Over that years I have been involved with several joint effort projects on line. One of the more well known around the XP era, was software called WIP (Windows Post Installer) work with a group of great guys for several years until I moved on. Then off and on with several other small projects.

.    Now I am working with Chris and the other admins to recreate the installer (New users) so it is easier and more professional looking. Then will be moving on to Option App for changing setting and such, then finding a way to make sync easier and more reliable to use when connecting. And other goodies down the road.

.    We’re all trying to make your updating experience smooth, but with so many configurations out there and every pc is just a little different it causes problems for some people. We’re working through the issues and trying to find solutions that we can use now and in the future. But please remember we all have normal jobs, family, and need our own free time. We all live in different time zones, so at times it hard to work on issues when some are going to sleep while others are waking up.

.      Everything we do is when we have free time that we can donate to this project. That might be updating Facebook, answering question on the forums, working on software, content, media, videos, ect... , so if something is wrong let us know and we will get with you when we can. And know that we might set up a time to help and not show, its not that we don't want to help, but family always comes first. Thanks for your understanding and patients. Happy Gamming!
Albert Mulder
Albert Mulder

Bonus Coins : 35
Hi Scores : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by XrobotronX Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:31 am

Nice meeting all of you! I do understand what you guys go through. I greatly appreciate your efforts making this the best drive ever! Also would like to thank all of you for volunteering to help all of us, and all the time you all dedicated into this project as well.
I like to help people, I did help a couple out already. If you guys ever need any help, please let me know.

Thank You for all you do for us!!!

XrobotronX

Bonus Coins : 48
Hi Scores : -1

Back to top Go down

Post by James M Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:35 pm

Absolutely. We're still looking for help! We can use:

Forum Moderators (watch for foul language, flame wars, trolling etc)
Beta Testers (requires good knowledge of hyperspin, setting up systems, etc)
Administrators (more advanced knowledge of system, helping others on forums)
Coders (help writing custom software, autohotkey/autoit is fine)
Collectors (people with fast download speed and access to get torrents, test new systems, etc. *must can for virus etc before possible addition for future updates)
Media Experts (decent with photoshop or similar to grab clean logos etc from box art, etc)
Content Creators (like the stuff I --James M- made for drive, settings saver, voicebot integration, etc)

And I'm sure there's other stuff that I missed.

For anyone interested, just let us know what you can do/how you'd like to help, and we will review.
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni527 Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:40 pm

awesome folks

Giovanni527

Bonus Coins : 49
Hi Scores : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by vga Thu May 03, 2018 3:51 pm

Howdy Folks!

Figured I'd take some time to introduce myself.
I go by VGA, which is short for The Video Game Authority.
I'm 40 years old, and have been console gaming since I was 8, so as a 32 a year gaming veteran I can hold my own when it comes to talking gaming.

My claim to fame is console modding.
I've been soft-modding or hard modding gaming consoles for almost 20 years.
It all started in my college days when I was soldering modchips into PS1 consoles and burning game discs from my dorm room.

Though emulation works at the retro level, for me nothing can replace the experience of playing the original roms on the original hardware.

When it comes to hyperspin, I have a sorted past.
I've built several cabinet rigs over the years. A few stand-up Mortal Kombat style cabinets back in the day that ran Mame-Wah as a front end...... Yeah I'm dating myself a tad.

I've even built a pair of San Francisco Rush driving cabinets custom tailored to just playing racing games.

I upgraded to hyperspin about 8 years ago and ran it for a few years before my arcade drive died and that's where my arcade life ended. I swore I'd never download, catalog, re-name, and configure media for a cabinet ever again..... way to much work.

And then I found Chris and his services and my faith in retro cabinet emulation was restored!

I can script, I can code, I can generate artwork, and I can even have it printed.
I'm an arcade cabinet junky at heart.
I've even built a few lightguns where I installed AimTrak sensors in old big buck hunter shotguns back in the day.

I don't shy away from hardware, soldering, or getting my hands dirty.

Some of you might know me from my time spent on another popular retro rom forum where I was quite active for quite some time.
My biggest gaming accomplishment, for myself anyway, is my extensive rom collection.

Chris's setup aside.....

I have every video game made for every console from Atari - Xbox 360. (US Collections Only) ... as I'm not into imports.
Yes that includes full Classic Xbox, and Xbox 360 collections, PS1 & PS2 collections, Gamecube Collections, Wii, and Wii U Collections.... it goes on and on and on.

Looking forward to adding PS3 to that collection as soon as Chris's drive releases.

I'm all about preserving my childhood.
I grew up on games, and if I want to fire up some Killer Instinct and walk down memory lane.... well I can do that.

PM me anytime.
My inbox is always open.

Happy to help you if I can.
I look forward to supporting Chris and this community in any way that I can.

Happy Gaming!

P.S.
My favorite gaming franchises are the Legend of Zelda and the Resident Evil Franchises!
I prefer older school RE over new school, but I play the all regardless.

I'm a Nintendo fan boy at heart, then Sony, and then Xbox.... but at some point I play them all.
I usually am a console generation behind as I wait for mods to be released before I purchase a console, but i did bite and purchased a Nintendo Switch this past year and was NOT disappointed.

P.S.S.
Final Fantasy and all other RPG's can bite me..... I've never like the style of game play.... I just can't do it.
I enjoy watching others play the games... they just aren't entertaining for me to play.

vga
vga

Bonus Coins : 41
Hi Scores : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down