Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SOLVED!] INITIAL DOWNLOAD: Cloud Download has Extra folders and files left over in Part 1 archive (not needed files)

3 posters

Go down

[SOLVED!] INITIAL DOWNLOAD:  Cloud Download has Extra folders and files left over in Part 1 archive (not needed files) Empty [SOLVED!] INITIAL DOWNLOAD: Cloud Download has Extra folders and files left over in Part 1 archive (not needed files)

Post by Kris Purdy Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:09 pm

I just went through the steps list for downloading and extracting the Part 1 archive and I have two folders left over in the archive that were never mentioned in the steps. These are the "transmission-watch" (which is empty) and "usr" (which has a lot of sub directories).  

According to the directions I would just delete the 7z file after having extracted all the game systems and basically deleting these directories along with it since they are not mentioned.  I just wanted to check and see if that is what I was supposed to do since I wouldn't think these files would be necessary to include in the archive if they were not needed for something.  If they are needed, what directory do I extract them to?

[SOLVED!] INITIAL DOWNLOAD:  Cloud Download has Extra folders and files left over in Part 1 archive (not needed files) Captur10
Kris Purdy
Kris Purdy

Bonus Coins : 3
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED!] INITIAL DOWNLOAD:  Cloud Download has Extra folders and files left over in Part 1 archive (not needed files) Empty Re: [SOLVED!] INITIAL DOWNLOAD: Cloud Download has Extra folders and files left over in Part 1 archive (not needed files)

Post by zeenon71 Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:55 pm

Brings up an interesting question, my download is from Jan-28 and my files are different sizes (all extracted with no issues) but unlike Kris I have a ‘files’ folder (empty). I doubt it’s needed.

TTX2 is #14 on mine (no #13), so in the end I have the same # of 7z files.

zeenon71

Bonus Coins : 188
Hi Scores : 13

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED!] INITIAL DOWNLOAD:  Cloud Download has Extra folders and files left over in Part 1 archive (not needed files) Empty Re: [SOLVED!] INITIAL DOWNLOAD: Cloud Download has Extra folders and files left over in Part 1 archive (not needed files)

Post by James M Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:11 am

Those are folders from the server, I *know* transmission-watch is NOT needed. I'm not sure from what you write above what are in the usr folder, but, i'm 90% sure it's not needed too.

If it's a large folder, move it to a backup drive just-in-case so not have to download again.

James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down