Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to turn off shortcuts in windows 7 so mame will stop booting me

2 posters

Go down

How to turn off shortcuts in windows 7 so mame will stop booting me Empty How to turn off shortcuts in windows 7 so mame will stop booting me

Post by Mike Penner Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:08 pm

Hey guys I am having an issue with the buttons that have been configured with mame. Shift and space boot me out of the game that u am playing. I have no issue killing the shortcut commands in windows because this PC will only be used for the cabinet. But I am having trouble finding out how to go about this. (Yes i have googled it) I can only find out how to turn off the windows key shortcuts. I was wondering if anyone could show me a quick way of doing this or if anyone has made a script to kill these commands upon start up. Thanks guys

Mike Penner

Bonus Coins : 4
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

How to turn off shortcuts in windows 7 so mame will stop booting me Empty Re: How to turn off shortcuts in windows 7 so mame will stop booting me

Post by maxpowa Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:44 am

This can be done with a autohotkey script.

Google how to use AHK - these are some of the commands:

; Disable Alt+Space
!Shift::return

; Disable Alt+Tab
!Tab::Return

; Disable Windows Key + Tab
#Tab::Return

; Disable Left Windows Key
LWin::Return

; Disable Right Windows Key
RWin::Return

maxpowa

Bonus Coins : 1

Back to top Go down

How to turn off shortcuts in windows 7 so mame will stop booting me Empty Re: How to turn off shortcuts in windows 7 so mame will stop booting me

Post by Mike Penner Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:57 pm

It turns out that ahk wont work in mame while using hyperspin. Rocketlauncher in particular. I made a script up to terminate most shortcuts that are associated with the problematic keys and tested it. Works great out of hyperspin but soon as I load a game in mame and click those buttons it flips me out and kills my bezels. From what iv gathered rocket launcher uses a command that takes you out of the game and back to hyperspin. When shift and space are struck at the same time it activates this command but doesn't terminate the application. Iv been told this has been fixed on this drive so maybe it didnt work when I updated? I reran the installer and used that ahk script, Terminated sticky keys and it still activates those keys. Iv also tried a ahk to switch what the command does instead of turning it off and it didnt work in hs either, only outside of it. I would love to get some more input for a solid fix, Simply not hitting the keys together sounds good on paper but then you play a fighter and quickly find out that it isnt a solution

Mike Penner

Bonus Coins : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down